Author Topic: Sure Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling  (Read 11016 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Sure Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »
Did you think that lying abuot it to us would give you more credibility in arguments?

Hahaha.  This is killing you isn't it?  What, you want my autograph?  You must dream about me man.  But listen.  I told you I'm a married heterosexual.  Go to the sex board if you're looking for a boyfriend.  I'm not interested.  LOL.   ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »
still the best place in the world to live in.  :)

Well said, ToxicAvenger!

I am not from the United States, but I have lived there, and I do know from personal experience that it is the best place in the world to live in.  And I am not the only one.  I personally know of people in England, China, India, and even people from countries that don't like the US or don't like Americans, still want to come live in peace in the US.  It's sad that too many Americans don't know what they have.  Maybe they should come live for a while in another country so that they will learn to appreciate what they have there.  The US is far from perfect and has made many mistakes, but it is still the best place in the world to live in.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
A good post, but it's still not that bad yet. Like Toxic pointed out, America is still the greatest nation in the world to live in. Of course if Bush is allowed to continue on on his course of starting unjustified wars then it'll get worse.

I'm tired of headhunter and others whining about the will of the American people. The will of people is only thing that's kept Bush from starting a third front in Iran and hopefully more pressure will prevent any hasty decision making on his part. The will of the people will keep this country from going under.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
The will of the people is the only 'check and balance' still in place.

congress followed bush's orders for quite a while.  It was only when many people started to have questions about Iraq and 911 that people voted the Repubs out and Dems in.

Now, if you pander to everything Bush says and ignore the will of the people, you will be voted out.  And suddenly, you have republicans finally standing up to Bush.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »
Yeah well If u feel like u want to be a loser. The American people distanced themselves from their military in the late 70's after Vietnam. The military suffered as well as the mral of the American people until Regan was elected. I don't want to go through that again. We have to win...losing will encourage these nutbags to continue. If another major attack hits America and its WMD's.They will inter middle easterners. Things will be bad Jockey. The arabs/muslims in this country have not been vocal enough in denoucing terrorism. There is no major public figure of arab/muslim persuasion leading the fight. If a city like LA or Chicago was to be hit...who is going to be in trouble. Its in everybody's best interest to win this war.
L

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »
Yeah well If u feel like u want to be a loser. The American people distanced themselves from their military in the late 70's after Vietnam. The military suffered as well as the mral of the American people until Regan was elected. I don't want to go through that again. We have to win...losing will encourage these nutbags to continue. If another major attack hits America and its WMD's.They will inter middle easterners. Things will be bad Jockey. The arabs/muslims in this country have not been vocal enough in denoucing terrorism. There is no major public figure of arab/muslim persuasion leading the fight. If a city like LA or Chicago was to be hit...who is going to be in trouble. Its in everybody's best interest to win this war.

That's an excellent post, I wholeheartedly agree.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 08:04:36 PM »

Of course it is in our interest - for both resources and security.

However, lately there has been a mindset from getbiggers in the military that "we're losing because people back home don't support us and they hate the war!"

That's an excuse.  Plain and simple.  You do your job because that is what you are paid to do.  There has been a large movement this week to paint anyone anti-war, as anti-military men.

We want you guys home from the battlefield, or out of the cities defending the borders and pipeline.  But please, stop bitching about needing the opinion of others to do your job.  Seriously.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
Of course it is in our interest - for both resources and security.

However, lately there has been a mindset from getbiggers in the military that "we're losing because people back home don't support us and they hate the war!"

That's an excuse.  Plain and simple.  You do your job because that is what you are paid to do.  There has been a large movement this week to paint anyone anti-war, as anti-military men.

We want you guys home from the battlefield, or out of the cities defending the borders and pipeline.  But please, stop bitching about needing the opinion of others to do your job.  Seriously.

That's out of line, soldiers are people too, Rob, and they deserve our respect and admiration.  Just as our police do, and our firemen do.  These people put their lives on the line, damned brave if you ask me.

Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »

we should make 2 things really clear:

1.  There is plenty of support for our troops in Iraq.

2.  Our problems in Iraq stem from gross incompetence from Bush and his band of merry fags.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »
That's out of line, soldiers are people too, Rob, and they deserve our respect and admiration.  Just as our police do, and our firemen do.  These people put their lives on the line, damned brave if you ask me.

Do lawyers deserve respect?

Soldiers:
Of course they're brave.  Of course they deserve respect.  But when a soldier says we're losing the war because some Americans want to pull out of the cities - that's crazy.  The rest of us see that Bush hasn't given resources needed to win.  But they'll defend their military bosses, cause, they have to. 

But look at facts.  Five years in afghanistan with unlimited budget and support, and you can't break the fckers?  Come on!  There's *something* wrong with the picture.  And kids debating here sure ain't the reason, kids...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 08:19:02 PM »
Do lawyers deserve respect?

Until I see one put his life on the line for his country and others, it'll have to be a lawyer by lawyer scenario.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »
Until I see one put his life on the line for his country and others, it'll have to be a lawyer by lawyer scenario.

what about US soldiers who work on bases in kentucky?
They will never put their life on the line.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 08:45:46 PM »
what about US soldiers who work on bases in kentucky?
They will never put their life on the line.

You can't be sure of that, why are you trying to distort what I have said about our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 08:26:27 AM »
You can't be sure of that, why are you trying to distort what I have said about our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I'm trying to get you to define which positions in society demand instant respect, and which do not.

Why would you respect lawyers (who defend the constitution) on a case-by-case basis, yet respect soldiers universally (also defending the constitution)?

It's this blind labeling in society which is bullshit, and used selectively to win arguments.  Labeling anyone anti-"anything" to discredit them is a bitch move.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 09:27:26 AM »

Bruce I think JAG (military lawyers) is in harm's way.  They're on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

So what will winning accomplish? Not like those dudes will hang up their aks and call it a day. The thing is that the war in Iraq is based entirely on lies, so how can you expect the average American to support it? Maybe if things in Iraq looked brighter, then the public would be more optimistic. But things aren't looking good. Every single day you hear of a suicide bomb or IED with an x number of dead or injured.

If our invasion of Iraq was perfectly legit, then maybe the public would support fighting it out. Maybe if Iraq had an isurgency to begin with, then maybe the public would would believe in duking it out. But this is not the case, we invaded Iraq on intelligence reports that have been proven to be complete fabrications. Our invasion of Iraq has probably increased the number of terrorists world wide because we've given them more excuses to hate us.

How can you expect the public to keep supporting a war that has made America so unpopular across the world? Staying in Iraq actually aids the insurgency and it sure as hell aids in creating more dislike for America world wide. More hate = more terrorists bred.

The approach to fighting terrorism shouldn't be invasions, but just strategic strikes on targets. Like if Clinton had killed off Bin Laden, then we wouldn't have 9/11. But no, no one kills his ass and we have 9/11, and then the government emotionally blackmails its people into supporting a bogus war.

One other thing. Please don't underestimate the people. If something like 70%+ of the public disagree with you on something, then you're probably the one who's wrong.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
dude, you think we're going to leave, and leave the oil behind?

you're out of your gourd! LOL

I'd love to make a wager, but I don't know what my dollar will be worth.

{ROTFLMAO}   ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2007, 10:20:36 AM »
The US is far from perfect and has made many mistakes, but it is still the best place in the world to live in.

Unless you factor in Canada  :P in the summertime of course  :-[

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »
Yeah well If u feel like u want to be a loser. The American people distanced themselves from their military in the late 70's after Vietnam. The military suffered as well as the mral of the American people until Regan was elected. I don't want to go through that again. We have to win...losing will encourage these nutbags to continue.

HH, the people distancing themselves from the military and morale suffering was not because you lost in Vietnam. It was because you had no place being in Vietnam to begin with. thousands of dead Americans for lies and greed is what caused the lack of morale and the people's desire to distance themselves. Unfortunately, the die is already cast for a repeat scenario. You will go through it again, whether or not you are victorius in Iraq or not.

...only 3 more days to go pookieface.  :-*
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Bruce I think JAG (military lawyers) is in harm's way.  They're on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Thanks for that clarification. ...had me worried there for a minute.  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2007, 10:28:26 AM »
Thanks for that clarification. ...had me worried there for a minute.  :P

Nah.  You're safe.  Big Brother takes care of its citizens.  Hey did you pay your taxes yet?   ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »
Nah.  You're safe.  Big Brother takes care of its citizens.  Hey did you pay your taxes yet?   ;D

Hey I'm Canadian remember... all I got is taxes.  ;D
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2007, 10:35:12 AM »
HH, the people distancing themselves from the military and morale suffering was not because you lost in Vietnam. It was because you had no place being in Vietnam to begin with. thousands of dead Americans for lies and greed is what caused the lack of morale and the people's desire to distance themselves. Unfortunately, the die is already cast for a repeat scenario. You will go through it again, whether or not you are victorius in Iraq or not.

Very well said, Jag.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
You know your empire’s crumbling when a magazine can send people into space but the national space agency can't.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/06/1443221

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »
You know your empire’s crumbling when a magazine can send people into space but the national space agency can't.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/06/1443221

Nah, all that is poor finaicial mangement in the Agency which is no suprise in this govenrment recent history...nothing new.

But as far as a sign of an empire crumbling..........  we are far from it.