Author Topic: Critique review condition and size at 43  (Read 180114 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
Re: Critique review condition and size at 43
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
Wider than Heath....

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
Conditioning and size are great, no worries there. Your forearm length and hand size however make you look like caveman. Also don't be scared or training your lats.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
Bald hank looking shred, i wish i had the nerve to eat chicken all day to get ripped and go bald
A

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 05:32:00 PM »
What's your current cycle?

I am guessing a moderate TRT dose of 500 mg a week.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 05:40:30 PM »

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Trainer of Champions
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 05:54:34 PM »
Marty I absolutely do not eat chicken all day. I always order an appetizer and dessert. I only eat fried chicken and I eat about a pound of beef everyday and bacon or sausage every morning for breakfast and a lot of pasta. I don't drink much soda or alcohol but maybe one regular soda a day and 1-2 alcoholic drinks every other week. I am constantly trying to gain weight and bulk up not dieting in anyway at all. TRT only pic was from today. I walk the beach but no real heavy cardio but yeah I eat pizza and burgers and regular soda daily. My dad didn't weight lift at all and was balding as well at my age. I used to wrestle division one and competed in mma briefly 20 years ago. I lift at my home gym only now. I am not spreading my lats in the pic

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
What is your PR in the 12-mile ruck?

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 06:04:03 PM »
Walleye nipples are distracting

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Trainer of Champions
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »
Hulkatron I was an 11C in the army so I have done 15 mile rucks with an 81mm mortar system on my back in the mountains of Kosovo

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 06:24:42 PM »
Marty I absolutely do not eat chicken all day. I always order an appetizer and dessert. I only eat fried chicken and I eat about a pound of beef everyday and bacon or sausage every morning for breakfast and a lot of pasta. I don't drink much soda or alcohol but maybe one regular soda a day and 1-2 alcoholic drinks every other week. I am constantly trying to gain weight and bulk up not dieting in anyway at all. TRT only pic was from today. I walk the beach but no real heavy cardio but yeah I eat pizza and burgers and regular soda daily. My dad didn't weight lift at all and was balding as well at my age. I used to wrestle division one and competed in mma briefly 20 years ago. I lift at my home gym only now. I am not spreading my lats in the pic

Sounds like you've got a solid athletic background and enjoying a well rounded life.
As now realize, most of the posts here are for trolling or trying crack on another ,aka "owning them "  :-\

I would suggest you do some supersets of reg, wide grip pullups with DB pullovers across the bench.
This will stretch and develop more width to your lats and improve your posture, standing there semi-flexed.
I'd also add some 1 arm DB rows, but be sure to get a full, deep stretch and avoid jerky rep motion.

I competed in a bunch of " no big deal" contests from 1978 -1996 and also judged for many years ( AAU and NPC).
I'm 20 yrs older, but I in all modesty, might be able to offer some sensible feedback here.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »
also nice abercrombie and fitch shorts.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 06:32:07 PM »
Sounds like you've got a solid athletic background and enjoying a well rounded life.
As now realize, most of the posts here are for trolling or trying crack on another ,aka "owning them "  :-\

I would suggest you do some supersets of reg, wide grip pullups with DB pullovers across the bench.
This will stretch and develop more width to your lats and improve your posture, standing there semi-flexed.
I'd also add some 1 arm DB rows, but be sure to get a full, deep stretch and avoid jerky rep motion.

I competed in a bunch of " no big deal" contests from 1978 -1996 and also judged for many years ( AAU and NPC).
I'm 20 yrs older, but I in all modesty, might be able to offer some sensible feedback here.

Howard do you think this 43 year old man who hasn’t trained upper body in weeks never trained back in his life?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 06:37:08 PM »
Howard do you think this 43 year old man who hasn’t trained upper body in weeks never trained back in his life?

No idea , but based on his posts I assume he's done a few back exercises in his life .
My advice is geared for him going forward on a weak area I see from that one pic.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 06:41:23 PM »
No idea , but based on his posts I assume he's done a few back exercises in his life .
My advice is geared for him going forward on a weak area I see from that one pic.

How much improvement do you think he can expect if he follows your recommendation  at this point?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 07:01:21 PM »
Whose gimmick ?

Gardener needs to put his shirt back on and get out of the house before the owners return.  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2021, 07:09:05 PM »
I haven't lifted upper body in 6 weeks due to injury but today was first pool day so had to check status. 215lbs and 5foot10 not huge not small not shredded not fat but kind of in shape at 43? I can't even tell anymore.

You are built better than I am but that's not really saying much...Now...Pull your pants up.  You look ridiculous with them like that.  Men don't wear their pants low.  I realize it's been going on since the '60s but it is still ghetto stupid.

Congratulations on a fine build!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 07:12:51 PM »
How much improvement do you think he can expect if he follows your recommendation  at this point?
I don't know the man so I have no real idea.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 08:16:36 PM »
I don't know the man so I have no real idea.

So you suggested exercises to build the area he is lacking but you have no idea if the exercises will be effective?

Well done sir, well done.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »
Not bad for 5’5.

Have you tried being taller? Also really digging the sort of advanced stage Neanderthal face disorder you’re afflicted with.

If a female hit the bar with the intent of getting slammed by a mouth breathing attention whore, you’re in luck, Diana.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2021, 08:29:30 PM »
Welcome to Getbig Hank!

You remind me of an UFC-fighter!

0:55:

"I'm wit UFC."  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 08:32:14 PM »
Conditioning and size are great, no worries there. Your forearm length and hand size however make you look like caveman. Also don't be scared or training your lats.

Could be a disproportionate amount of Neanderthal genetic legacy. I would need to review the results of his 23andMe.com genetic ancestry test results to be certain.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2021, 08:39:46 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 08:45:04 PM »
Also don't be scared or training your lats.

He does neither.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »
Man please tell me I look so good people think its not real bwhaha I just feel really skinny and fat all the time I don't know

Dude, It seems you have a serious case of body dysmorphia disorder, (a mental health disorder in which you can't stop thinking about one or more perceived defects or flaws in your appearance — a flaw that appears minor or can't be seen by others). If you seriously want advice, you might want to do something about your forward head posture before it becomes permanent. I am speaking from experience on this issue.