Author Topic: horrible upper back pain  (Read 17509 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
horrible upper back pain
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
I was doing burpees last Friday, and I was really worn out.  I came down hard on the pushup part and felt a click on the upper side of my shoulder blade towards the middle of my back.  It was horrible when I woke up Saturday, but got better through the day. 

That night I felt okay, and did squats.  It hurt after that a little bit, I moved onto barbell lunges and after that it was absulutly killing me.  I had to stop before finishing my workout and walked out to the car with my neck tilted sideways and leaning.  I couldn't steer the car very well.

It's better today than it was at its worst, but still hurts bad when I move a certain way like sitting down.  I can't really do anything today because of it.  Like a jolting kind of pain.  Killed me every time I rolled over last night.  Hurts like hell to sneeze.

Any suggestions?  Info?  Thank you!!!  8) :o

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: horrible upper back pain
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:05 AM »
I was doing burpees last Friday, and I was really worn out.  I came down hard on the pushup part and felt a click on the upper side of my shoulder blade towards the middle of my back.  It was horrible when I woke up Saturday, but got better through the day. 

That night I felt okay, and did squats.  It hurt after that a little bit, I moved onto barbell lunges and after that it was absulutly killing me.  I had to stop before finishing my workout and walked out to the car with my neck tilted sideways and leaning.  I couldn't steer the car very well.

It's better today than it was at its worst, but still hurts bad when I move a certain way like sitting down.  I can't really do anything today because of it.  Like a jolting kind of pain.  Killed me every time I rolled over last night.  Hurts like hell to sneeze.

Any suggestions?  Info?  Thank you!!!  8) :o

Roger,
Were you able to get an answer or solution to your question? If so, can you please share it with me?
Looks like I'm in the same boat. It looks like the same muscle, but on the opposite side.
I don't know how I sprained it. Every time I turn my neck to the right, there's that jolting pain that I can feel down the entire length of the muscle, ...and sometimes when I try to lift my gym bag over my left shoulder. In the past, I've always been able to gently stretch out the muscle, but this time, it's impossible. I have to turn my neck to the right in order to stretch it out, and that triggers the jolting pain. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:27:28 AM »
Getbig please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine killed, the worst part was trying to sit down or get up from a chair. I almost couldn't get out of bed. I had to role to the edge and completely use my legs.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »
Getbig please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine killed, the worst part was trying to sit down or get up from a chair. I almost couldn't get out of bed. I had to role to the edge and completely use my legs.

It seems like EVERYTHING is a chore... getting out of bed, tying my hair back into a ponytail, typing on a keyboard... I've even started changing channels on the remote control using my left hand, 'causing lifting my right arm even just a little hurts way too much.
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
It seems like EVERYTHING is a chore... getting out of bed, tying my hair back into a ponytail, typing on a keyboard... I've even started changing channels on the remote control using my left hand, 'causing lifting my right arm even just a little hurts way too much.

You must have the exact same injury I had!!! Getbig has really failed us here, lol

Thought one of these experts would know what's going on.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
You must have the exact same injury I had!!! Getbig has really failed us here, lol

Yep, ...the only helpful suggestions have come from my colleagues in Karatbars.
At this point, I'm so desperate, I might even try it out and see what happens.  ;D
w

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
pursuing elite fitness huh ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:35 PM »

Over 800 views and not one person knows what's going on? ::)
The next time I have an injury related question,
...you know who I'm going to ask? Yep... The Magic 8 Ball!!!

w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 12:48:32 AM »
Over 800 views and not one person knows what's going on? ::)
The next time I have an injury related question,
...you know who I'm going to ask? Yep... The Magic 8 Ball!!!

lol

I've lost faith in getbig  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
lol

I've lost faith in getbig  ;D

I think they just like to see me suffer.   :'(
w

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
The vast majority of cases of upper back pain are due to one (or both) of the following causes:Muscular irritation or joint dysfunction
For a quick relief I would try ibuprofen 600   3 to four times a day or a muscle relaxant.
It could be treated with massage therapy, acupuncture, trigger point injections or osteopathic manipulation.
Thats not much and maybe you already know that by yourself, just trying to give some suggestions.

Here is a video for upper back pain relief : http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/upper-back-pain-relief.html

I hope you soon feel better and find the right answer to solve your problem.