Author Topic: Any of you bros like the outdoors?  (Read 4383 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Any of you bros like the outdoors?
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »

I get stoked when warmer weather hits.

What do you guys do in Spring/Summer?  kayak, hiking, drinking, basement dweller?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Any of you bros like the outdoors?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:04:14 PM »
I might try getting a bicycle for cardio.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »
I might try getting a bicycle for cardio.

I rode a bike in Mexico for about 10 miles.  Ass numb and sore.  Never again man, that was pure hell.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
In the summer and fall I hike up in the Pocono's. Try and stay a couple weekends out there as well as a city slicker in the lodges. During the rest of year I stick to the local state parks and just stay there and cycle a lot on the paths. This fall coming up I might try and get into trail running to break it up a little.

$

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »
I was way down there. My wife zoomed in though so you can't see how far. She sent this photo to my Mom saying I fell and was in the hospital. My Mom almost had a heart attack.
$

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
I get stoked when warmer weather hits.

What do you guys do in Spring/Summer?  kayak, hiking, drinking, basement dweller?

George Winter?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »
George Winter?

Yes it is.  lol.

It is flooded pretty good right now.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
Yes it is.  lol.

It is flooded pretty good right now.
yep, snow tonight.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 10:07:29 PM »
nice gyno bsb

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:52 AM »
nice gyno bsb

30lbs heavier there, oi oi
$

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 04:42:59 AM »
I like to drink my beer on the deck and grill outdoors when the weather is nice.

SweatingCheese

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:42:43 AM »
Me and a few friends manage to get a few spring / summer hiking & camping trips in.  We usually head up to the Catskills and stay 2 - 3 nights per trip.  Hike in is about 8 miles on average. 

Before I started hiking and camping my friends did some long ass trip with canoeing and all.  I hope we can get something like that put together sometime soon.  This year we are thinking of doing some kind of "survivorman" trip - maybe we'll put a weight limit on packs to curtail non-essentials.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 09:16:07 AM »
Me and a few friends manage to get a few spring / summer hiking & camping trips in.  We usually head up to the Catskills and stay 2 - 3 nights per trip.  Hike in is about 8 miles on average. 

Before I started hiking and camping my friends did some long ass trip with canoeing and all.  I hope we can get something like that put together sometime soon.  This year we are thinking of doing some kind of "survivorman" trip - maybe we'll put a weight limit on packs to curtail non-essentials.

Hey SC,welcome to the the Y board.could you kindly put up a pic in the thread for pics.we like to know who we are talking too down here :)
I deleted one of your posts without giving you the benefit of the doubt and I apologize{sometimes this board is gimmick central}

I get out on the weekends when it gets warm.softball,golf,hiking,beer pong.

SweatingCheese

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »
Pic is posted - my apologies for the small size. I'm still getting the hang of posting pics at this point. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »

Where in the Catskills? last time I camped {years ago} we went to White Mountain NH.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:53:26 AM »
Got a camping trip coming up in a few weeks with friends, try to get out a few times a year. Usually someone comes through with the shrooms and we have a good time!Regardless though I try to get outdoors a few days a week (got a woods and river nearby) with my dog cause he loves runnning around the woods exploring for other animals. The river and nearby creeks are also good for kayaking but I have never done anything to challenging like white water kayaking. Live in PA so there is lots of parks to visit, the pics BSB put up looked like places I may have been, I live near so we probably go to the same places. Favorite thing to do outdoors though is trips to my families cabin in Sullivan county, mad four wheelin and good times.
I

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 08:29:48 AM »
Live in PA so there is lots of parks to visit, the pics BSB put up looked like places I may have been, I live near so we probably go to the same places. Favorite thing to do outdoors though is trips to my families cabin in Sullivan county, mad four wheelin and good times.

1st is bushkill falls
2nd is skytop lodge

I'm all over the place though. The lehigh valley trail up in jim thorpe is a favorite.
$

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
1st is bushkill falls
2nd is skytop lodge

I'm all over the place though. The lehigh valley trail up in jim thorpe is a favorite.

The first one was very recognizable but couldn't think of the name, have def been there a few times though. Don't think I have ever been at skytop lodge.

I agree the area around Jim Thorpe is awesome, lived at Hickory Run state park for 6 months back in highschool and loved it there. Rickets Glen is great and Worlds End is also good if you like being around water. Awesome place for a view though is the Pinnacle on the Appalachian trail, camped for 3 days/2nights there last fall.
I

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 08:52:04 AM »

The first one was very recognizable but couldn't think of the name, have def been there a few times though. Don't think I have ever been at skytop lodge.

I agree the area around Jim Thorpe is awesome, lived at Hickory Run state park for 6 months back in highschool and loved it there. Rickets Glen is great and Worlds End is also good if you like being around water. Awesome place for a view though is the Pinnacle on the Appalachian trail, camped for 3 days/2nights there last fall.

skytop's grounds are insane. However the lodge itself is really really expensive. It's all inclusive so in that regard it's nice.

I've been to Rickett's Glen, really cool. I also went to Hawk Mountain last summer.
$

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »

skytop's grounds are insane. However the lodge itself is really really expensive. It's all inclusive so in that regard it's nice.

I've been to Rickett's Glen, really cool. I also went to Hawk Mountain last summer.

Yeah i am not really into places where you rent a place to stay, would rather live out of a tent and at most pay to rent a spot to do so. Otherwise I would rather go to cabin. I like camping for the "it's cheap" aspect, otherwise I would spend money to do more out of state travelling to camp the old school way.

Hawk mountain is awesome, been goin there since I was a kid. The pinnacle on the Appalachian trail is near Hawk mountain and if you think the views at hawk mountain are awesome you got to see the Pinnacle. It's quite a hike though with lots of up hill until you get on top of the ridge, then you gotta hike awhile just to reach the end of the ridge where the view is. Not sure where we are goin for our trip in a few weeks, still debating.
I

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:47 AM »
Yeah, skytop was a weekend getaway thing, fucking like 1,500$ or 1,700 for 2 nights. My wife isn't all about the great outdoors. Makes it tricky to get away. My mother and step father though cycle avidly so they are all over the place and tell me about spots.
$

SweatingCheese

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »

Where in the Catskills? last time I camped {years ago} we went to White Mountain NH.

NY. I believe it's Ulster County.  Last year we did a few trips close to Echo Lake.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »
I'm gonna walk the golf course alot more.my course has new carts that hold 4 bags.so now me and my old man can walk without carrying our clubs.the other 2 guys we play with always wanna ride so it's perfect.