Author Topic: Are the Dudley Boyz leaving WWE?  (Read 4989 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Are the Dudley Boyz leaving WWE?
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »
Last week, they lost to Sin Cara and Neville (who just got back from an injury).

Now they lost to New Day (without Big E) in about a minute and a half.

It sounds like the old "Time Honored Tradition", coming to bear.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Are the Dudley Boyz leaving WWE?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »
I would imagine they would take a backstage role of some sort. They've both had great careers and were successful.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »
I would imagine they would take a backstage role of some sort. They've both had great careers and were successful.

That would make sense. But, the way they're jobbing is ridiculous.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:49:53 AM »
I believe I saw an interview not long ago in which they discussed this kind of role upon returning - to basically mentor and help get over the younger guys now that their big run is done.

A backstage role seems very plausible. Plus, they've got the wrestling school now. Maintaining good ties with the Fed, plus their past relationship with TNA means they're connected.
THAT is a major selling point to prospective students.

It's one reason Lance Storm's school is so popular.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »
That would make sense. But, the way they're jobbing is ridiculous.
That's typical in the wrestling business when wrestlers pass their prime. Vince especially in WWE is notorious for that.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:19 PM »
They supposedly just signed for another year but yes to be the most decorated tag team of all time, to be losing in squash matches....

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
They supposedly just signed for another year but yes to be the most decorated tag team of all time, to be losing in squash matches....

Yes, I heard they recently signed a new contract. They are in WWE to get the younger tag teams over.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »
I believe I saw an interview not long ago in which they discussed this kind of role upon returning - to basically mentor and help get over the younger guys now that their big run is done.

A backstage role seems very plausible. Plus, they've got the wrestling school now. Maintaining good ties with the Fed, plus their past relationship with TNA means they're connected.

Yes, I heard they recently signed a new contract. They are in WWE to get the younger tag teams over.

They already got New Day over last year, 10 times over. I thought they were building up the tag team title match at SummerSlam with the angle of whether New Day could keep the titles with Big E on the shelf. But, the way Kingston and Woods knocked off the Dudleys....the Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz would have put up a better fight than that.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 04:38:33 AM »

Have you seen the "school"?  They weren't running anything there last I checked.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Have you seen the "school"?  They weren't running anything there last I checked.

No, I have not.

I honestly thought I recalled them talking about it, unless it was simply "plans" to open one in the future.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »

No, I have not.

I honestly thought I recalled them talking about it, unless it was simply "plans" to open one in the future.

They have/had a school in Orlando, it was a warehouse building behind some little shops (like a satellite installation or something) if I remember correctly. At the time they were in TNA and didn't really come around to much.  An older guy ran it for them....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
They have/had a school in Orlando, it was a warehouse building behind some little shops (like a satellite installation or something) if I remember correctly. At the time they were in TNA and didn't really come around to much.  An older guy ran it for them....

That is usually the case.

When I was searching for a reputable wrestling school years ago, I set my sights on Dean Malenko's school.
Well, Dean was a WWF road agent by then, and didn't spend much time at the school. Essentially, he strapped his name to it and left the "training" to other people.

The Hart Brothers Wrestling school was the same way.
I forget which brother I dealt with - maybe Bruce - but, the stench of "asshole" was overwhelming.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »

That is usually the case.

When I was searching for a reputable wrestling school years ago, I set my sights on Dean Malenko's school.
Well, Dean was a WWF road agent by then, and didn't spend much time at the school. Essentially, he strapped his name to it and left the "training" to other people.

The Hart Brothers Wrestling school was the same way.
I forget which brother I dealt with - maybe Bruce - but, he the stench of "asshole" was overwhelming.
Lol...I bet Dean's "other people" who trained guys were better than WCW's "Sarge" lol

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 07:22:41 AM »
Speaking of Dudley School, there are stories making the rounds that Jade from TNA was dating another wrestler who was very abusive to her. She was going to blow the whistle on this person but was talked out of pressing charges etc by one of the Dudley Boys...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
Speaking of Dudley School, there are stories making the rounds that Jade from TNA was dating another wrestler who was very abusive to her. She was going to blow the whistle on this person but was talked out of pressing charges etc by one of the Dudley Boys...

I knew that Spike was up to no good!!

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »
I always admire the fact that when Dominic DeNucci trained Mick Foley, he was adamant that Mick continue his education and graduate from university on the condition of being trained by him.
"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 04:35:09 PM »
I always admire the fact that when Dominic DeNucci trained Mick Foley, he was adamant that Mick continue his education and graduate from university on the condition of being trained by him.

Yep!

He said something along the lines of, "Don't-a-think you gonna make a living doing this-a-bullshit..."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 05:33:50 PM »
As I suspected, the Dudleys did the "time-honored tradition" last night and got beat up by Anderson and Gallows, during their "farewell' speech (which got interrupted by the Shining Stars). D-Von even got put through a table, originally intended for Primo.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 06:34:05 AM »
As I suspected, the Dudleys did the "time-honored tradition" last night and got beat up by Anderson and Gallows, during their "farewell' speech (which got interrupted by the Shining Stars). D-Von even got put through a table, originally intended for Primo.
I was never a fan of the "time honored tradition" thing. Its one thing if its a legitimate "pass the torch" but to loose steady like that night after night after the rep the Dudley's have is just brutal. It de-values them.