Author Topic: dumbest exercise  (Read 1723 times)

Hendrixian

• Getbig II
Re: dumbest exercise
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2024, 11:54:31 AM »
Ever see those 45 plates with handles? I like to row grabbing by the handles, my traps grew a lot from doing that.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2024, 02:03:32 PM »
In women the bar sits close or on top of the uterus. The constant pounding might cause scar tissue wich can't be good in the long run.

The constant pounding of my bar close to or on top of the uterus has caused scar tissue in women many times...

BOOM! ;D
T

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2024, 02:28:20 PM »
I remember doing them a lot lol, ruining the floor in my dad's garage. One of the biggest changes I'd make if I could go back in time is focus on the contraction when it comes to back work instead of heaving heavy weight. I used all barbell work and 0 machines, but I'd switch it up to 90% machines/10% barbell.

The heavy back and leg work is probably what fucked Ronnie up so much as well. He would have lasted longer if he focussed on machine work/volume.

Shrugs seemed completely shit for me. Upright rows with light/moderate weight are a way superior movement imo.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2024, 04:31:15 PM »
Brutal if true

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2024, 04:49:13 PM »
In women the bar sits close or on top of the uterus. The constant pounding might cause scar tissue wich can't be good in the long run.
thanks fem falco watch the uterus
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2024, 04:52:49 PM »
I remember doing them a lot lol, ruining the floor in my dad's garage. One of the biggest changes I'd make if I could go back in time is focus on the contraction when it comes to back work instead of heaving heavy weight. I used all barbell work and 0 machines, but I'd switch it up to 90% machines/10% barbell.

The heavy back and leg work is probably what fucked Ronnie up so much as well. He would have lasted longer if he focussed on machine work/volume.

Shrugs seemed completely shit for me. Upright rows with light/moderate weight are a way superior movement imo.

I think it was the bent over rows with 500 and sloppy form and not the 800lb squats

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2024, 05:41:14 PM »
People either discount or just don't know enough about chest supported rows either with a BB or DB. Just as effective and a low back saver in the long run.
Chest supported barbell rows on an incline bench for the win.

Hate bicep exercises.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 12:33:21 AM »
what the fuck is the point of this exercise, stability? a Circus act in the Gym?

I'm surprised no one has been killed doing that.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2024, 01:44:34 AM »
The constant pounding of my bar close to or on top of the uterus has caused scar tissue in women many times...

BOOM! ;D
King  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 02:39:47 AM »
I'm surprised no one has been killed doing that.
i´ve seen idiots use much more weight than him on a ball.
Fucking muppets

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2024, 11:55:26 PM »
i´ve seen idiots use much more weight than him on a ball.
Fucking muppets
Personal trainers invent stupid exercises like that to convince newbies their value.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2024, 03:31:21 AM »
Personal trainers invent stupid exercises like that to convince newbies their value.
Not a Dumb exercise but this video makes me cringe

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2024, 08:20:29 AM »

T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2024, 08:24:01 AM »

as much as i dislike Robbie ( his anti-white rants about Weider) i have to agree, at least Robbie uses normal exercises & for the most part keeps it real.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2024, 08:51:58 AM »
Good mornings are one of the best exercises ever, at least I felt they were for me. Standing to different heights, even seated straddling a bench.

Agreed, I think they are the best squat assistance exercise.  The bar position and body position is essentially the same so you’ll have higher carryover than say, RDLs or lunges.  I had best results with lower weight and very strict form, knees straight, back tight .. insane hamstring stretch & soreness.  Doing them with one foot on a plate so as to load the other leg was my favorite variant, great way to increase the load on the glute/hams without increasing the weight.

Dumbest exercise is barbell hip thrusts. I don't know how this fad became such a big thing.
My regular gym underwent a refurb and both a hip thrust bench and machine. And possibly still take up benches, bars and racks doing this POS exercise.

Also agreed.  I think they are popular because it’s easy to load up a lot of weight and lift due to the insanely favorable leverages.  Even a relative beginner can lift a few plates on each side and look like a serious lifter to the uninformed.   

I can’t be too mad though, as a fan of big butts on women I salute their efforts even if the programming is suboptimal.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2024, 11:07:18 AM »
Agreed, I think they are the best squat assistance exercise.  The bar position and body position is essentially the same so you’ll have higher carryover than say, RDLs or lunges.  I had best results with lower weight and very strict form, knees straight, back tight .. insane hamstring stretch & soreness.  Doing them with one foot on a plate so as to load the other leg was my favorite variant, great way to increase the load on the glute/hams without increasing the weight.

I forgot about that variation, I'll try it.

I have one simplistic opinion on back pain that doesn't always apply, but often does. It's that if one has a weak back that is prone to injury, most often the lower back, it's often a bad idea to stop training it. It just makes it worse as the tissues just further weaken. But I understand the fear.
Something happened to my upper back the last 3 months as I'm in a lot of pain. Is it because I've scaresly trained my back at all recently or am I now paying for my sins of the past decades? We oldtimers always joke around that we can't ever stop training or the pain and injuries start manifesting.