Author Topic: WWE CLASH OF CHAMPIONS  (Read 4130 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WWE CLASH OF CHAMPIONS
« on: September 15, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
I guess someone owns the rights to the "NIGHT of CHAMPIONS" Name.

SO, here is a quick Clash of Champions preview.

I didn't see the kickoff show. So, I don't know if any titles were on the line there. I assume it'd be the Cruiserweight belt and the Smackdown tag titles, as they weren't mentioned on any of the promos.

WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman. A slight chance of a Lesnar run-in. But, I don't see the Monster among Men getting the red belt just yet. Rollins will retain.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton. With the way they've turned up the heat, you'd think there'd be some special stipulation on this one. But, it's a regular match. I think they'll give Kofi the nod now, with a specialty match for Orton to take the title later.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. The Miz. The Sami Zayn thing makes no sense. But Miz needs another IC run like a hole in the head. Funaki 2.0 retains.

WWE United States Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Cedric Alexander. Since Alexander got the pin, he got a US title shot. But nothing to see here. Styles retains.

WWE Raw Tag Team Titles: Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman (c) vs. Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler. Seth didn't leave with two belts in 2015, the last time he was in a  dual-title defense role. I don't think he will again. Roode and Ziggler win the gold.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Titles: New Day vs. The Revival. Orton's running buddies might get this one. How many more tag titles can New Day get...unless

UPSET SPECIAL......Kofi Kingston copies Seth Rollins and subs for Xavier Woods, should New Day still pull the "Freebird Rule".

WWE Women's Tag Team Championships Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss vs. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Everyone is expecting a double-cross by Bliss on Cross anyway now. Tonight might be the night. New women's tag champs.

WWE Raw Women's Championship Becky Lynch (c) vs. Sasha Banks. "The Man" is starting to wear out her welcome and people are digging the Banks heel turn. Banks has no problem winning titles. It's successful title defenses that are her bane. The Boss is the new champ.

WWE Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair. Much like Lynch, Flair is wearing thin. Bayley retains.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Don't know; don't care.

King of the Ring Finals: Baron Corbin (Raw) vs. Chad Gable (Smackdown). The little engine that could....WON'T. All Hail King Corbin, as most KOR winners are heels, anyway.

Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan (No DQ): This feud is pointless but ANOTHER UPSET SPECIAL. Rowan wins it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE CLASH OF CHAMPIONS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 06:57:18 PM »
Slight correction: No King of the Ring finals match. That’s on Raw tomorrow.

Malfunction at the junction! Strowman accidentally nails Rollins. One glorious DDT later, Roode and Ziggler win the belts.

Smackdown women’s title. Reverse squash! Charlotte pummels Bayley all match long. Bayley gets stomped in the corner and while the ref backs off Charlotte, Bayley loosens the turnbuckle pad. Charlotte charges but gets her head rammed into the steel. Bayley gets the 1-2-3.

Next up, Smackdown tag titles. Woods is back.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »
A massive “Shatter Machine” to Big E outside the ring and continued pounding on Woods’ knee put the end to New Day’s tag title run. Only the women retained their tag belts.

The cruiserweight title was on the kickoff show. Gulag retained in a triple threat match.
AJ Styles is officially a midcarder, as hisUS title match with Cedric Alexander was also on the kickoff show. Styles retains

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »
Funaki 2.0 retains with plenty of Zayn interference. Raw women’s title is next.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »
Becky gets DQed after hitting ref with a chair. Then she goes medieval on Banks, nearly breaking her arm on the same chair after pummeling her with it.

WWE title match was decent. Orton hit the RKO but pinned Kingston too close to the ropes. Kingston got th cheap break.’Orton went for the punt but missed and got “Trouble in Paradise” right on the noggin. Kofi-Mania is alive.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
Reigns and Rowan. Lots of carnage and broken furniture. Reigns screams and goes for a super spear down the street ramp, only to be kicked in the snout....by a crackhead version of Luke Harper. He and Rowan beat up Reigns and Rowan gets the win.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 06:31:48 AM »
Universal title match was great. We even saw Strowman hit a splash off the top rope. But he hurt his knee and could never pin Rollins or hit the powerslam. Nonetheless it took four curb stomps and a Pedigree to down the monster.

But as Rollins was leaving to celebrate....the lights go out and “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt jumps Rollins, downing him with “Sister Abigail” and the mandible claw. And that ends the show.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »
1 - Thank god Orton didn't win.  Seriously, this dude needs to be let go.  He adds nothing of value to any card or television show.  He does nothing and then disappears only to resurface months later and get another push at the top.  He just can not carry the ball.  They have tried this experiment before.  It doesn't work.  The fact he is in an upper card match and AJ Styles isn't says a lot.  AJ can work circles around this gimp.

2 - "kicked in the snout.."   LOL.   Has Reigns EVER connected with a move after doing his scream?   I mean, even Ric Flair got to jump off the top rope every now and then instead of getting slammed right after he climbed up there... but Reigns?   Man, I would just keep my mouth shut.  That scream is an instant jinx to him.

3 - Strowman is slowly being diluted into a average nothing special character.  They need to let him go back to doing what it does best and just destroying people.  It was the same formula they let Mark Henry run with and he had the highest popularity of his career then.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
1 - Thank god Orton didn't win.  Seriously, this dude needs to be let go.  He adds nothing of value to any card or television show.  He does nothing and then disappears only to resurface months later and get another push at the top.  He just can not carry the ball.  They have tried this experiment before.  It doesn't work.  The fact he is in an upper card match and AJ Styles isn't says a lot.  AJ can work circles around this gimp.

2 - "kicked in the snout.."   LOL.   Has Reigns EVER connected with a move after doing his scream?   I mean, even Ric Flair got to jump off the top rope every now and then instead of getting slammed right after he climbed up there... but Reigns?   Man, I would just keep my mouth shut.  That scream is an instant jinx to him.

3 - Strowman is slowly being diluted into a average nothing special character.  They need to let him go back to doing what it does best and just destroying people.  It was the same formula they let Mark Henry run with and he had the highest popularity of his career then.

To answer #2, they have been letting Reigns do that on occasion. Last year at SummerSlam, against Lesnar, he did the scream and hit the spear. Of course, he hit two more only to get nearly choked out after the third one.

Orton is great for putting people over the top. Remember, he has jobbed to JACK SWAGGER and JINDER MAHAL, during their less-than-spectaluar world title reigns. And since you mentioned Mark Henry, Randy Orton jobbed to him as well to give him the world title in 2011. And I almost forgot about the Miz in 2010.