Author Topic: carbs  (Read 22083 times)

allnatural

• Getbig II
carbs
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »
I work out pretty late and after gym I have my last meal at 10pm. I consume carbs through out the day with my protein and fats.

But now especially during summer I have been limiting my carbs after gym. Basically bunch of eggs. Maybe sometimes I would throw in the banana.

So should I consume carbs that late during summer time? Winter is different story.

P.S. I have been using waxy maize in spring.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: carbs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:03:05 AM »
shouldn't be an issue unless your trying to get lean (5-6% bf)for a show.And with the other stuff your taking I'd be eating as much as possible clean calories of course.
DAWG

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »
Thanks big L!!! If I eat clean carbs late at night for long time I just tend to get little bloated in my mid section.

And why the hell I make this thread in Natural Building section??? I think my screen name got to me, lol.

Someone please move this to nutrition section. Thanks.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »
Neglecting carbs after a weightraining workout is a big mistake no matter how late at night it is. Yes, usually it is a good idea to limit or eliminate your carbs late at night, but not if you have just worked out. To get the best of both worlds, try working out earlier in the day.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »
^I can't workout earlier in a say it's just not possible. For those who workout late, what kind of a carb do you have?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »
^I can't workout earlier in a say it's just not possible. For those who workout late, what kind of a carb do you have?

I usually eat a couple cheeseburgers or a sub...but thats just me.So I guess bread would be my carbs.
DAWG

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:06 AM »
^I wish man. I would be bloated the next morning. That would be my meal during winter, lol. But I guess I will have to try it out what's good for me.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

Doesn't matter when you're consuming your carbs, if you work out late have your post work out meal late regardless of what it is.

There are times I train late and I don't change anything.

Take care!

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »
Doesn't matter when you're consuming your carbs, if you work out late have your post work out meal late regardless of what it is.

There are times I train late and I don't change anything.

Take care!

Thanks man!!!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »
Neglecting carbs after a weightraining workout is a big mistake no matter how late at night it is. Yes, usually it is a good idea to limit or eliminate your carbs late at night, but not if you have just worked out. To get the best of both worlds, try working out earlier in the day.

+1

the reason why it is a good idea to limit carbs at night is because you are less active then. If you workout late then obviously you are not.
tank u jesus

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:45 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »
i have to eat carbs late or i'm starving in middle of night.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »
i have to eat carbs late or i'm starving in middle of night.

It's just the opposite for me.  I'm starving in the middle of the night if I eat (bad) carbs later in the evening.

http://nutnewstoday.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-evidence-eating-late-at-night-adds.html

Late-night snackers are more likely to gain weight, research suggests.

A team from Northwestern University, Illinois, found that when you eat, not just how you eat, could make a big difference.

Scientists found that when mice ate at unusual hours, they put on twice as much weight, despite exercising and eating as much as others.

The study, in the journal Obesity, is said to be the first to show directly that there is a "wrong" time to eat.

Recent studies have suggested that circadian rhythms, the body's internal clock, have a role in how our bodies use up energy. However, this had been difficult to definitively pin down.

Deanna Arble, lead author of the study, said: "One of our research interests is shift workers, who tend to be overweight. Source.
:

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »
Thanks man!!!

I'm in the same boat as you.  I also train late.  What I do is carb cylcle through the week when I'm focusing on getting lean.  I'll have 4 low carb days, and post workout i'll have a shake with a few spoonfuls of applesauce just to get the simple carbs, but not enough to store overnite.  I think have 3 scrambled eggs before bed an hour later.  Then when the weekend comes I carb load Friday Evening, then Saturday and Sunday, and taper down Sunday evening.  I have been able to get down to 6% BF doing this while keeping the size.  Strength and energy will be down a abit on Thursday/Fridays but when you load back up look out cuz you'll be full and strong in the gym with sick pumps.  I have found this to be the most successful way of getting and staying lean without losing muscle over 10 years of training and trying different ways.  Give it a go.

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 07:51:32 AM »
Actually here are my late PWO carbs:

1 tablespoon of honey
12oz of skim milk
cup of white rice or cherios or banana

I think that's plenty for me and it's been working for me.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:16 PM »
I usually eat a couple cheeseburgers or a sub...but thats just me.So I guess bread would be my carbs.
Sounds like my kind of meal!