Author Topic: Angel ***UPDATES***  (Read 36748 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Angel
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 01:52:21 AM »
Tricky situation  :(

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 01:57:35 AM »
PL, over here a pet can be removed from its owners care if its health is in danger. Is there a similar provision where you live?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
PL, over here a pet can be removed from its owners care if its health is in danger. Is there a similar provision where you live?

I don't think so.  The people who found/adopted her are caring for her as lovingly as possible.  

I took a winter coat over to them for her yesterday and again, I really don't see much improvement.  She was able to stand and hold her head up a bit.  They say she has a great appetite.  The vet was over there about 2 weeks ago and de-wormed her again (she had 8 roundworms), so maybe that is part of the reason she hasn't put on any weight.  He also said she seems to have some sort of neurological problem, which I've suspected all along.  They had taken her over to the humane society to see if she was chipped, but she's not.  They (the HS) offered to take her in (meaning they'd have to surrender her) and then they would take her to emergency and run all sorts of diagnostics, saving them $$, and then they could take her back as a "foster", BUT that meant if the emergency vets thought she should be put down, they would with no say-so.  They opted to take her back home and continue to nurse her.  Maybe without the worms, things will improve.
:-\
:

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »
Eight worms, the poor thing :(
She must have been without home for some time...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Angel - Updates
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
I was over there on 11/25.  I was absolutely horrified.  Poor Angel seemed to be in pain and was showing no improvement ~ actually she seemed worse.  she had not put on an ounce of weight in spite of eating normally, according to them.  I begged them to do the right thing.  The man (M) refused to see she was in pain and the woman (F) was starting to see the truth, but couldn't convince him.  He was bound and determined to  nurse her.  :-[

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 10:44:24 AM »
Sometime between 11/29-12/6 the vet was over and gave her a low dose steroid shot ~ basically a shot in the dark.  When I went over there on 12/9 to drop off a sweater, I saw a completely different dog.  She was acting somewhat like a normal dog ~ alert, scratching herself, barking, moving around...  They said within a few hours of the shot they noticed improvement.  She put on 3 pounds (water weight?).

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »
12/23 ~ Continued improvement.  A bit of a "nervous-nelly" but follows (M) around like another appendage.  She's learning to navigate herself around the house and avoid getting smacked in the face by one of the 3 big lab tails.  No official weight, but appears to be at an ideal poundage (~18#/20#~ ?).  They've realized she's not housebroken.  Probably from a puppy mill  :'(

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »
Jan 10th ~  Ok, now she's getting a little pudgy ;D.  Totally a different dog.  Beagle barking watch dog!  Very food motivated.  Constantly on the prowl.  Still getting whacked in the face by tails, but hopefully that's only happening when there are guests  :) Still working on housebreaking.

MIRACLE DOG!!!

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Angel ***UPDATES***
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »
:

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
Great story.

A year ago, had an Australian shepherd peek in the front window at New Years night. She's and older dog about 11+ years of age. She was pretty over weight so I figured she was well loved and missing from her home. After weeks of putting up fliers and contacting every shelter, vet, groomer, etc I could think of,it seems like a clear case of abandonment. Maybe the owner died and In laws let her free?  Who knows. Long story short, she got amazingly well in minutes with my dogs. After a couple months of searching for the owners we said screw it and are keeping her. We put her on a diet and in about a years time she lost 30 pounds. Yes, she was built like a keg - lol.
She changed a lot of things here in the house and tries to bring order. She's had her work cut out for her but she's such a neat dog. She can keep 3 Rottweilers in line no problem. She follows me all over the yard and is like a shadow.

emerald37

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:22 PM »

He looks so healthy now, what an improvement!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
awesome, she looks happy and 100 times better!!!

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
Wow.  Great recovery!  I'm glad she finally responded.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 02:11:53 AM »
Heart warming to see Angel improve so much!  :)

About macaroni for dogs... I overheard some dog owners the other day claiming that the vet told them to give the dog plain macaroni and bread to ease her upset stomach.  ??? (I am not a dog owner)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
Heart warming to see Angel improve so much!  :)

About macaroni for dogs... I overheard some dog owners the other day claiming that the vet told them to give the dog plain macaroni and bread to ease her upset stomach.  ??? (I am not a dog owner)

More unhealthy for a dog than it is for a human IMO.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 09:22:14 AM »
Angel is doing great!  She acts like a normal beagle and you'd never know anything was ever wrong with her.  She's pretty clingy to her owner and extremely cautious of strangers.
:

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2015, 04:46:14 AM »
Glad to see this little rat pulled through :)