Author Topic: CBum should be in a division on his own to not embarass his competition !!  (Read 2243 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: CBum should be in a division on his own to not embarass his competition !!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 07:29:42 AM »
and they did everything they could to fuck up that guys prep.
They claimed he had shrunk so weighed too much, he had to go away and try and lose 4lbs, he couldnt, later he was measured again at the correct height and allowed to enter

Surely these guys should be officially measured by in independant medical professional and then that is their official height for all future shows
Measuring heights on the day is fucking stupid and a waste of time and also open to corruption as we have seen Olympia just gone.

That's the problem Logan Franklin claimed he had. His doctor and the DMV measured him at an even 6 feet tall. But the IFBB kept measuring him at 5'111/2". Supposedly, that means he can't carry and extra 5-8 lbs of muscle.

Now, classic physique guys are doing what I call the torture-rack thing and stretching themselves an extra half-inch or so, so they don't have to shave off any muscle to compete.

But, that sounds safer than guys starving and dehydrating themselves to make weight classes (i.e. 212s) and then filling back up. That's what Johnnie Jackson said he did at the 2001 Nationals, starving and sweating himself to death to make light-heavyweight then regaining 19 lbs the next night to compete.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 07:37:57 AM »
That's the problem Logan Franklin claimed he had. His doctor and the DMV measured him at an even 6 feet tall. But the IFBB kept measuring him at 5'111/2". Supposedly, that means he can't carry and extra 5-8 lbs of muscle.

Now, classic physique guys are doing what I call the torture-rack thing and stretching themselves an extra half-inch or so, so they don't have to shave off any muscle to compete.

But, that sounds safer than guys starving and dehydrating themselves to make weight classes (i.e. 212s) and then filling back up. That's what Johnnie Jackson said he did at the 2001 Nationals, starving and sweating himself to death to make light-heavyweight then regaining 19 lbs the next night to compete.

You have written this before
Two wrongs dont make a right...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 08:33:59 AM »
You have written this before
Two wrongs dont make a right...

I never claimed it did. I agree that there should be a universal standard, where everyone gets his height measured that that be used for at least a year or two.

I've heard of drug testing. I've NEVER heard of rack testing (Boy did I tee one up here or what?)  ;D

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 08:37:41 AM »
I never claimed it did. I agree that there should be a universal standard, where everyone gets his height measured that that be used for at least a year or two.

I've heard of drug testing. I've NEVER heard of rack testing (Boy did I tee one up here or what?)  ;D
They should measure these guys at their first pro show and that's it. That's your set height for your career. Measuring them every contest is ridiculous imo

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2023, 01:02:09 AM »
They should measure these guys at their first pro show and that's it. That's your set height for your career. Measuring them every contest is ridiculous imo
^^^^THIS

Fucking how many more inches is a grown man going to grow once he`s fully grown,and how many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand?  LOL ;D

^^^^No dick jokes please.  :D