Author Topic: Functional Trainer  (Read 3233 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Functional Trainer
« on: June 17, 2021, 06:52:54 AM »
I have decided I need a way to do flys and cables and I want a functional trainer. The problem is they are massive and my space is limited. Has anyone had any success with a smaller cable system? Recommendations?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Functional Trainer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
Why flys and cables?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:48:50 AM »
To rehab the chest pump blood into the pecs and of course cable press downs for triceps. Just ordered this was cheaper and I can add my own plates

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/upper-body/cable-crossover-machine/400717.html

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »
To rehab the chest pump blood into the pecs and of course cable press downs for triceps. Just ordered this was cheaper and I can add my own plates

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/upper-body/cable-crossover-machine/400717.html

What's your review on this?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 04:19:12 PM »
I have decided I need a way to do flys and cables and I want a functional trainer. The problem is they are massive and my space is limited. Has anyone had any success with a smaller cable system? Recommendations?

If you want to do exercises that call for specialized equipment, why not workout at a well equipped gym? Are any of these nearby? http://www.hammerheadsobx.com/contact.html (looks to have loads of cable stations) The Gym looks hardcore, but there doesn't seem to be much in terms of cables. I looked at some others in Kitty Hawk, but none appeared to be well equipped. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 04:52:51 PM »
If you want to do exercises that call for specialized equipment, why not workout at a well equipped gym? Are any of these nearby? http://www.hammerheadsobx.com/contact.html (looks to have loads of cable stations) The Gym looks hardcore, but there doesn't seem to be much in terms of cables. I looked at some others in Kitty Hawk, but none appeared to be well equipped.

Some guys prefer working out at home. Personally I like the solitude. Prior to covid I lifted at a commercial gym for around 3-4 years. It's was fun training with other guys. During covid I never missed one planned workout.  When I went back to my home gym I really enjoyed it too. The music was perfect.  I never waited on a machine.  I didn't even have to comb my hair.  I think at home I get into a zen zone of working out that is conducive to a meditative zone of mental health.  Few negative thoughts and a sole zone of thinking about the workout. I do have a pretty elaborate home gym that makes it easy to do everything at home that I do at the gym. Two things I do miss and don't have is a cable cross over like the functional trainer and a kick back machine that I thought was one of the best leg exercises I have ever done in a gym. I have it on order. Hurry up California port. I want it now, lol.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 12:04:55 AM »
Some guys prefer working out at home. Personally I like the solitude. Prior to covid I lifted at a commercial gym for around 3-4 years. It's was fun training with other guys. During covid I never missed one planned workout.  When I went back to my home gym I really enjoyed it too. The music was perfect.  I never waited on a machine.  I didn't even have to comb my hair.  I think at home I get into a zen zone of working out that is conducive to a meditative zone of mental health.  Few negative thoughts and a sole zone of thinking about the workout. I do have a pretty elaborate home gym that makes it easy to do everything at home that I do at the gym. Two things I do miss and don't have is a cable cross over like the functional trainer and a kick back machine that I thought was one of the best leg exercises I have ever done in a gym. I have it on order. Hurry up California port. I want it now, lol.

I also like working out at home. Unfortunately, unless I evicted some of my family, currently the only space for a gym is the garage and I am obsessive about putting my car up every night. Maybe there is something you haven't shared on Getbig, but I had the impression that you wander around you McMansion alone.

I got the impression you were saying you didn't have the room, which seemed odd since you live is a rather large house. From the photos you've posted, you could turn your living room into a gym extraordinaire. The would definitely be no problem with overhead lifts.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 07:03:46 AM »
I also like working out at home. Unfortunately, unless I evicted some of my family, currently the only space for a gym is the garage and I am obsessive about putting my car up every night. Maybe there is something you haven't shared on Getbig, but I had the impression that you wander around you McMansion alone.

I got the impression you were saying you didn't have the room, which seemed odd since you live is a rather large house. From the photos you've posted, you could turn your living room into a gym extraordinaire. The would definitely be no problem with overhead lifts.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have a 1400 sq foot basement with a 9 foot ceiling. I have plenty of room to expand my home gym.  I don't count the 1400 sq foot basement in the nearly 3000 sq foot house.  If I did it would be a 4400 sq foot house. No, I'm not rich.  I live in a fantastic house in a relatively poor suburban area so I was able to build my dream house on the cheap so to speak. I have never posted pictures of my house here except for the basement and pool.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 06:39:01 PM »
You must have me confused with someone else. I have a 1400 sq foot basement with a 9 foot ceiling. I have plenty of room to expand my home gym.  I don't count the 1400 sq foot basement in the nearly 3000 sq foot house.  If I did it would be a 4400 sq foot house. No, I'm not rich.  I live in a fantastic house in a relatively poor suburban area so I was able to build my dream house on the cheap so to speak. I have never posted pictures of my house here except for the basement and pool.

The tread was started by Bhanky, so maybe I did have the two of you confused. I mean, you look so much alike.  ;D

You definitely have more room than I do. My basement varies in ceiling height anywhere from a couple feet to a max of five. but then it is what is called a crawl space. The square footage is good though at just under 2,000.LOL.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 06:42:01 AM »
The tread was started by Bhanky, so maybe I did have the two of you confused. I mean, you look so much alike.  ;D

You definitely have more room than I do. My basement varies in ceiling height anywhere from a couple feet to a max of five. but then it is what is called a crawl space. The square footage is good though at just under 2,000.LOL.

I look like Fabio compared to him.