Author Topic: How We Define Gender In Hawaii  (Read 87145 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How We Define Gender In Hawaii
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2021, 11:30:16 AM »
‘What Planet Are You From?’–Rand Paul Denounces Biden Transgender Sports Policy
DR. SUSAN BERRY  3 Feb 2021
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/03/what-planet-are-you-from-rand-paul-denounces-biden-transgender-sports-policy/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2021, 03:09:56 PM »
Judge Backs Biden: Christian College Must Allow Biological Males in Women's Showers
By Mike Miller | May 21, 2021
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/05/21/judge-backs-biden-christian-college-must-allow-biological-males-in-womens-showers-n384250

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2021, 03:15:53 PM »
Now "biological male" is offensive?  So much for science.

USA Today Strikes ‘Male’ From Female Runner’s Op-Ed About Men In Women’s Sports After Publication
MAY 27, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

USA Today retroactively edited an article written by a student that affirmed biological sex to instead appease a woke mob.

The original article, authored by collegiate track star Chelsea Mitchell, detailed how authorizing biological males who claim to be females to participate on women’s high school or college sports teams ultimately hurts female athletes.

“I was the fastest girl in Connecticut. But transgender athletes made it an unfair fight,” Mitchell wrote. “That’s because males have massive physical advantages,” she went on to say later in the article, and “I’ll never know how my own college recruitment was impacted by losing those four state championship titles to a male.”

Days after the corporate media outlet published the column, however, USA Today editors caved to pressure from activists and deleted all mentions of the word “male” in the article, replacing them with “transgender” to avoid offending the captious complainers.

“This column has been updated to reflect USA TODAY’s standards and style guidelines,” the editor’s note at the top of the article states. “We regret that hurtful language was used.”

. . .

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/27/usa-today-strikes-male-from-female-runners-op-ed-about-men-in-womens-sports-after-publication/?fbclid=IwAR0Abm29ryJ9qlqcUwXzYTuMpABbtsqRAoQTKMkeljN8CA2NnfUVhTTcO18

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2021, 03:21:51 PM »
Florida Becomes Latest State to Ban Transgender Girls From Sports
JOSEPH SALVADOR

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill on Tuesday banning transgender girls and women from competing in women's scholastic sports. (Elementary school athletes are not included.)

“In Florida, girls are going to play girls’ sports, and boys are going to play boys’ sports,” DeSantis said, according to the Miami Herald.

DeSantis signed the bill on the first day of Pride Month, but he denied that he was trying to send a message with the timing.

"It’s not a message to anything other than saying we’re going to protect fairness in women’s sports," he said.

The same day, the LGBTQ civil rights group the Human Rights Campaign announced its intention to sue the state.

“Governor DeSantis and Florida lawmakers are legislating based on a false, discriminatory premise that puts the safety and well-being of transgender children on the line,” the organization’s president, Alphonso David, said in a statement. “Transgender kids are kids; transgender girls are girls. Like all children, they deserve the opportunity to play sports with their friends and be a part of a team.”

Florida is the latest and most populous state to pass a law banning transgender girls and women from school sports, joining Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, Tennessee and West Virginia.

South Dakota also implemented a similar law through executive order.

The American Civil Liberties Union announced recently that it would be filing a lawsuit against West Virginia for its transgender ban. The ACLU has also promised more lawsuits were to come for any states that pass similar legislation.

https://www.si.com/high-school/2021/06/01/florida-bans-transgender-girls-womens-school-sports?fbclid=IwAR17f6t-VRPY6DdGPYBHnssdsNZCgp6oHXbuoANBKkN9noh683IEq6LJbxU

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
Virginia Teacher Placed on Leave after Opposing District’s Proposed Transgender Policy
By CAROLINE DOWNEY
May 29, 2021
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/virginia-teacher-placed-on-leave-after-opposing-districts-proposed-transgender-policy/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »
Virginia Teacher Placed on Leave after Opposing District’s Proposed Transgender Policy
By CAROLINE DOWNEY
May 29, 2021
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/virginia-teacher-placed-on-leave-after-opposing-districts-proposed-transgender-policy/

Judge Reinstates VA Teacher Suspended For Refusing To Affirm Trans Identity For Kids, Calls School Response ‘Vindictive’
"A massive victory for freedom of speech."
By  Jon Brown
Jun 8, 2021   DailyWire.com

https://www.dailywire.com/news/judge-reinstates-va-teacher-suspended-for-refusing-to-affirm-trans-identity-for-kids-calls-school-response-vindictive?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR00btp_lv1Kk96JILT4I6euPGvul7qBmpPIs3MpIJ4UWn3r1UpuNDmYZco

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2021, 04:20:23 PM »
Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
BY BENJAMIN FEARNOW ON 6/7/21
https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2021, 02:29:08 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2021, 05:47:27 PM »
Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343
I sure real women will be pissed, as they should be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2021, 12:30:11 PM »
I sure real women will be pissed, as they should be.

Given that a guy can just declare himself a girl (see the Matt Walsh clip I posted earlier), I'm not even sure what a "real woman" is under today's standards. 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »
Benders-Genders.

More than 2 genders, except for t-shirt sizes.  ::)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2021, 02:16:44 PM »
Benders-Genders.

More than 2 genders, except for t-shirt sizes.  ::)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2021, 08:12:21 PM »
Given that a guy can just declare himself a girl (see the Matt Walsh clip I posted earlier), I'm not even sure what a "real woman" is under today's standards.
The ones us straight guys would smash.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2021, 07:22:21 PM »
The ones us straight guys would smash.

Gone are the days when you can assume someone who looks like a woman is a biological woman, especially with the internet, makeovers, filters, etc.  The dating scene has to be an absolutely frightening place.  Check out this recent story:

Virginia Tech linebacker accused of beating man to death over Tinder catfishing
By Joshua Rhett Miller
June 10, 2021
A freshman Virginia Tech linebacker charged with murder told police he fatally beat a man — breaking every bone in his face — for catfishing him on Tinder, prosecutors said.

Ismemen David Etute, 18, told cops he went to the Blacksburg apartment of 40-year-old Jerry Smith in April for oral sex after matching up with someone named “Angie” on Tinder, the Roanoke Times reported.

Isimemen Etute in a booking photo.

Etute then returned to the apartment on May 31 for another meet-up, at which point he discovered the person he had matched up with this time was male, according to Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Jason Morgan, citing details the now-suspended linebacker told cops.

Etute told investigators he punched Smith five times in the face and “stomped” on him, but didn’t call police despite hearing “bubbling and gurgling” from the victim as he left the apartment. Cops found the badly beaten man’s body one day later, the newspaper reported.

The linebacker’s parents and sister attended Wednesday’s hearing, as well as a dozen Virginia Tech football players, most of whom were wearing team gear, according to the report.

An autopsy revealed Smith, a restaurant worker, died from blunt force trauma to the head. All of the bones in his face were broken and his teeth were also missing, the Roanoke Times reported.

Enlarge ImageIsimemen Etute is seen on a Fox 46 broadcast.

Etute, who is charged with second-degree murder, was arrested on June 2. His attorney, Jimmy Turk, told a judge the case was “more than someone just showing up to an apartment and punching someone.”

Turk later addressed reporters outside of court.

“Nobody deserves to die, but I don’t mind saying, don’t pretend you are something that you are not,” Turk told reporters outside the courtroom. “Don’t target or lure anyone under that perception. That’s just wrong.”

At one point during Wednesday’s bond hearing, Turk reportedly asked Etute — clad in an orange prison jumpsuit — how he had been impacted by the charges.

“Real hard,” Etute said. “I’m trying to stay strong for the people that support me, I feel like I’ve let a lot of people down. … I’m truly sorry for my actions.”

Etute was ordered released on $75,000 secured bond under conditions of house arrest and electronic monitoring, the Roanoke Times reported, citing Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt.

Jerry Paul Smith was allegedly beaten to death by Isimemen Etute.

Etute, who will stay with his parents in Virginia Beach, is due back in court on Sept. 23, WJZY reported.

The linebacker’s team profile was not active Thursday. He was suspended from the squad last week.

Relatives of Smith, meanwhile, reportedly declined to comment after the hearing.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/virginia-tech-linebacker-isimemen-etute-accused-of-fatally-beating-man/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »
Gone are the days when you can assume someone who looks like a woman is a biological woman, especially with the internet, makeovers, filters, etc.  The dating scene has to be an absolutely frightening place.  Check out this recent story:

Virginia Tech linebacker accused of beating man to death over Tinder catfishing
By Joshua Rhett Miller
June 10, 2021
A freshman Virginia Tech linebacker charged with murder told police he fatally beat a man — breaking every bone in his face — for catfishing him on Tinder, prosecutors said.

Ismemen David Etute, 18, told cops he went to the Blacksburg apartment of 40-year-old Jerry Smith in April for oral sex after matching up with someone named “Angie” on Tinder, the Roanoke Times reported.

Isimemen Etute in a booking photo.

Etute then returned to the apartment on May 31 for another meet-up, at which point he discovered the person he had matched up with this time was male, according to Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Jason Morgan, citing details the now-suspended linebacker told cops.

Etute told investigators he punched Smith five times in the face and “stomped” on him, but didn’t call police despite hearing “bubbling and gurgling” from the victim as he left the apartment. Cops found the badly beaten man’s body one day later, the newspaper reported.

The linebacker’s parents and sister attended Wednesday’s hearing, as well as a dozen Virginia Tech football players, most of whom were wearing team gear, according to the report.

An autopsy revealed Smith, a restaurant worker, died from blunt force trauma to the head. All of the bones in his face were broken and his teeth were also missing, the Roanoke Times reported.

Enlarge ImageIsimemen Etute is seen on a Fox 46 broadcast.

Etute, who is charged with second-degree murder, was arrested on June 2. His attorney, Jimmy Turk, told a judge the case was “more than someone just showing up to an apartment and punching someone.”

Turk later addressed reporters outside of court.

“Nobody deserves to die, but I don’t mind saying, don’t pretend you are something that you are not,” Turk told reporters outside the courtroom. “Don’t target or lure anyone under that perception. That’s just wrong.”

At one point during Wednesday’s bond hearing, Turk reportedly asked Etute — clad in an orange prison jumpsuit — how he had been impacted by the charges.

“Real hard,” Etute said. “I’m trying to stay strong for the people that support me, I feel like I’ve let a lot of people down. … I’m truly sorry for my actions.”

Etute was ordered released on $75,000 secured bond under conditions of house arrest and electronic monitoring, the Roanoke Times reported, citing Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt.

Jerry Paul Smith was allegedly beaten to death by Isimemen Etute.

Etute, who will stay with his parents in Virginia Beach, is due back in court on Sept. 23, WJZY reported.

The linebacker’s team profile was not active Thursday. He was suspended from the squad last week.

Relatives of Smith, meanwhile, reportedly declined to comment after the hearing.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/virginia-tech-linebacker-isimemen-etute-accused-of-fatally-beating-man/

Am I missing something? Did the guy who was murdered look like a biological woman? Is that photo of him pre-transition? Because there is no way that guy could have passed as female.

Catfishing suggests that he may have posted photos of a woman and pretended to be her. That is an idiotic thing to do, for sure...not sure it warrants getting beaten to death. The linebacker guy could have simply cussed him out and left.

Only really stupid people would meet up with someone under those circumstances. Didn't their mothers ever advice them to always meet people you don't know in a public setting?

Sad story. One guy is dead and another probably going to jail for a long long time all over a blowjob gone bad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2021, 08:37:25 PM »
Women are losing to a biological man.  This is madness.

Laurel Hubbard is the first transgender athlete to compete in Olympics
Hubbard lifted 628 pounds in two lifts to qualify in the women’s super-heavyweight division
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

A New Zealand weightlifter—who has competed in men’s events in the past-- will become the first transgender competitor to qualify to be on the country’s women’s weightlifting team for Tokyo 2020.

"I am grateful and humbled by the kindness and support that has been given to me by so many New Zealanders," Laurel Hubbard, 43, said in a statement, according to the BBC.

The report pointed out that in 2015, the International Olympic Committee changed its rules to allow transgender athletes to compete as long as their testosterone level is below a certain level and maintained for a year.  The determining criteria — a maximum reading of 10 nanomoles per liter of testosterone — is as least five times more than a biological woman.

Some critics insist that Hubbard, who transitioned eight years ago, will still have an unfair advantage when she competes in the women’s super heavyweight category in August.

The Guardian, citing IOC guidelines, reported that athletes who transition from male to female are allowed to compete in events without surgically removing their testes. The paper reported that some recent studies show power gained during male puberty can last.

Hubbard lifted 628 pounds in two lifts to qualify in the women’s super-heavyweight division. She won a silver medal at the 2017 World Championships and gold in the 2019 Pacific Games in Samoa. She competed at the 2018 Commonwealth Games but sustained a serious injury that set back her career.

New Zealand Olympic Committee chief executive Kereyn Smith said it’s clear Hubbard has met all the criteria to compete in Tokyo.

"We acknowledge that gender identity in sport is a highly sensitive and complex issue requiring a balance between human rights and fairness on the field of play," Smith said. "As the New Zealand Team, we have a strong culture of manaaki (hospitality) and inclusion and respect for all."

Belgium’s Anna Vanbellinghen, who will likely compete against Hubbard, said the New Zealander’s presence would be "like a bad joke" for women competitors.

"Life-changing opportunities are missed for some athletes — medals and Olympic qualifications — and we are powerless. Of course, this debate is taking place in a broader context of discrimination against transgender people and that is why the question is never free of ideology."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/laurel-hubbard-is-the-first-transgender-athlete-to-compete-in-olympics

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2021, 03:34:10 PM »
Transgender hurdler easily wins NCAA women's national championship
By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Monday, June 3, 2019

A hurdler who competed as a man last year won an NCAA championship in women’s hurdles over the weekend.

CeCe Telfer of Franklin Pierce University easily won the 400-meter hurdles at the NCAA Division II outdoor track-and-field championships Saturday, winning the final race by more than a second. Telfer also finished fifth in the 100-meter hurdles, earning All-America honors.

View image on Twitter

Franklin Pierce
@FPUniversity
 In just its 7th year of existence, the @FPURavensXCTF has its first national champion. Senior CeCe Telfer took control of the 400-meter hurdles on Sat. PM and went on to post victory w/ a personal best time of 57.53. Read more here; https://bit.ly/2wonpla

4:54 AM - May 26, 2019
902 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
SEE ALSO: Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

“It was tough conditions out here with the wind and the heat over the last three days, but as she has over the last six months, CeCe proved herself to be tough enough to handle it,” said Zach Emerson, head coach at the school in Rindge, New Hampshire. “Today was a microcosm of her entire season; she was not going to let anything slow her down. I’ve never met anybody as strong as her mentally in my entire life.”

According to Turtleboy Sports, Telfer was born Craig and competed in the men’s division as recently as January 2018.

SEE ALSO: Transgender wrestler wins second straight Texas girls’ high school title

In an analysis of Telfer’s performance in three conference-winning races earlier this season at the Northeast 10 conference championship, Turtleboy Sports reported that the three times — in the 60-meter dash, the 60-meter hurdles and the 200-meter dash — did not measure up to the male finalists, but won women’s races.

Most of the gaps were not small for races this short — Telfer would’ve trailed the last-placed male finalists by more than a half-second in the 60-meter dash and almost 1.7 seconds in the 200, but won the woman’s 60-meter hurdles by a half-second.

The hurdles are 6 inches shorter in the women’s contest than in the men’s race, and Telfer was a fully-grown male of 21 upon beginning gender transition.

Under NCAA bylaws, according to the Blaze, a biological male undergoing gender transition treatments can compete in the women’s division after one year.

“it is important not to overgeneralize” about transgender women having unfair physical advantage from a lifetime of a man’s body, the NCAA says in a guidance document on transgender athletes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/3/cece-telfer-franklin-pierce-transgender-hurdler-wi/?fbclid=IwAR1QUSiH4b6ZAhEEx6m1o2SPk3117NXtJU0bssgNPBxJQKuTit_AEPX1jmA

Cece Telfer, champion transgender hurdler, ruled ineligible for US Olympic trials
Telfer's manager said his client would accept the ruling
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Cece Telfer, a transgender woman who won an NCAA Division II championship in 2019, was ruled ineligible Wednesday to compete in the U.S. Olympic trials.

USA Track and Field (USATF) said in a statement Telfer failed to meet the World Athletic requirements to be eligible for trials. She had initially been on the list for Friday’s opening heats but an updated list Wednesday did not include her name.

World Athletics’ guidelines, released in 2019, stated that female athletes’ testosterone levels were at 5 nanomoles per liter or more were barred from events between distances of 400 meters and a mile. Telfer was readying to compete in the women’s 400-meter hurdles at Olympic trials.

USATF said it "strongly supports inclusivity and providing a clear path to participation in the sport for all, while also maintaining competitive fairness."

"If CeCe meets the conditions for transgender athlete participation in the future, we wholeheartedly back her participation in international events as a member of Team USATF."

USATF said it was notified last week Telfer did not meet the conditions.

David McFarland, Telfer’s manager, told the Associated Press his client would respect the decision of the USATF and World Athletics.

"CeCe has turned her focus towards the future and is continuing to train," he said. "She will compete on the national -- and world -- stage again soon."

According to World Athletics’ rules, an athlete must stay below the threshold for 12 months. The organization said transgender female athletes can lower their testosterone level using an oral contraceptive pill, hormone therapy pills or having surgery to remove their testicles.

Telfer won an NCAA title in 2019 as a member of the Franklin Pierce University. She had previously competed for the men’s team, took time off, then competed for the women’s team.

"I love what I'm doing and I'm getting to live my truth and live my authentic life. I believe that this is my way of being the change that I want to see in the world. And I live by that every single day," she said in a blog post for Women’s Health last week.

Telfer told OutSports in 2019 she had no extra benefit in her races by being transgender. She said her height and the distance between hurdles were part of the disadvantages she faced. She said hormone suppression isn’t helping her either.

"So it’s crazy! I’m the crazy one, to be the weakest female, the weakest link in the chain, to be competing against the top ones. I should be fingered as the stupid one, for wanting to do that in the first place," she added.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cece-telfer-transgender-hurdler-ineligible-us-olympic-trials

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »
This is so messed up for real women.  I can see the USA doing it but not the whole World.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »
This is so messed up for real women.  I can see the USA doing it but not the whole World.

It really is an assault on women. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »
It really is an assault on women.
Of course it is.  What happen to their push for women rights

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2021, 12:02:54 PM »
Check out the video in the link.  So a man who identifies as a woman can walk around a woman's locker room with his junk hanging out, around underage girls.  Twisted. 

Woman Outraged At Spa For Letting Trans In Women's Room: Are You OK With A Man Showing His Penis Around Girls?
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date June 28, 2021
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/06/28/woman_outraged_at_spa_for_letting_trans_in_womens_room_are_you_ok_with_a_man_showing_his_penis_around_girls.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2021, 12:08:29 PM »

This is part of the attack against the family unit by the far left.

In communism the govt replaces religion and family, an obvious desire of the current dem party.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »

This is part of the attack against the family unit by the far left.

In communism the govt replaces religion and family, an obvious desire of the current dem party.

Yep.  BLM apparently changed its website, but they attacked the traditional family.  This is also part of the liberal war on women. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »
Illinois legislature passes law requiring feminine hygiene products in boys' bathrooms
Legislation sponsors urge change to support transgender students.
By The Center Square Staff
By Kevin Bessler
Updated: June 30, 2021

A bill awaiting the Illinois governor’s signature would require schools to provide free menstruation products in both girls' and boys' bathrooms for grades 4 through 12.

Currently, Illinois requires tampons to be provided to students who need them, but the supplies are kept in the nurse’s office.

State Rep. Kathleen Willis, D-Addison, a co-sponsor of the proposal, said products such as tampons and sanitary napkins are needed in both girls’ and boys’ bathrooms in order to address the health needs of transgender students.

“If you are biologically a female, but identifying as a male, you’re going to menstruate and you’re going to need these products,” Willis said during floor debate.

Bill co-sponsor, state Sen. Karina Villa, D-West Chicago, said the measure was an effort to end period poverty.

During a debate in the Senate, state Sen. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, asked Villa why feminine hygiene products needed to be provided in boys’ bathrooms. Villa responded, “in case of an emergency.”

”I’m telling you there is no logic here,” Tracy said. “For an emergency is not a good answer. We've got to quit playing these stupid silly games here and get real and get fiscally responsible.”

State Rep. Avery Bourne, R-Morrisonville, voiced concerns over mandating schools to place these materials in all boys’ bathrooms, which would open the door for immature students to play with the costly resources.

“When you give a grade school boy something that’s adhesive, they’re going to put it in places,” Bourne said. “These products are not inexpensive and they are going to be misused if they are placed in elementary school boys' bathrooms.”

Illinois is one of more than a dozen states considering bills to require schools to provide free feminine hygiene products, although few have included boys’ restrooms.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/bill-put-feminine-hygiene-products-boys-bathrooms-goes-governor