Author Topic: Colts getting beat down today  (Read 5162 times)

body88

Re: Colts getting beat down today
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:40 PM »
Am I supposed to feel sorry for you?  I'm a lifelong Niners fan.   :'(  Try having your son be an undercover Eagles fan.   :-[

Lmao!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 07:22:30 PM »
Ravens in the motherfucking hizzzooousssssssssssssss eeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Defense! Defense! Defense!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
I'm a geek, I know. Love it when my boys win! ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 08:20:59 PM »
 >:(   WE let them win on purpose.

;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »
Didn't see the game but 375 rushing yards is beyond bad, much worse than before. That combined with 3 loses, ya they're in trouble.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »
Didn't see the game but 375 rushing yards is beyond bad, much worse than before. Ya they could be in trouble.

lol.  Pumpster has seen the light.   ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »
lol.  Pumpster has seen the light.   ;D
Silly, nothing like today's unravelment has been seen before.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 09:34:29 PM »
Silly, nothing like today's unravelment has been seen before.

You mean the Colts didn't have the worst run D in the entire NFL before they were run over by the Jags today? 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
You mean the Colts didn't have the worst run D in the entire NFL before they were run over by the Jags today? 

Unless you're suggesting they've averaged 375 rush yards against each game, it's not relevant to today's game. Different magnitude altogether.

The timing was GOOD FOR INDI. They'll have time to regroup and refocus, unlike last year where the distractions were last-minute.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 09:39:33 PM »
Dolts losing is so wonderful. THE JETS lost but I've got my own problems.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 09:50:03 PM »
Unless you're suggesting they've averaged 375 rush yards against each game, it's not relevant to today's game. Different magnitude altogether.

Well obviously 375 is one of the worst performances in NFL history by an NFL defense, but the Colts were giving up an average of 160 yards a game before today.  They are not bringing home a ring if they give up 160 yards a game on the ground.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »
No ring this year for that whiny litttle..anyway. I'm still in mourning.
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 10:09:17 PM »
No ring this year for that whiny litttle..anyway. I'm still in mourning.

what happened to the pats today? I didn't see it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »
Um Brady ran for his life for 4 quarters. I watched it on the net. Ask Body I'm sure he saw it on TV. We have major issues. But we also had guys out so who knows.  >:(
L

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »
Um Brady ran for his life for 4 quarters. I watched it on the net. Ask Body I'm sure he saw it on TV. We have major issues. But we also had guys out so who knows.  >:(

Looking back, NE will realize that they had a good year considering their circumstances.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 12:00:09 AM »
Yeah I think so to. I'm torn we're 9-4 but we have alot of issues heading into the playoffs. I'd rather not limp in.
L

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 07:36:13 AM »
>:(   WE let them win on purpose.

;D

I was torn during that game, bro. Growing up in St louis, I was a BIG Chiefs fan. Still am. But being in Maryland for the last 10 years turned me over to the Ravens. But I'll always have a soft spot for big red. Lj still had a good game despite that defense. It's Green who they totally wrecked during that game......

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 07:41:22 AM »
Yeah I think so to. I'm torn we're 9-4 but we have alot of issues heading into the playoffs. I'd rather not limp in.

Hate to say it, dude but letting Branch go was a huge mistake. When your top receiving threat(Caldwell) gets only 12 yards receiving, Well.......that doesn't bode well for the post season. But the get Marouny back next week, right?

body88

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

The injuries where bad before. But now they are just awful. As long as Wilfork , watson , Maroney and Harrison are back for the playoffs, we will be ok.

Jr was a big lose. Wilfork is a HUGE lose. Same with Rodney and Wilson. Harrison has said he could be back before the playoffs. Hopefully Bill sat Meroney to make sure he was healthy for the playoffs.

body88

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 07:48:56 AM »
Hate to say it, dude but letting Branch go was a huge mistake. When your top receiving threat(Caldwell) gets only 12 yards receiving, Well.......that doesn't bode well for the post season. But the get Marouny back next week, right?

That is incorrect. Tom Brady had no time to throw the ball yesterday. It had nothing to do with the the receivers. Here are Caldwells stats vs Dion's up until the 12th game this season.

Reche Caldwell 12 games, 46 catches,574 yards 3 tds

Dion Branch 10 games, 38, catches, 518 yards 4 tds

Dion Branch was a great player. Of course we miss him. But, the national media does not tell the whole story. The pats wanted to wait to restructure Dion's contract since he was under contract until next year. Dion wanted big money ( Top receiver money) before his contract was up.Dion Branch is not a top reciever. If you let him break a contract everyone is going to do it. You cannot let someone demand a contract restructure while they are still under a active contract. Every key player on the team would pull it. Dion was asking for way to much money. Not only that, he was blackmailing the pats. The pats told Dion they would restructure after his current contract was up. He would not do it. None of you who talk about "the pats just letting him go" mention this.

Still, the pats offered Branch a fair dea,l and he turned it down. Dion was demanding TO type money. Dion is a great player. But, not even a top 20 receiver. Hell, Dion is not even in the top 30 this year. Why would the pats let him break his current contract,pay him top receiver money when he is not a top receiver in the league? Pay him like a TO, Smith or Wayne? Why would the pats let Dion blackmail them with threats? He was under contract. You let Dion do that it sets a BAD example for the other players who want more money.Everyone thinks they should make more money. Of course we loved Dion out here. But, most you guys don't even know what you are talking about. ESPN is about the worst source for internal information ever.

I loved Dion. But, he has not done much in Seattle this year. Actually, I heard some Seattle fans where upset with how much they overpayed him and neglected others. The pats are 9 - 4. People need to relax. They are not as strong as the superbowl teams in the past ( besides 2001). But, with Harrison, Maroney,Watson and Wilfork back they will be a threat in the postseason. I never said they would run the table ::) There is alot of jealousy towards the pats. People hate how they won 3 superbowls in 5 years. People just want to see them lose. They are a good football team.  If they play well (do not kill themselves with penalties,rookies making mistakes and sloppy play). If we  get some key players back(which will will) we have a shot to beat anyone. This team moved the ball fine against the Chicago bears defense. They played better d then the bears did. The pats also had 5 turnovers handed to the bears in that game. Dont write them off just yet. They are not a powerhouse like they used to be. But, they are still a good football team. When playing well they can off anyone in the playoffs. Bill has won three superbowls in the last 5 years. I would think he know what he is doing.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »
That is incorrect. Tom Brady had no time to throw the ball yesterday. It had nothing to do with the the receivers. Here are Caldwells stats vs Dion's up until the 12th game this season.

Reche Caldwell 12 games, 46 catches,574 yards 3 tds

Dion Branch 10 games, 38, catches, 518 yards 4 tds

Dion Branch was a great player. Of course we miss him. But, the national media does not tell the whole story. The pats wanted to wait to restructure Dion's contract since he was under contract until next year. Dion wanted big money ( Top receiver money) before his contract was up.Dion beranch is not a top reciever. If you let him break a contract, everyone is going to do it. You cannot let someone demand a contract restructure while they are still under a active contract. Every key player on the team would pull it. Dion was asking for way to much money. Not only that. He was blackmailing the pats. They told him they would restructure after his current contract was up. He would not do it. None of you who talk like the pats just let him go knew this.

Still, the pats offered him a fair deal and he turned it down. He was demanding TO type money. Dion is a great player but not even a top 20 receiver. Hell he is not even in the top 30 this year.Why would the pats let him break his current contract,pay him top receiver money(when he is not a top receiver in the league, like a TO or Wayne),let him blackmail them with threats and set a awful example for players to do the same thing? Of course we loved Dion. But most you guys don't even know what you are talking about. ESPN is about the worst source for internal information ever.

I loved Dion. But he has not done much in Seattle this year. Actually, I heard some Seattle fans where upset with how much they overpayed him and neglected others. The pats are 9 - 4. People need to relax. They are not as strong as the superbowl teams in the past ( besides 2001) but with Harrison, Maroney,Watson and Wilfork back they will be a threat. I never said they would run the table ::) There is alot of jealousy towards the pats. people hate how they won 3 superbowls in 5 years. People just want to see them lose. They are a good football team.  If they play well (dont kill themselves with penalties and sloppy play), and get some key players back they have a shot to beat anyone. This team moved the ball fine against the chicago bears defense. They played better d then the bears did. The pats also had 5 turnovers handed to the bears in that game. Dont write them off just yet.

Wow. Had some things to get off your chest, did we?

body88

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 09:36:53 AM »
Sorry, I just hate hearing people talk about the Branch thing like the pats just let him go. People who do not know what they are talking about, make it out be be  like the pats where arrogant ,and just told Dion to screw. Farthest thing from the truth. Branch was the one who people should be mad at. His demands where ludicrous. The guy is asking for top 5 receiver money? Dion is not even in the top 20 in the receivers in the league ( top 30 this year). He wants to scrap a currently active contract, and does so by threatening not to play and not showing up for camp? Dion was a great player. But, more of a key to our specific offense. He was not a  Steve Smith or Reggie Wayne.

How could the pats not let him go? Should they let him show all the other players all  they have to do to get what they want, is be a good player and blackmail them? Do not forget the pats let Dion seek to be traded. The pats could have blocked all that. They could have been dicks about it. Dion was under contract until next season. They could have sat him on top of the 100 grand he racked up in fines.

With Caldwells almost identical stats they made the right decision imo. Branch would have been a great guy to keep here. Believe me I miss him. He was one of my favortie players ( and a great one at that) But, he was the one who shipped himself off demanding dumb things. Dion could have waited until the end of the season to restructure, when his contract was up. He could have also accepted the market value deal the pats offered him. Dion figured he could blackmail the pats into giving him huge money and nixing his contract since he was a loyal player. 

The pats troubles this year have been turnovers,fumbles by rookies, timing by rookie receivers, penalties and injuries. Not the loss of Dion Branch. take a look at the minnasota game if you want to see what the new guys can do when playing well. They are not superstars like Wayne and Harrison but they are not shit either. These guys are rookies! Trust me, I wish Dion was still here to. But, the pats are 9-4. Pretty good if you ask me.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:27 AM »
The guy is asking for top 5 receiver money, and he is not even in the top 20 in the league
Value can't be gauged just by numbers in the case of receivers, since they're reliant on getting volume. Better to base it on value to the team, which is admittedly harder to determine.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:52 AM »
Sorry, I just hate hearing people talk about the Branch thing like the pats just let him go. People who do not know what they are talking about make it out be be  like the pats where arrogant ,and just told Dion to screw. Farthest thing from the truth. Branch was the one who people should be mad at. His demands where ludicrous. The guy is asking for top 5 receiver money, and he is not even in the top 20 in the league ( top 30 this year). He wants to scrap a currently active contract and does so by threatening not to play and not showing up for camp?

How can the pats not let him go? Should they let him show all the other players all  they have to do to get what they want, is be a good player and blackmail them? Do not forget the pats let Dion seek to be traded. The pats could have blocked all that. They could have been dicks about it. Dion was under contract until next season.

With Caldwells almost identical stats they made the right decision. Branch would have been a great guy to keep here. Believe me I miss him. He was one of my favortie players ( and a great one at that) But, he was the one who shipped himself off demanding dumb things. Dion could have waited until the end of the season to restructure, when his contract was up. He could have also accepted the market value deal the pats offered him. Dion figured he could blackmail the pats into giving him huge money and nixing his contract, since he was a loyal player.  He chose no to. So f**k em.

The pats troubles this year have been turnovers,fumbles by rookies, timing by rookie recievers, penalties and injuries. Not the loss of Dion Branch. Trust me, I wish here was still here to. The pats are 9-4. Pretty good if you ask me.

I hope the Ravens get to play them in the playoffs. Classic matchup. Brady and his postseason poise vs. that defense.

body88

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »
Value can't be gauged just by numbers in the case of receivers, since they're reliant on getting volume. Better to base it on value to the team, which is admittedly harder to determine.

True. But, Dion was asking for much more money then he was worth. It was not all about the money. It was about Dion being under contract and demanding a restructure by blackmail. You cannot let players do that. What happens when Ty Warren decided he does not like the contract he signed?

The pats offered Branch a fair deal. They also offered to restructure after this season when his contract was up. Dion chose to go the other route.

The pats could have forced Dion to pay fines for not showing up to play on top of losing his salary for a year. They  let him walk and get his money.

I wish the guy was here to. Dion was a model teammate and great player. But you cannot look at the situation in a unbiased light and agree with Dion.