Author Topic: Back & Legs  (Read 3170 times)

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Back & Legs
« on: June 18, 2021, 09:35:25 AM »
would this work well back & Legs together? just feel exhausted after Legs but it just seems logical to train back too. would it be too much? need a good 4 Day split.

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Back & Legs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 09:37:06 AM »
Please only answers from real Bodybuilders not fat drunks.
Thank you.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 09:40:55 AM »
You can train your whole body in one workout so you sure can train legs and back together.
The logic of training legs and back together is that your lower back is then given maximum time to recover until your next session.
If you train legs and back on different days your lower back gets less rest.

Do legs first, then back.

Your lower back gets a lot of work when you squat so do deadlifts last in your workout.

So do your squats first, deadlifts last.

Example all in one day:

Squats
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Pulldowns or pullups
Rows
Deadlifts

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »
Terrible split

Try something like

Chest/biceps/delts
Legs (quad focused)
Rest
Back/triceps
Legs (ham focused)
Rest
Rest

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 10:01:25 AM »
Terrible split

Try something like

Chest/biceps/delts
Legs (quad focused)
Rest
Back/triceps
Legs (ham focused)
Rest
Rest

Don´t really like shoulders & Biceps.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »
Troll thread alert

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 10:05:24 AM »
Everything works if you situate the various elements into a proper “schematic”.

As another says, don’t complicate things.

Over time specifics that best serve you will become apparent.

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 10:08:16 AM »
Troll thread alert
Why can you "Coach" me bro?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »
would this work well back & Legs together? just feel exhausted after Legs but it just seems logical to train back too. would it be too much? need a good 4 Day split.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 10:12:07 AM »
Everything works if you situate the various elements into a proper “schematic”.

As another says, don’t complicate things.

Over time specifics that best serve you will become apparent.
Maybe i think too much  :-\ Just my back feels pumped when i do stiff legged deads.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 10:12:12 AM »
If you are working both in one workout do back first and then legs.  This way you won't be doing rows on wobbly legs.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »
This guy trains back and legs together...

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »
If you are working both in one workout do back first and then legs.  This way you won't be doing rows on wobbly legs.
But my lower back is worked hard with squats and Stiff deads. seems better to do legs first. Rows can be supported.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »
But my lower back is worked hard with squats and Stiff deads. seems better to do legs first. Rows can be supported.
Do what you want.  I've always worked out legs after everything else.  I did the 20 rep squat program and squats are listed first, then pullovers, rows, benches and curls.  I always reversed it and did upper body first, then rested 5 to 10 minutes before doing the murderous squats.

The old bodybuilding courses from the 30's, 40's and 50's had trainers start at the top of the body and move down to calves being last.  They started with curls or shoulder presses.  I always started with chest and back before shoulders and arms and legs last.  Wearing out the shoulders and arms before chest and back makes no sense.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 10:35:31 AM »
Please only answers from real Bodybuilders not fat drunks.
Thank you.
Way to eliminate almost everyone on Getbig.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »
Do what you want.  I've always worked out legs after everything else.  I did the 20 rep squat program and squats are listed first, then pullovers, rows, benches and curls.  I always reversed it and did upper body first, then rested 5 to 10 minutes before doing the murderous squats.

The old bodybuilding courses from the 30's, 40's and 50's had trainers start at the top of the body and move down to calves being last.  They started with curls or shoulder presses.  I always started with chest and back before shoulders and arms and legs last.  Wearing out the shoulders and arms before chest and back makes no sense.

Most often I start with squats and then move on to bench. Then accessories. On another day, I start with deads, then an alternate pressing exercise, and then, again, accessories.

I began as a (power) bodybuilder and then transitioned to strict powerlifting.

Now I simply weight train with a huge emphasis of strength, capacity and performance.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 10:58:37 AM »
Personally Would never train them both together, lower back worked with stiff leg dead’s on leg day (as well as indirect work from squat), rest of back split in two workouts and train half with chest and half with delts and traps

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2021, 01:20:53 PM »

Okay so switch it around you fucking nerd.  Asks for advice then proceeds to ignore everyone’s advice.  What a fucking bum

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2021, 02:15:33 PM »

Steve Reeves always did legs last too.  His premise was that legs took so much effort that you really don't want to do anything after you work legs.

I've dabbled with full body a few times but I always get sick of it after a few weeks
I used to do chest/back supersets, then delts/traps, then legs and finished with arms (to give my arms a bit of rest after chest/back/delts).    I like the idea of getting it all done in one day and I like the combination of high frequency hitting each muscle along with lots of rest but you really can't do more than 3-4 sets per bodypart and even with that you're in the gym 2+ hours per workout which got to be a drag really quickly

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 02:23:21 PM »

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
Chest/triceps
Back/biceps
Legs/delts
Rest
Chest/triceps
Back/biceps
Legs/delts

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »
PLEASE DON`T FEED THE TROLL !!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »
Steve Reeves always did legs last too.  His premise was that legs took so much effort that you really don't want to do anything after you work legs.

I've dabbled with full body a few times but I always get sick of it after a few weeks
I used to do chest/back supersets, then delts/traps, then legs and finished with arms (to give my arms a bit of rest after chest/back/delts).    I like the idea of getting it all done in one day and I like the combination of high frequency hitting each muscle along with lots of rest but you really can't do more than 3-4 sets per bodypart and even with that you're in the gym 2+ hours per workout which got to be a drag really quickly
I'll do a full body workout once in a while but only 1 exercise per bodypart and always legs last.  When I used to do HIT workouts I'd sandwich a full body workout in between splits.

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 04:36:44 AM »
There might be some benefit to training legs and arms on the same day

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-train-legs-then-train-this-body-part/

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/testosterone-advantage-training/

Yeah thanks i did do this for a while upper/lower but doing arms & legs. was OK. I don´t really do anymore than 2 or 3 exercises per bodypart but i will do more sets. so fewer exercises but more sets. I mean why do 4/5 exercises when maybe half of them do not really give you much Gainzzzzz  for your labour.
It´s all about GAINZZZZZ   Bro !