Author Topic: Now this is a complete joke.....  (Read 2780 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Now this is a complete joke.....
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »
According to an article by The Courier Journal out of Louisville, Kentucky, a man, age 18, is suing World Wrestling Entertainment, Triple H and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson for an injury he allegedly suffered in 2000. The man was age 7 at the time, and the incident allegedly happened at the 2000 Judgment Day PPV, headlined by HHH vs. The Rock in an Iron Man match.

The article states that when HHH and Rock brawled into a crowd, the crowd caused a chain reaction that ended with a woman falling atop of the then-seven year old. This allegedly caused knee and leg injuries. The plaintiff, named Basham in the article, recently had to have surgery on the knee. His attorney is claiming that there is no statue of limitations for filing the lawsuit since Basham was a minor when he was allegedly injured. The lawsuit accused WWE of failing to properly stage the match and provide adequate security for its customers. HHH and Johnson are named in the suit and accused of “reckless, willful and wanton conduct.”

The suit was filed on Monday, and WWE has so far declined to respond to media requests on the lawsuit. They wait 11 years to say something....ha! Can anyone say, "cash grab!".

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Now this is a complete joke.....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:51:39 AM »
If they do get anything from this, it shouldn't be much.
I'm glad to see that frivolous lawsuits are not “as” out of control as they used to be in the states.
They still happen, but I think people woke up with the absurdity of that stupid bitch who sued McDonalds after spilling hot coffee on herself.

Too bad she didn’t slit her wrist with a plastic knife.
She no doubt would have been too dumb to bandage it, bled to death, be prevented from procreating, and make a small contribution to the world’s overpopulation problem.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
If they do get anything from this, it shouldn't be much.
I'm glad to see that frivolous lawsuits are not “as” out of control as they used to be in the states.
They still happen, but I think people woke up with the absurdity of that stupid bitch who sued McDonalds after spilling hot coffee on herself.

Too bad she didn’t slit her wrist with a plastic knife.
She no doubt would have been too dumb to bandage it, bled to death, be prevented from procreating, and make a small contribution to the world’s overpopulation problem.

Wanna laugh? Back in 2001 I barely tapped a chick in a Pontiac Sunfire while driving on the hwy. Its was slow with stop & go traffic but she slammed her break for NO REASON and a had no prayer in the world to stop in time. Anyhow, long story short, we swapped plate numbers, insurance, etc. She was clueless as to what to do but I was being honest and trying to calm her down a bit as it was her first accident (although very minor) and she was nervous. No one was hurt or injured. No cop was called as we settled it ourselves. Minimal damage, insurance covered it all. I reported it to a colision center right away and told them the whole story. I even made a courtousy call to her place of work to make sure she was ok. 4 years goes by....I get an envolope in the mail from this bimbo's lawyer with her claiming neck inuries, documentation and she was trying to sue me for 300,000. I called my insurance as I was nervous and angry as you can imagine and they told me not to worry that they get bogus lawsuits ALL the time. They put an investigator and watched this idiot for 6 months and saw her walking, running with her dog, etc. Case was DROPPED like a hot rock. Moral of the story, PEOPLE ARE F****D!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:43:36 AM »
Wanna laugh? Back in 2001 I barely tapped a chick in a Pontiac Sunfire while driving on the hwy. Its was slow with stop & go traffic but she slammed her break for NO REASON and a had no prayer in the world to stop in time. Anyhow, long story short, we swapped plate numbers, insurance, etc. She was clueless as to what to do but I was being honest and trying to calm her down a bit as it was her first accident (although very minor) and she was nervous. No one was hurt or injured. No cop was called as we settled it ourselves. Minimal damage, insurance covered it all. I reported it to a colision center right away and told them the whole story. I even made a courtousy call to her place of work to make sure she was ok. 4 years goes by....I get an envolope in the mail from this bimbo's lawyer with her claiming neck inuries, documentation and she was trying to sue me for 300,000. I called my insurance as I was nervous and angry as you can imagine and they told me not to worry that they get bogus lawsuits ALL the time. They put an investigator and watched this idiot for 6 months and saw her walking, running with her dog, etc. Case was DROPPED like a hot rock. Moral of the story, PEOPLE ARE F****D!

Wow.  So glad to hear that the scumbag didn't collect anything.  i remember in a couple of law classes i had, we studied some awful cases of fraud and abuse.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:08 AM »
F'n lawyers...

F'n women...

:D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:47:26 AM »
Wow.  So glad to hear that the scumbag didn't collect anything.  i remember in a couple of law classes i had, we studied some awful cases of fraud and abuse.

They told us of a case in which a pregnant woman tried suing an imaging clinic and its technician after an ultrasound revealed she was having a boy.
She wanted a girl.

Can't believe it never went to trial.

Stupid, opportunistic kunt!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »

They told us of a case in which a pregnant woman tried suing an imaging clinic and its technician after an ultrasound revealed she was having a boy.
She wanted a girl.

Can't believe it never went to trial.

Stupid, opportunistic kunt!

haha, wow !!!!  She might wanna take that one up with God....lol

i remember one that ticked me off was a group of teens were on top of bldg and climbing across a skylight and fell thru.  Broke some bones, but nothing real serious.  They sued and actually freakin' won....very sad.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
F'n lawyers...

F'n women...

:D
The latter my friend.  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
haha. I'm suprised this queef didn't claim pain and suffering when HHH did that water spit thing and he got misted.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »
haha. I'm suprised this queef didn't claim pain and suffering when HHH did that water spit thing and he got misted.
The laws are F****D up period. I don't know about the US but in Canada, if a burgler breaks into your home and you beat the shit outta him, he can sue you. That is MESSED. No wonder why people take the law into their own hands. There's a lot of holes in northern Ontario, and its in those holes where a lot of Toronto's problems are solved.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 06:52:35 AM »
... its in those holes where a lot of Toronto's problems are solved.

I predict this will become a growing trend.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 07:14:08 AM »

I predict this will become a growing trend.
No doubt. The law won't do anything to stop it. Its insanity.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
Here in the States, more & more people are getting fed up - I've witnessed this firsthand with my own eyes and ears.
My Uncle is a right-wing conspiracy nut and often talks about the day "we take our guns to the streets," or "grab our guns and march to Washington."

Maybe he's right!
 ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:52:53 PM »
what a skidmark...

http://www.wave3.com/story/13806757/...-biggest-stars
By Connie Leonard - bio | email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - It's a story being talked about around the country - two of the biggest names from World Wrestling Entertainment are being sued by a Kentuckiana teenager. For the first time, that teen is talking to WAVE 3 News about what he claims happened to him at a WWE event more than a decade ago here in Louisville.

Ronnie Basham is now a senior at Clarksville High School, but 11 years ago, he was just 7 years old when his parents granted his wish to go to Freedom Hall to see his favorite wrestlers battle it out. Now, they wish they had just watched it on pay-per-view.

It was May 2000 and one of pro wrestling's biggest events had come to Freedom Hall: "Judgment Day."

"It was supposed to be a special match between two of the top wrestling stars," said Basham's Attorney Harris Berman.

Paul Levesque, better known as "Triple H", vs. Dwayne Johnson, that's "The Rock", Ronnie's idol at the time.

"I was very, very excited," Basham remembered, "I begged my mom to get tickets."

Ronnie's parents got great seats just a few rows back from the wrestling stage. But the fun came to a halt when the match left the ring. The wrestlers went over a crowd barrier and people started pushing back.

"After The Rock got into it with one of the spectators, bodies were just coming towards me," Basham told WAVE.

Ronnie's mom, Lisa Lanham, says someone shoved a woman on top of her young son who was standing on a chair.

"I was trying to stay calm myself for him, but I just couldn't believe it happened," she told us.

Berman continued with what the family says happened next.

"He (Basham) fell down and his legs were caught between the two chairs and the lady then fell on him and crushed his right knee," Berman said. "It really resulted as an assault on a 7-year-old kid."

Mother and son say the injury only got worse. They claim as the years went by the boy played baseball and football, but couldn't compete with his teammates.

They tell us medical bills piled on for treatments and surgeries. Berman, who says he has  represented the family ever since the injury, said they had no plans to sue until the WWE refused to pay for anything, including the boy's ride in the ambulance to the hospital.

We asked Basham if he thought suing the WWE was the right thing to do.

"Yeah for the pain and taking away a kid's childhood, because that's the best part of anyone's life is their childhood," he said.

The entertainment website TMZ has photos of Ronnie Basham in a stock car and a recent article questioned if it's possible that's how he was injured. His attorney tells us, there's no proof of that.

Although the alleged injury happened a decade ago, the Statute of Limitations in Kentucky extends for minors to age 18. The suit seeks compensation and a jury trial. But a lawsuit is only one side of the story.

A WWE spokeswoman tells WAVE 3 News of the suit, "We take all these matters very seriously, but cannot comment on pending litigation."

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 06:43:02 PM »
what a skidmark...

http://www.wave3.com/story/13806757/...-biggest-stars
By Connie Leonard - bio | email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - It's a story being talked about around the country - two of the biggest names from World Wrestling Entertainment are being sued by a Kentuckiana teenager. For the first time, that teen is talking to WAVE 3 News about what he claims happened to him at a WWE event more than a decade ago here in Louisville.

Ronnie Basham is now a senior at Clarksville High School, but 11 years ago, he was just 7 years old when his parents granted his wish to go to Freedom Hall to see his favorite wrestlers battle it out. Now, they wish they had just watched it on pay-per-view.

It was May 2000 and one of pro wrestling's biggest events had come to Freedom Hall: "Judgment Day."

"It was supposed to be a special match between two of the top wrestling stars," said Basham's Attorney Harris Berman.

Paul Levesque, better known as "Triple H", vs. Dwayne Johnson, that's "The Rock", Ronnie's idol at the time.

"I was very, very excited," Basham remembered, "I begged my mom to get tickets."

Ronnie's parents got great seats just a few rows back from the wrestling stage. But the fun came to a halt when the match left the ring. The wrestlers went over a crowd barrier and people started pushing back.

"After The Rock got into it with one of the spectators, bodies were just coming towards me," Basham told WAVE.

Ronnie's mom, Lisa Lanham, says someone shoved a woman on top of her young son who was standing on a chair.

"I was trying to stay calm myself for him, but I just couldn't believe it happened," she told us.

Berman continued with what the family says happened next.

"He (Basham) fell down and his legs were caught between the two chairs and the lady then fell on him and crushed his right knee," Berman said. "It really resulted as an assault on a 7-year-old kid."

Mother and son say the injury only got worse. They claim as the years went by the boy played baseball and football, but couldn't compete with his teammates.

They tell us medical bills piled on for treatments and surgeries. Berman, who says he has  represented the family ever since the injury, said they had no plans to sue until the WWE refused to pay for anything, including the boy's ride in the ambulance to the hospital.

We asked Basham if he thought suing the WWE was the right thing to do.

"Yeah for the pain and taking away a kid's childhood, because that's the best part of anyone's life is their childhood," he said.

The entertainment website TMZ has photos of Ronnie Basham in a stock car and a recent article questioned if it's possible that's how he was injured. His attorney tells us, there's no proof of that.

Although the alleged injury happened a decade ago, the Statute of Limitations in Kentucky extends for minors to age 18. The suit seeks compensation and a jury trial. But a lawsuit is only one side of the story.

A WWE spokeswoman tells WAVE 3 News of the suit, "We take all these matters very seriously, but cannot comment on pending litigation."

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved

I guess they turned down the kid's college scholarship applications.