Author Topic: The F.B.I. Has Raided 🇺🇸Trump’s🇺🇸Home  (Read 78064 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: The F.B.I. Has Raided 🇺🇸Trump’s🇺🇸Home
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2022, 06:45:11 PM »
hahahahha....  stop fucking whining.  The simple fact of all of this is if Trumpy had not taken them in the first place, and if Trumpy didn't have a history of destroying documents or flushing them down the toilet, the raid would never have happened.

The little toddler brought it all upon himself.   

You don't like it?  No one cares.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #402 on: August 15, 2022, 06:49:39 PM »
hahahahha....  stop fucking whining.  The simple fact of all of this is if Trumpy had not taken them in the first place, and if Trumpy didn't have a history of destroying documents or flushing them down the toilet, the raid would never have happened.

You don't even know what or if anything was taken, you're celebrating far too early, as usual.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2022, 06:52:39 PM »
You don't even know what or if anything was taken, you're celebrating far too early, as usual.

They've already stated what was taken.  Duh!!!    ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:20 PM »

Dipshit, you’ll believe anything as long as it’s against Trump which why you and Prime ALWAYS lose arguments. Mmmmm, I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of pages of legit classified documents your boys Obama, Biden and Clinton have in their own possessions?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »

You mean stolen? Like his passports? If they would steal his passports what makes you think they didn’t steal other private documents? That said…

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2022, 05:10:33 AM »
Trump Accused of Lying Over FBI-Seized Passports, Then He Dropped the Receipts: With every passing day, the FBI’s raid of Mar-a-Lago looks worse and worse.
Red State ^ | 08/15/2022 | Bonchie
Posted on 8/16/2022, 12:40:14 AM

As RedState reported on Monday, Donald Trump accused the FBI of taking his passports during the unprecedented raid of his Florida residence. According to the former president, three passports were taken during the search, which apparently went far beyond just recovering supposedly classified documents that threatened “national security.”

Predictably, after Trump made the claim, the press quickly jumped into the fray to call him a liar. Norah O’Donnell of CBS News claimed via a source that the FBI was “not in possession of former President Trump’s passports.”

NEW: According to a DOJ official, the FBI is NOT in possession of former President Trump's passports. Trump had accused the FBI of stealing his three passports during the search of his Mar-a-Lago home.

— Norah O'Donnell 🇺🇸 (@NorahODonnell) August 15, 2022

When I saw that report from O’Donnell, I put out my own post questioning the phrasing. “Not in possession of” is very specific wording that could have simply meant the FBI had passed them on to another agency. Why not just say “we didn’t take the passports” if they didn’t take the passports?

Well, as it turns out, Trump’s team was ready and waiting with the receipts that showed the press narrative was a falsehood.

This is how Fake News works, folks. Biden admin actively feeds half truths & lies that the media willingly amplifies—advancing a partisan narrative to attack Trump.@NorahODonnell, did your “source” read you this email? Did you bother asking if they indeed seized the passports? https://t.co/DlzkagN0ie pic.twitter.com/VwCU7DPCvg

— Taylor Budowich (@TayFromCA) August 15, 2022

Incredibly (or perhaps not so), instead of admitting their mistake, members of the press rushed out to somehow make the revelation about…Trump’s supposed dishonesty.

So Trump team now publicizing this email, which shows:

1) DOJ obtained three passports (two expired, not one, as Trump said) and alerted Trump lawyers
2) They were recovered by a filter team, which weeds out privileged info.
3) Trump publicized this after DOJ offered them back

pic.twitter.com/lz8wneIQ0a

— Kyle Cheney (@kyledcheney) August 15, 2022

So let me get this straight. The FBI did indeed seize Trump’s passports, which seems incredibly improper given what was legally allowed to be taken by the warrant, and that’s somehow his fault? A passport is not something you just accidentally grab, thinking it’s a presidential record. It’s the kind of thing that an agent purposely took and knew exactly what they were taking. Yet, the big gotcha here is that Trump was wrong about the expiration date on one of the passports. It’s absurd.

The big story here is that the FBI took the passports in the first place. It is not that Trump shared an email that ended up embarrassing the bureau’s leadership, who were apparently content to keep lying about the matter via leaks until the former president exposed them. Now, the mainstream media wants to pretend like the seizure was just an honest mistake that shouldn’t be held against the FBI. Yeah, that’s not how any of this works.

Trump: “They stole my passport.”

Liberals: “Trump is lying.”

FBI: “We took his passports and are returning them.”

Liberals: “See? Trump always lies.”

WHAT?

— Bob Weave (@lowkeyrbe) August 16, 2022

The press and the DOJ working together to push a false narrative isn’t surprising, but that doesn’t make it any less improper and corrupt. There need to be answers provided for how the FBI ended up with Trump’s passports when they obviously weren’t part of what was sought and allowed to be taken in the warrant. O’Donnell and the rest of the press who ran with that lie that the FBI didn’t have the passports also need to answer for why they swallowed a statement from the DOJ without even bothering to get any corroborating details.

With every passing day, the FBI’s raid of Mar-a-Lago looks worse and worse. We are living under a regime that prides itself in operating like a banana republic. The dishonesty of those always out to get the orange man knows no bounds.

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2022, 06:35:31 AM »

Humiliated yet again pedocuck  ::) the only sexual gratification you get   :-X
c

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2022, 06:39:54 AM »
I am a lawyer presently.   This is not normal.

Specifically in relation to Mr Trump it is not normal
but is it legal?

so you are not a lawyer at present but you will be presently ?
c

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2022, 07:08:39 AM »

but is it legal?

He's a lawyer and has been for years.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2022, 07:12:08 AM »

but is it legal?

It is not normal to not allow counsel present and to tell the person to shut off all video cameras during a search. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2022, 07:32:26 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2022, 07:36:28 AM »
Eric Trump Says He Will Reveal FBI Raid Surveillance Tape
Newsweak ^ | ON 8/16/22 AT 7:32 AM EDT | GIULIA CARBONARO
Posted on 8/16/2022, 10:28:36 AM by

Eric Trump, the second son of the former president, said his family is in possession of surveillance tapes of the FBI raid at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida, and this footage will "absolutely" be released "at the right time."

"Will you—you still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Will you—are you allowed to share that with the country?" Fox News host Sean Hannity asked Eric Trump on Monday.

"Absolutely, Sean. At the right time," Eric Trump replied, adding that all law enforcement officers, including FBI agents, should wear body cameras for transparency reasons.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsweek.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2022, 07:39:49 AM »
hmmm FBI returns returns passports that never appeared on search inventory
Hotair.com ^ | Ed Morrissey
Posted on 8/16/2022, 9:53:18 AM

That brings us to the second question: Why weren’t the passports listed on the inventory? FBI agents certainly know what passports look like. The inventory is a legal record of everything the FBI took out of Trump’s home in executing the search. There may be some understandable fuzziness on the identity of each and every single sheet of paper in those boxes, but passports are unique and instantly recognizable — and look nothing like the documents in question.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:20 AM »
Boomerang? DOJ admission it over-collected evidence in Trump raid creates new legal drama
Just The News ^ | Updated: August 16, 2022 - 12:41am | By John Solomon
Posted on 8/16/2022, 8:23:06 AM

Former top FBI official says search appears to have been overly broad and gives Trump lawyers an avenue for appeal.

Three passports, Privileged documents. A file on a presidential pardon. As evidence surfaces about what FBI agents seized during the raid of former President Donald Trump's estate in Mar-O-Lago, new questions about the real focus of the investigation and new avenues for legal challenges are bubbling to the surface.

The Justice Department informed Trump's team Monday that agents gathered the former president's passports and are obligated to return them, and that officials are also reviewing seized materials that may be covered by various privileges, multiple sources told Just the News.

DOJ has designated a process for separating materials that could be covered by executive privilege or attorney client privilege and hopes to return such memos to Trump within a couple of weeks, the sources said.

"Occasionally a warrant collection can grab things outside the scope authorized by the court and the department is now following a procedure we would for any person affected this way," one official said Monday night.

Kevin Brock, who served as FBI assistant director for intelligence under former Director Robert Mueller, said the new revelations raise legitimate questions about over-collection of evidence that could lead to significant legal challenges. Trump lawyers are weighing whether to ask a federal court to name a special master to review sensitive documents and protect the president's 4th amendment, executive and attorney-client privileges.

"Trump's attorneys could have a runway to argue the scope of the search is overly broad," Brock told Just the News. "Search warrants normally require a level of specificity that seems to be missing in this warrant. Specificity is important in order to protect 4th Amendment rights from exuberant government overreach designed to find whatever they can."

Brock said he was particularly troubled FBI agents felt comfortable seizing a record of Trump's pardon of longtime friend Roger Stone, which the bureau disclosed in court documents. He said it suggested the raid may have something more to do with the Jan. 6 Capitol riot probe, where Stone has been a figure of interest, than an investigation into classified records.

"The president’s authority to grant pardon and clemency is clear but what isn’t clear is why the retention of a clemency order would be considered illegal," Brock said "The fact that it is highlighted on the receipt list, and that it has to do with Stone, will likely provide ammunition to Republicans who are asserting that the search was less about a document dispute and more about a hunt for derogatory Jan. 6 information."

The revelations came on a day when DOJ also opposed requests to unseal the FBI affidavit explaining the motive for the search, arguing such a move could imperil this and other investigations.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, whose conservative watchdog regularly sues the government to release documents and is seeking to compel release of documents in the Trump search, said the government's first court filings appear to describe an overly broad search that went far beyond classified records.

"They were engaged in a fishing expedition, and the warrant itself wasn’t about classified information, though it mentioned it," Fitton told Just the News. "It talked about all sort of other documents. It basically gave the FBI carte blanche to anything they wanted from the Trump home.

"And the fact that a judge signed off on it is very troubling," he added.

Brock agreed that the search warrant included a "stunningly broad scope" of targeted evidence and warned it could have a chilling effect on past and future presidents.

"This apparently makes a novel legal assertion that any presidential record kept by a former president is against the law," he explained. "You have to wonder what the other living former presidents think about that. They have the right and, apparently, clear desire to remain silent.”

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2022, 09:33:18 AM »
Dipshit, you’ll believe anything as long as it’s against Trump which why you and Prime ALWAYS lose arguments. Mmmmm, I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of pages of legit classified documents your boys Obama, Biden and Clinton have in their own possessions?

Since they have not been raided, I am going to say NONE.  Which is the exact same number of arguments ANYONE has ever lost to you.

Saying otherwise only highlights your retardation.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2022, 09:34:16 AM »
You mean stolen? Like his passports? If they would steal his passports what makes you think they didn’t steal other private documents? That said…

Stolen?  hahahahahaha.  You mean like the election?  hahahahaha

You are the perfect example of what happens when mental illness leads mental illness. 

Spin spin spin.....   that's all you can do besides lie, lie, lie.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2022, 09:37:59 AM »
It is not normal to not allow counsel present and to tell the person to shut off all video cameras during a search.

Not so.  It is at their discretion.  They have full authority to allow or not.

---
Donald Trump's attorney, Christina Bobb, said she was "not allowed" to observe FBI agents as they searched the former president's Palm Beach estate, Mar-A-Lago. She made the comments to Real America's Voice, a conservative news network, Tuesday. The FBI, however, is not under any obligation to allow attorneys to oversee a search, a retired FBI agent told Insider.

FBI protocol requires agents to show a copy of the search warrant — as well as provide an itemized list of what was taken after it is finished — but it has discretion on whether to allow the attorney to be present while the search is conducted.

Bobby Chacon, another retired FBI agent and former attorney, told Insider that the agency can "keep them out."

"In a nutshell, no, they don't have a right to be there," Chacon said. "If we want to keep them out, we can keep what we want out while we conduct the search."
---

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2022, 10:10:20 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2022, 12:33:08 PM »
Stolen?  hahahahahaha.  You mean like the election?  hahahahaha

You are the perfect example of what happens when mental illness leads mental illness. 

Spin spin spin.....   that's all you can do besides lie, lie, lie.

Yes, I mean exactly like that. You’re horrible at facts and debating. Do you think just because they returned it under public pressure that they didn’t steal them?

“The Constitution, through the Fourth Amendment, protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures by the government. The Fourth Amendment, however, is not a guarantee against all searches and seizures, but only those that are deemed unreasonable under the law.”

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2022, 12:47:20 PM »
Outrageous and unconstitutional’ is how lawyer Alan Dershowitz describes the FBI’s recent raid of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home to Glenn. A legal expert and host of ‘The Dershow,’ Dershowitz says he may have more experience with the Fourth Amendment — which protects Americans from unreasonable searches and seizures — than any other academic in America. He discusses the questions the government MUST answer about the raid, why Trump should’ve been served a subpoena instead, and why even Democrats should ‘object’ to this action from the FBI...

Transcript

GLENN: Professor Alan Dershowitz. Back on the program. Alan, you were one of the first people I thought of, when I heard what was going on. Because I knew you would have an opinion, and it would me to either rethink mine. Or to shore my opinion up.

ALAN: Yeah.

GLENN: Tell me about the raid with Donald Trump.

ALAN: Well, first of all, I have more experience on the Fourth Amendment than any academic in America. I understand the Fourth Amendment. I've written books about it.

I've litigated dozens of cases on the Fourth Amendment. And I'm a liberal Democrat, who voted for Biden and against Trump. But this raid is absolutely outrageous and unconstitutional.

You don't engage in a raid on a house, unless you have exhausted all other possibilities, and the most obvious recourse here, was a subpoena. A subpoena to the president. Saying, there are 25 boxes in your house. There's a safe. We would like you to bring them all to the court, tomorrow morning. Before you have a chance to leave where you are in the northeast. And come there. And destroy anything. And we will then submit it to a judge. And lawyers can argue, something that was classified. Some of it was unclassified by the president. Some was never classified. Some may be so classified, that even the FBI shouldn't have accessed it. To it, some may be privileged -- this is exactly the kind of thing that needs a document by document analysis. By a judge. Not the FBI coming in, and sweeping everything together. Breaking into a safe. Reminds me of the Geraldo Rivera fiasco, when he jumped into the safe, one of the big gangsters, Capone or somebody. Nothing was in there. Nothing was in there.

You know, you must have a single standard of justice. I'm a friend of both Sandy Berger, who was the former national security adviser. The late Sandy Berger. And a friend of Hillary Clinton. What they were accused of, was exactly comparable. And there were no searches of their houses. People who have been found guilty of taking classified material improperly, have been given fines. I don't think there's ever been a search like this, based on the allegations made in this case. Now, don't rush their judgment. Maybe there is something there. Right now, the burden of proof, is heavily on the Justice Department. And the FBI. Who justified what they have done. Absent a justification. Most Americans will not believe this was necessary. And they're going to come back and say, oh, we can't discuss it. Ongoing investigation. Classified material. Nonsense!

Appoint a special master, who has security clearance, who can objectively look through this thing, or else appoint the congressional committee. A real committee. Not like January 6th, which includes 40 percent Republicans, 60 percent Democrats. Have them look at this, in a classified manner. But we cannot except either silence or a claim that privilege somehow or confidentiality requires silence.

GLENN: But do we even know the chain of command now? I mean, how safe is it? First of all, Alan, we had Hillary Clinton, having some of her staff cut top secret off the top of documents, in a skiff. Send them to her server, at her house. And we didn't go through this. What could possibly be in these documents, that are so vital, that it -- that it warrants this, compared to what Hillary Clinton did?

ALAN: We're compared to what a subpoena would have produced. We don't know what's in there. Maybe there was a smoking gun. Again, he wasn't even on the premises. He couldn't have destroyed the information. All they had to do was issue a subpoena, or turn a vote this morning at 9 o'clock. There would have been no possibility of destroying evidence. And if anyone, Donald Trump or anyone else ordered the destruction of evidence, that's Nixon time. That's impeachment. That's criminal prosecution. That's a serious crime. Destroying subpoenaed material. It's -- you know, that's what the law is there for. To prevent that. And does anybody believe that Donald Trump would have taken a chance to destroy material? He didn't know whether there were copies of the material or other evidence that might be destroyed. This is a pretext. There's no way that the Justice Department actually believed that President Trump would destroy documents. Now, people say, oh, but a judge approved the search warrant. Let me tell you, with almost 60 years of experience. I've never heard of a judge turning down a search warrant. Ever. They give out search warrants more easily than Halloween candy. And so that's not a safeguard at all.

GLENN: Who was the judge? Do we know? Who did this? Do we know anything about it?

ALAN: No, we don't know anything. We haven't seen the document. Look, there's a search warrant in existence. We should see it. There's an affidavit, in support of the search warrant. We know what happened, when there was the search warrant for the FISA court. It turns out -- it turned out that it was filled with lies.

GLENN: By the FBI.

ALAN: Yeah. Well, I love the FBI. I've worked with the FBI. And I have worked with former directors of the FBI. It's a great organization. I don't know what the chain of command is. The White House has denied knowing about the raid. Which is quite surprising. Obviously, the attorney general who I also know. A former student of Harvard law school. I think very highly of him. I supported him for the Supreme Court. He obviously had to approve this raid. What was he thinking? Let him tell us. Maybe he's right. Maybe he did the right thing. I want to know that, Americans have a right to know that. Because we all now know, if you can do this to a former president, you can do it to Glenn Beck. You can do it to Alan Dershowitz. You can do it to all of your listeners. And this has to be justified. Or else, it has to be undone.

GLENN: Can you -- could you speak directly, as if I were a person that voted for Biden, and I despised Donald Trump. And I think he's guilty of everything that -- and he just can't be president anymore. Why is this so important, that we correct?

ALAN: Yeah. Yeah. Look, I'm talking to you from Martha's Vineyard, where no one speaks to me anymore. Recently, I was invited to a big event. Celebration of somebody. This engagement. I got a letter this morning saying, we have been told, not to invite you, because if we invite you, nobody else will come.

GLENN: Oh, my gosh.

ALAN: And our social reputations will be destroyed. At another event, a concert, where a good friend said, if I invited you, I would be committing social suicide. I tell all these stories, naming names in my book The Price of Principle. Because the price of principle is all about what happens to Americans today when they try to be neutral, try to be principled, try to be objective, and don't pick sides. And so I would hope that people who hate Trump. Who voted for Biden. I voted for Biden are just as upset at what happened here, as people who are Trump supporters. Now, look, there are three groups of people. There are the large tribes, for whom, about it you're after Trump, everything is okay. Constitution be damned. Constitution was written for the Democratic Party. There's no objective status. Okay. That's one group of people. The other group of people are so supportive of Trump, that nothing done against him, could ever be justified. The vast majority of Americans want to see justice, whether they voted for or against the candidate. And that's what we're not seeing here today. And so I encourage all of my fellow Democrats, to object to this. We're the ones who can really have an influence on this administration, because we're not Trump supporters. We're justice supporters. We believe in the Constitution. And that's where the pressure has to come.

GLENN: Would you agree that the FBI has been weaponized?

ALAN: I just there are elements within the FBI, that have been weaponized. I do think that. Look, it happens during the McCarthy period as well. It was wrong then. And it was wrong now. The FBI should be -- look, the head of the FBI, is not a liberal Democrat. He's, you know, nonpartisan. And I don't know whether he has deliberately done things. But remember, the FBI works for the Justice Department. They are part of the Justice Department. And so, you know, there's an old story, where the attorney general of the United States, during the Second World War, tried to get into the building late. And the building was restricted. And he said to the guard, I am the attorney general of the United States. And the guard said, I don't care if you're Jay Edgar Hoover himself, you can't get into it. But that was wrong. He worked for the attorney general of the United States. And so -- so does the director of the FBI, who worked for the Justice Department.

GLENN: Is your book out yet. I haven't read it yet.

ALAN: It is. It is. And it's doing very well on Amazon.

GLENN: Good.

ALAN: And please, buy it and review it. Because it's all about what's going on now. It's all about -- starts out with the phrase, that partisanship has trumped principle, and that we no longer live in a nation governed by principles. We live in a nation governed bipartisanship divisions. And as Abraham Lincoln said, a nation divided against itself cannot stand. That's the nation we're living in today.

GLENN: I will read it. The price of principle. You are paying a very high price for that. As are others. But thank you for having them. And sticking to them.

ALAN: I have a thick skin. I have a thick skin. I can do bear the cost. But when the people on my island, Martha's Vineyard, are not allowed to hear me speak at the Chilmark Library. When I've been banned by a public library, because I defended President Trump, then it goes beyond any parties or social communities, or social inconvenience. People have the right to disinvite me, if they don't like my politics. But they have the right to -- they have no right to prevent a library from allowing me to speak. Which is what happened.

GLENN: I hate to say this, but welcome to the club. Thanks so much. Alan Dershowitz. You bet.

The other of The Price of Principle.

STU: He didn't get one invite to one event. But he got invited to a new club. So there's an upside.

GLENN: He did. No. I don't think it really is.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2022, 02:12:02 PM »
He's a lawyer and has been for years.

given the importance of language and rhetoric to the legal profession his answer is ambiguous

c

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2022, 04:14:45 PM »

What are your thoughts on the passports and other items taken that didn’t have anything to do with the documents they were supposedly looking for in the raid? Do you think it’s a bit of a fishing expedition? Why take the passports and lie about it initially? Just looking for a liberals point of view. Thanks hoss.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2022, 04:58:29 PM »
Outrageous and unconstitutional’ is how lawyer Alan Dershowitz describes the FBI’s recent raid of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home to Glenn. A legal expert and host of ‘The Dershow,’ Dershowitz says he may have more experience with the Fourth Amendment — which protects Americans from unreasonable searches and seizures — than any other academic in America. He discusses the questions the government MUST answer about the raid, why Trump should’ve been served a subpoena instead, and why even Democrats should ‘object’ to this action from the FBI...

Transcript

GLENN: Professor Alan Dershowitz. Back on the program. Alan, you were one of the first people I thought of, when I heard what was going on. Because I knew you would have an opinion, and it would me to either rethink mine. Or to shore my opinion up.

ALAN: Yeah.

GLENN: Tell me about the raid with Donald Trump.

ALAN: Well, first of all, I have more experience on the Fourth Amendment than any academic in America. I understand the Fourth Amendment. I've written books about it.

I've litigated dozens of cases on the Fourth Amendment. And I'm a liberal Democrat, who voted for Biden and against Trump. But this raid is absolutely outrageous and unconstitutional.

You don't engage in a raid on a house, unless you have exhausted all other possibilities, and the most obvious recourse here, was a subpoena. A subpoena to the president. Saying, there are 25 boxes in your house. There's a safe. We would like you to bring them all to the court, tomorrow morning. Before you have a chance to leave where you are in the northeast. And come there. And destroy anything. And we will then submit it to a judge. And lawyers can argue, something that was classified. Some of it was unclassified by the president. Some was never classified. Some may be so classified, that even the FBI shouldn't have accessed it. To it, some may be privileged -- this is exactly the kind of thing that needs a document by document analysis. By a judge. Not the FBI coming in, and sweeping everything together. Breaking into a safe. Reminds me of the Geraldo Rivera fiasco, when he jumped into the safe, one of the big gangsters, Capone or somebody. Nothing was in there. Nothing was in there.

You know, you must have a single standard of justice. I'm a friend of both Sandy Berger, who was the former national security adviser. The late Sandy Berger. And a friend of Hillary Clinton. What they were accused of, was exactly comparable. And there were no searches of their houses. People who have been found guilty of taking classified material improperly, have been given fines. I don't think there's ever been a search like this, based on the allegations made in this case. Now, don't rush their judgment. Maybe there is something there. Right now, the burden of proof, is heavily on the Justice Department. And the FBI. Who justified what they have done. Absent a justification. Most Americans will not believe this was necessary. And they're going to come back and say, oh, we can't discuss it. Ongoing investigation. Classified material. Nonsense!

Appoint a special master, who has security clearance, who can objectively look through this thing, or else appoint the congressional committee. A real committee. Not like January 6th, which includes 40 percent Republicans, 60 percent Democrats. Have them look at this, in a classified manner. But we cannot except either silence or a claim that privilege somehow or confidentiality requires silence.

GLENN: But do we even know the chain of command now? I mean, how safe is it? First of all, Alan, we had Hillary Clinton, having some of her staff cut top secret off the top of documents, in a skiff. Send them to her server, at her house. And we didn't go through this. What could possibly be in these documents, that are so vital, that it -- that it warrants this, compared to what Hillary Clinton did?

ALAN: We're compared to what a subpoena would have produced. We don't know what's in there. Maybe there was a smoking gun. Again, he wasn't even on the premises. He couldn't have destroyed the information. All they had to do was issue a subpoena, or turn a vote this morning at 9 o'clock. There would have been no possibility of destroying evidence. And if anyone, Donald Trump or anyone else ordered the destruction of evidence, that's Nixon time. That's impeachment. That's criminal prosecution. That's a serious crime. Destroying subpoenaed material. It's -- you know, that's what the law is there for. To prevent that. And does anybody believe that Donald Trump would have taken a chance to destroy material? He didn't know whether there were copies of the material or other evidence that might be destroyed. This is a pretext. There's no way that the Justice Department actually believed that President Trump would destroy documents. Now, people say, oh, but a judge approved the search warrant. Let me tell you, with almost 60 years of experience. I've never heard of a judge turning down a search warrant. Ever. They give out search warrants more easily than Halloween candy. And so that's not a safeguard at all.

GLENN: Who was the judge? Do we know? Who did this? Do we know anything about it?

ALAN: No, we don't know anything. We haven't seen the document. Look, there's a search warrant in existence. We should see it. There's an affidavit, in support of the search warrant. We know what happened, when there was the search warrant for the FISA court. It turns out -- it turned out that it was filled with lies.

GLENN: By the FBI.

ALAN: Yeah. Well, I love the FBI. I've worked with the FBI. And I have worked with former directors of the FBI. It's a great organization. I don't know what the chain of command is. The White House has denied knowing about the raid. Which is quite surprising. Obviously, the attorney general who I also know. A former student of Harvard law school. I think very highly of him. I supported him for the Supreme Court. He obviously had to approve this raid. What was he thinking? Let him tell us. Maybe he's right. Maybe he did the right thing. I want to know that, Americans have a right to know that. Because we all now know, if you can do this to a former president, you can do it to Glenn Beck. You can do it to Alan Dershowitz. You can do it to all of your listeners. And this has to be justified. Or else, it has to be undone.

GLENN: Can you -- could you speak directly, as if I were a person that voted for Biden, and I despised Donald Trump. And I think he's guilty of everything that -- and he just can't be president anymore. Why is this so important, that we correct?

ALAN: Yeah. Yeah. Look, I'm talking to you from Martha's Vineyard, where no one speaks to me anymore. Recently, I was invited to a big event. Celebration of somebody. This engagement. I got a letter this morning saying, we have been told, not to invite you, because if we invite you, nobody else will come.

GLENN: Oh, my gosh.

ALAN: And our social reputations will be destroyed. At another event, a concert, where a good friend said, if I invited you, I would be committing social suicide. I tell all these stories, naming names in my book The Price of Principle. Because the price of principle is all about what happens to Americans today when they try to be neutral, try to be principled, try to be objective, and don't pick sides. And so I would hope that people who hate Trump. Who voted for Biden. I voted for Biden are just as upset at what happened here, as people who are Trump supporters. Now, look, there are three groups of people. There are the large tribes, for whom, about it you're after Trump, everything is okay. Constitution be damned. Constitution was written for the Democratic Party. There's no objective status. Okay. That's one group of people. The other group of people are so supportive of Trump, that nothing done against him, could ever be justified. The vast majority of Americans want to see justice, whether they voted for or against the candidate. And that's what we're not seeing here today. And so I encourage all of my fellow Democrats, to object to this. We're the ones who can really have an influence on this administration, because we're not Trump supporters. We're justice supporters. We believe in the Constitution. And that's where the pressure has to come.

GLENN: Would you agree that the FBI has been weaponized?

ALAN: I just there are elements within the FBI, that have been weaponized. I do think that. Look, it happens during the McCarthy period as well. It was wrong then. And it was wrong now. The FBI should be -- look, the head of the FBI, is not a liberal Democrat. He's, you know, nonpartisan. And I don't know whether he has deliberately done things. But remember, the FBI works for the Justice Department. They are part of the Justice Department. And so, you know, there's an old story, where the attorney general of the United States, during the Second World War, tried to get into the building late. And the building was restricted. And he said to the guard, I am the attorney general of the United States. And the guard said, I don't care if you're Jay Edgar Hoover himself, you can't get into it. But that was wrong. He worked for the attorney general of the United States. And so -- so does the director of the FBI, who worked for the Justice Department.

GLENN: Is your book out yet. I haven't read it yet.

ALAN: It is. It is. And it's doing very well on Amazon.

GLENN: Good.

ALAN: And please, buy it and review it. Because it's all about what's going on now. It's all about -- starts out with the phrase, that partisanship has trumped principle, and that we no longer live in a nation governed by principles. We live in a nation governed bipartisanship divisions. And as Abraham Lincoln said, a nation divided against itself cannot stand. That's the nation we're living in today.

GLENN: I will read it. The price of principle. You are paying a very high price for that. As are others. But thank you for having them. And sticking to them.

ALAN: I have a thick skin. I have a thick skin. I can do bear the cost. But when the people on my island, Martha's Vineyard, are not allowed to hear me speak at the Chilmark Library. When I've been banned by a public library, because I defended President Trump, then it goes beyond any parties or social communities, or social inconvenience. People have the right to disinvite me, if they don't like my politics. But they have the right to -- they have no right to prevent a library from allowing me to speak. Which is what happened.

GLENN: I hate to say this, but welcome to the club. Thanks so much. Alan Dershowitz. You bet.

The other of The Price of Principle.

STU: He didn't get one invite to one event. But he got invited to a new club. So there's an upside.

GLENN: He did. No. I don't think it really is.

Good info.  Dershowitz is the last outspoken liberal civil libertarian in America.