Author Topic: WWE Hall of Fame Classes of 2020 and 2021  (Read 3764 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WWE Hall of Fame Classes of 2020 and 2021
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »
Apparently, thanks to last year's coronavirus derailment, WWE decided to have both HOF classes on one broadcast last night.

Class of 2020:
- NWO (Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean "Six"/"X-pac" Waltman)
- Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog"
- Batista
- The Bella Twins
- John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Class of 2021:
- Kane
- Eric Bischoff
- Molly Holly
- The Great Khali (no, that's not a typo)
- Jushin "Thunder" Liger
- Rob Van Dam
- William Shatner (Celebrity wing)

I've only seen Kane's speech and parts of RVD, so far. Kane definitely has the gift of gab.

Edit - Apparently, Bastita has asked, due to his prior commitments, to be inducted next year.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: WWE Hall of Fame Classes of 2020 and 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
It seems that about every wrestler eventually gets in.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:14:47 PM »
It seems that about every wrestler eventually gets in.

Not quite. Demolition still hasn't been inducted. And I guess they'll have to wait until Martha Hart passes away before Owen gets into the hall.

I did hear Molly Holly's speech and that of the Bellas. Boy, people really have love for Molly and it's not hard to see why.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »
Not quite. Demolition still hasn't been inducted. And I guess they'll have to wait until Martha Hart passes away before Owen gets into the hall.

I did hear Molly Holly's speech and that of the Bellas. Boy, people really have love for Molly and it's not hard to see why.
But eventually they will.  There are more wrestlers inducted into the Hall every year than there are new wrestlers.  All halls of fame are a joke.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 05:03:19 AM »
Apparently, thanks to last year's coronavirus derailment, WWE decided to have both HOF classes on one broadcast last night.

Class of 2020:
- NWO (Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean "Six"/"X-pac" Waltman)
- Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog"
- Batista
- The Bella Twins
- John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Class of 2021:
- Kane
- Eric Bischoff
- Molly Holly
- The Great Khali (no, that's not a typo)
- Jushin "Thunder" Liger
- Rob Van Dam
- William Shatner (Celebrity wing)

I've only seen Kane's speech and parts of RVD, so far. Kane definitely has the gift of gab.

Edit - Apparently, Bastita has asked, due to his prior commitments, to be inducted next year.
Not a bad line up. Kane's speach was great. I like the fact that they kept the speeches short. Some of these HOF speeches could really put you to sleep.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »

Humble is right. Everyone will get in.

Demolition isn’t in because of their pending/on going lawsuits. Bruno and Warrior eventually came around. Demolition will as well. They were Vince’s creation so he could have his own Legion of Doom.

Actually who Vince wants in will get in regardless of their actual career.

Koko b ware isn’t a hall of fame talent unless HOF means you were a televised wrestler. But if Vince says he is then koko is.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 07:38:28 PM »
Humble is right. Everyone will get in.

Demolition isn’t in because of their pending/on going lawsuits. Bruno and Warrior eventually came around. Demolition will as well. They were Vince’s creation so he could have his own Legion of Doom.

Actually who Vince wants in will get in regardless of their actual career.

Koko b ware isn’t a hall of fame talent unless HOF means you were a televised wrestler. But if Vince says he is then koko is.

I thought it was he (Koko) was the only guy on the "Piledriver" album who could actually sing.  ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
I thought it was he (Koko) was the only guy on the "Piledriver" album who could actually sing.  ;D
LOL!

That alone makes him HOF worthy. I stand corrected.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 06:20:50 PM »
LOL!

That alone makes him HOF worthy. I stand corrected.

If you look on his HOF package, that's his signature WWF accomplishment. Outside the WWF, the only thing for which I remember him is one half of a Michael-Jackson-impersonating team, called the PYTs.

It appears that, if you play any significant part of getting the "Rock-N-Wrestling"/Hogan" era of the 80s over, you're a virtual lock for the Hall of Fame.

He used to have "The Bird" by Morris Day and the Time, as his ring music.

Then, it became "Piledriver"; and finally, WWF gave him his own wing-flapping anthem, "Bird, Bird, Bird", in which he also sings the lyrics.