Author Topic: Need a bit of help/insight  (Read 2148 times)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Need a bit of help/insight
« on: January 05, 2022, 01:52:04 PM »
Hey all

I have a question. Other than turning into a fat bastard, why would my waist size be increasing?

So, usually around this time of year I'm a few pounds above my normal weight just because of all the stupid eating at Christmas. This year I made a concerted effort to keep this under control. According to the scales I'm my usual non Christmassy weight.

I'm about to hit 52. Have always trained naturally. My waist size at high school was 32. Until last year it was 32. With Covid, lockdown and the gyms closing for a year it moved up to 34. I just measured it and my waist is now around 37".

I've stopped training abs as intensely as I used to because I found no matter what I did, my lower back began to suffer. Even if I worked lower back, stretched my hip flexors, did all the stuff I know to do against low back pain, it'd still hurt. So I reduced my ab training. I still do it - but not like I used to and with less intense exercises.

Could this be why my waist has suddenly expanded? Is it age related? The only other time this happened was when I was deadlifting for about a year. I'm naturally a blocky type anyway and the deadlifting really added to that but I haven't done anything other than stiff legged deads for ages.

I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Need a bit of help/insight
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 03:49:39 AM »
Just aging and getting fatter. Isn't ageing wonderful?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:23:29 PM »
How is your bodyweight?

My waist size is 100% connected to by bodyfat.

At 200 pounds i'm 32". At 220 i'm 34" and 240 i'm 36".

I used to deadlift over 700 and my waist was 32".

It's bodyfat.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 12:02:28 PM »
Might be bodyfat true but it doesn't really look like it. Weight is exactly the same. Does bodyfat get stored differently as you age?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 02:10:54 AM »
Might be bodyfat true but it doesn't really look like it. Weight is exactly the same. Does bodyfat get stored differently as you age?
Yes, more in the gut.