Author Topic: The Top 10 Most Livable Cities in the World 2021  (Read 3897 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: The Top 10 Most Livable Cities in the World 2021
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »
Wellington Florida?

Kiwi capital city  ;)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2021, 06:14:34 PM »
South west Germany

Don't you miss: sandy beaches, g-string girls, buying mangos in boxes, ice cold ginger beer, Christmas @ + 35'C,................................

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »
what the hell is the definition of "livable"

Most people in most cities manage to "live"

It sure as shit doesn't mean affordable (for example - Tokyo)

OH, no everything upsets & offends Strawly BoB  :-\

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 07:32:58 PM »
How come Louisiana is not on the list?

Are you from Louisiana, IroNat? I want to visit either Lafourche or Vermilion in Louisiana, because they have the highest concentration of Americans who speak French at home. I can understand spoken French, but I only speak it at about 50% these days, and realized the closest way to describe my spoken French is that I speak Louisiana Cajun French or Louisiana Creole French.

I lost my French due to abruptly stopping speaking French at age 20 shortly after my French Immersion education ended. My French sounds similar to what how this couple is speaking:

Louisiana seems pretty cool to me...I always assumed the high rates of violence and low educational attainment was due to Louisiana having a diverse population. That is normally the reason.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2021, 07:58:25 AM »
Don't you miss: sandy beaches, g-string girls, buying mangos in boxes, ice cold ginger beer, Christmas @ + 35'C,................................

Fuck yes I do!

I also miss 'light' conversation, friendly people and good customer service.

But the truth is, I couldn't have the life I have here back home, so Schwaben is where I am for the time being.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2021, 08:26:48 AM »
Are you from Louisiana, IroNat?

No.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2021, 10:27:29 AM »
Fuck yes I do!

I also miss 'light' conversation, friendly people and good customer service.

But the truth is, I couldn't have the life I have here back home, so Schwaben is where I am for the time being.

Germany is a great country- Merkel's left wing bullshit notwithstanding- and the people are great. I love the smaller cities like Aachen or Dresden- they have a friendly atmosphere. If I had to ever relocate to Europe it would definitely be to Germany. Southwestern Germany even has parts where the climate is ironically mild - like the Rhine River  valley - so winters are not that bad.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:37 AM »

Germany is a great country- Merkel's left wing bullshit notwithstanding- and the people are great. I love the smaller cities like Aachen or Dresden- they have a friendly atmosphere. If I had to ever relocate to Europe it would definitely be to Germany. Southwestern Germany even has parts where the climate is ironically mild - like the Rhine River  valley - so winters are not that bad.

Is their bureaucracy not a hassle?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2021, 11:15:54 AM »
Are you from Louisiana, IroNat? I want to visit either Lafourche or Vermilion in Louisiana, because they have the highest concentration of Americans who speak French at home. I can understand spoken French, but I only speak it at about 50% these days, and realized the closest way to describe my spoken French is that I speak Louisiana Cajun French or Louisiana Creole French.

I lost my French due to abruptly stopping speaking French at age 20 shortly after my French Immersion education ended. My French sounds similar to what how this couple is speaking:

Louisiana seems pretty cool to me...I always assumed the high rates of violence and low educational attainment was due to Louisiana having a diverse population. That is normally the reason.

Québécois degrades to Pigeon French. Hmm, been to Haiti lately?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2021, 11:34:42 AM »
New Orleans, LA

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2021, 11:36:30 AM »

It can be! Doubtful it's any worse than NY where I used to live though- that state is beyond stupid. South Carolina, where I am now, is worlds better.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
Australians cant leave the country until further notice.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »

It can be! Doubtful it's any worse than NY where I used to live though- that state is beyond stupid. South Carolina, where I am now, is worlds better.

New York is very efficient when it comes to collecting taxes. Within a week of my filing, they had the money extracted from my checking account.😥

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
New York is very efficient when it comes to collecting taxes. Within a week of my filing, they had the money extracted from my checking account.😥

Yes- they have perfected the art of thievery, lol

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »
Palestine is pretty nice until this guy comes to steal your house  ;D

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2021, 01:54:02 AM »

Yes!

It's also rife with people who enjoy being in positions of 'power' (if you could call it that).

True story. As a foreigner I need to renew my registration to stay here every few years. Last time, I go to the office, fill out the paperwork, hand it in, and the woman behind the desk looks at it, looks at me, and says "This is not correct".. I'm pretty sure I know my personal details so I ask her what's wrong and she tells me I've written my height as 182cm tall when I am obviously shorter than that.

I tell her I've been 182cm tall since I was 19 years old. She tells me to my face that I am lying. She's done this job for many years and she knows when 'people' lie about things (for 'people', read "foreigners"). I'm getting angry and tell her she's welcome to measure me, up against the wall, like I'm a child.

She sniffs and tells me she won't accept my renewal application until I tell the truth. Meanwhile, her colleague who has been watching this take place with a smile on her face says "I'll measure him!". I don't know if they had beef with each other or not, but I go "great", take my shoes off, stand against the wall and she gets her ruler and measures me TWICE from the floor to the top of my head.

"He's 182cm exactly" she announces. I resist the urge to scream "Yeah, bitch!" at the other woman who just snatches the papers from the counter, ignores us both while she types furiously into her computer and then tells me to pick up my new card from a room down the hallway.

Later that evening I pull the card out of my wallet, have a look and on the back, I notice that my height has been recorded at 181cm. This means I'll always be 1cm shorter in Germany from now on.

This type of shit happens often in bureaucracy here. Don't even get me started on my dealings with the tax department.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2021, 03:22:28 AM »
These lists are always compiled by leftist utopians with bizarre criteria like public transport energy efficiency and access to transgender surgery. It wasn't so long ago that "The Economist" was hailing Sweden as the best country in the world to live in.

In the real world the best cities to live in will be the most racially homogeneous, and respectful of traditional culture. This will generally mean places like Japan and Switzerland score highly

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »
Yes it’s Alcatraz here. It’s nicknamed “fortress Australia”.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2021, 12:00:12 AM »

The other day, 2 million people boarded U.S. flights for the first time since the pandemic started.

Australia has been slower than most other countries to immunize its population, with some high-risk groups crying out for protection.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2021, 03:36:04 AM »

Wrong !.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2021, 03:41:01 AM »
The other day, 2 million people boarded U.S. flights for the first time since the pandemic started.

Australia has been slower than most other countries to immunize its population, with some high-risk groups crying out for protection.
The prime minister has actually said that he won’t be giving the public a date,  in which we will open the borders. This country is quite vaccine hesitant. And it’s growing. I was going to get vaccinated when I could get Pfizer. But knowing what I know now, I won’t be taking any vaccine.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2021, 03:46:09 AM »

K., you just need an exemption form & is easily granted  ;)

Reason to travel could be : family issue in Singapore or sick grandpa in Thai nursing home, etc .............

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2021, 03:53:44 AM »
The prime minister has actually said that he won’t be giving the public a date,  in which we will open the borders. This country is quite vaccine hesitant. And it’s growing. I was going to get vaccinated when I could get Pfizer. But knowing what I know now, I won’t be taking any vaccine.

Sex is the best vaccine  ;)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2021, 04:12:14 AM »
K., you just need an exemption form & is easily granted  ;)

Reason to travel could be : family issue in Singapore or sick grandpa in Thai nursing home, etc .............
But can you travel back to Australia? Many are stranded overseas.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2021, 04:37:42 AM »
But can you travel back to Australia? Many are stranded overseas.

Screw those Indians, they expect free Qantas flights !.

Yes you can , I was 2X traveling on a cargo plane from SEA , cargos have 4 - 6 extra seats , jets travel never stopped (they cost more),
diplomats travel, military too , Sputnik-5 vaccine certificate is priceless !.

OBW, pilots/air crews never died from this Covid BS.