Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 104464 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
So now Biden considers me part of the "Barbarian Hoard" ? ? ?
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »
Video:Biden: Unions Are the Only Thing Keeping Conservative Barbarians From the Gates of Rome
Eyeblast TV ( Media Research Center) ^ | 3/18/2011 | Stephen Gutowski

Posted on 03/18/2011 1:59:23 PM PDT by blog.Eyeblast.tv

http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2011/03/biden-unions-are-the-only-thing-keeping-conservative-barbarians-from-the-gates-of-rome

Leave it to Biden to provide us our new tone moment of the day. Real classy Joe…

Right. So conservatives are like barbarian hoards bursting through the gates of Rome to take the government by force. However, the masses of people who are literally smashing their way through capital door throughout the country in order to forcibly promote their political agenda are totally cool.

(Excerpt) Read more at blog.eyeblast.tv ...

________________________ ________________________ ______-

Ha ha ha ha ha - So if that is the case - is Obama Nero or Caligula?   He sure as hell aint Maximus or Julius Ceaser, Marcus Aurelius, Hadrian, or some of the othergreat leades of Rome.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: So now Biden considers me part of the "Barbarian Hoard" ? ? ?
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
Another WTF???? moment
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Sorry - thebarbarians are clearly the left wing cry babies screaming for more free shit.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »
Why are the barbarians hoarding you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Why are the barbarians hoarding you?

They want our tax dollars to piss away on welfare, social shit, endless programs, bailouts, etc.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
They want our tax dollars to piss away on welfare, social shit, endless programs, bailouts, etc.     

wars in libya too.  Fckin libs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »

240 - was this a smart thingfor biden to say? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »

Is your 50,000th post going to be reserved for something special? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
Is your 50,000th post going to be reserved for something special? 

lol yeah, you'll totally beat me to 50k

240 - was this a smart thingfor biden to say? 

Biden never says anything smart.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
So are we the slaves revolting? 

I'm just  confused at Bidens' statement?    Is he saying Unions are like the slave masters keeping us from revolting?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
Biden mentions rape in criticizing Republicans
The Hill ^ | 3/18/11 | Sam Youngman

Vice President Joe Biden, speaking at a fundraiser in Philadelphia Friday, compared Republicans in Congress to people who excuse rapists by blaming their victims.

The vice president, known for speaking his mind and at times putting his foot in his mouth, said that Republicans who want to cut spending while at the same time cutting taxes for the wealthy are similar to rape apologists. In setting up his comparison, the vice president explained to the audience that before the Violence Against Women Act that he championed was passed into law, “there was this attitude in our society of blaming the

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
Biden Likens GOP Economic Strategy to Blaming Rape Victims
Published March 19, 2011
FoxNews.com

Ratcheting up the rhetoric in the Washington budget battle, Vice President Biden on Friday likened the Republican strategy of seeking to slash federal spending while championing tax breaks for the wealthy to rape victims being blamed for the rape.

At a lavish Philadelphia fundraising luncheon that raised $400,000 for Democratic congressional campaigns, Biden began his attack on Republicans by crediting the 1994 Violence Against Women Act that he and former Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter (who was in attendance) authored for changing society's attitude about blaming rape victims.

"When a woman got raped, blame her because she was wearing a skirt too short, she looked the wrong way or she wasn't home in time to make dinner," he said. "We've gotten by that."

Then Biden turned his focus to the current spending debate in which Democrats and Republicans are fighting over how much to cut from the federal budget.

"But it's amazing how these Republicans, the right wing of this party – whose philosophy threw us into this godawful hole we're in, gave us the tremendous deficit we've inherited – that they're now using the very economic condition they have created to blame the victim – whether it's organized labor or ordinary middle-class working men and women," he said.

"It's bizarre," he added.

Biden's comments came on the same day that President Obama signed another stopgap measure to keep the government running for another three weeks. The measure cuts $6 billion in spending – on top of the $4 billion in cuts from a two-week extension passed earlier this month -- and buys the White House and congressional leaders more time to negotiate a larger bill to cover the daily operations of the government through the end of September.

Republicans, alarmed over record deficits and debt, want to cut $61.5 billion from current spending levels while Democrats, seeking to protect what they see as critical programs, want to cut far less.

If the two sides aren't able to reach an agreement, a partial government shutdown looms April 8.

A bipartisan group of 64 senators – 32 in each party – sent a letter to the president on Friday calling on him to take the lead in forging a sweeping deficit reduction plan along the lines of what his own deficit commission recommended last year. That plan called for a sweeping overhaul of the tax code that would exchange dozens of costly tax breaks for lower individual and corporate rates, cut Social Security benefits and slash spending across the budget.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/19/biden-compares-gop-economic-strategy-blaming-rape-victims/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »
Beach -can you merge my other thread in to this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
Beach -can you merge my other thread in to this?

Done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
Done.

LOL.  Every time he opens his mouth thisthread could be updated.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2011, 11:31:26 AM »
LOL.  Every time he opens his mouth thisthread could be updated.   

I just went through the thread again.  I still can't believe this guy is VP.   :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2011, 11:04:39 AM »
Joe Biden: ‘Framers Intended to Grant Congress Power to Initiate All Hostilities, Even Limited Wars’
Cybercast News Service ^ | 3/21/11 | Terence P. Jeffrey

After studying the constitutional language governing the use of military force and the debates that the Framers had on the issue, Joe Biden determined that the Founding Fathers had vested the power to authorize even the limited use of military force in the Congress not the president---unless it was necessary for the president to act swiftly to repel an attack on the United States or to rescue U.S. citizens. Biden derided the opposite position—that the president could use military force without congressional authorization—as a “monarchist” view of presidential power. That was in 1998, however, when Biden was in the Senate.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
Joe Biden: ‘Framers Intended to Grant Congress Power to Initiate All Hostilities, Even Limited Wars’
Cybercast News Service ^ | 3/21/11 | Terence P. Jeffrey

After studying the constitutional language governing the use of military force and the debates that the Framers had on the issue, Joe Biden determined that the Founding Fathers had vested the power to authorize even the limited use of military force in the Congress not the president---unless it was necessary for the president to act swiftly to repel an attack on the United States or to rescue U.S. citizens. Biden derided the opposite position—that the president could use military force without congressional authorization—as a “monarchist” view of presidential power. That was in 1998, however, when Biden was in the Senate.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Let's see how honest these folks are. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Well at least he didn't put his foot in his mouth. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2011, 06:42:21 AM »

Biden To Union: If "You Guys Vote Republican ... You're On Your Own Jack!"
Related Videos | expand

"And don't any of you, by the way, any of you guys vote Republican. I'm not supposed to say, this isn't political ... Don't come to me if you do! You're on your own, Jack!," Vice President Joe Biden said to Teamsters union members at a convention in Las Vegas.

"Your logo is a horse's head," he said. "Theirs should be the horse's other end," Biden said of Republicans.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
Biden: Tea partiers like 'terrorists'
Politico ^ | 8/1/11 | JONATHAN ALLEN & JOHN BRESNAHAN

Vice President Joe Biden joined House Democrats in lashing tea party Republicans Monday, accusing them of having “acted like terrorists” in the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit.

Biden was agreeing with a line of argument made by Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.) at a two-hour, closed-door Democratic Caucus meeting.

“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”

Biden, driven by his Democratic allies’ misgivings about the debt-limit deal, responded: “They have acted like terrorists,” according to several sources in the room.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2011, 04:04:39 AM »
Joe Biden on Shooting Victim Gabrielle Giffords: “She’s Now a Member of Cracked Head Club Like Me”
The Gateway Pundit ^ | 8/1/11 | Jim Hoft

You just can’t make this up. Oaf Joe Biden told reporters he joked with shooting victim about “cracked heads.”

Vice President Joe Biden, with a big smile on his face, walked to the House floor and said, “I came to see Gabby, that’s why I’m here.”

…When Biden was asked about what he spoke with Giffords about, he joked, “She’s now a member of the cracked head club like me.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
In China, Biden pulls punches, not punch lines

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-china-biden-humour-idUSTRE77I34V20110819

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden attends a discussion with U.S. and Chinese business leaders at Beijing Hotel in Beijing August 19, 2011.

Credit: Reuters/Lintao Zhang/Pool

BEIJING | Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:00am EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, in China on a five-day charm mission, has worked hard with his hosts to inject a little amity into the sometimes fractious relationship, pulling punches but not his punch lines.

On Thursday, China's vice president and likely leader-in-waiting, Xi Jinping, met Biden at the Great Hall of the People.

"Good to see you again," Xi said. "I know you are very busy with national affairs at home."

"You ARE national affairs," Biden told his counterpart from the United States' largest creditor.

After on a stroll up the red carpet, Biden found a familiar face during introductions to the Chinese delegation.

"Remember what I told you last time: if I had hair like yours I'd be president," the 68-year-old VP with a well-groomed but receding silver hairline said.

Pleasantries out of the way, Xi and Biden got down to real issues -- shoring up prospects for Sino-American relations and offering a dose of optimism about the U.S. economy.

Then it was time for lunch. But Biden was chicken when it came to having guts.

Eating at a tiny Beijing restaurant renowned for its fried liver and pig intestines, the vice president balked: "Noodles or dumplings."

That meal for five, which included the new U.S. ambassador to China Gary Locke and Biden's granddaughter, cost about 79 yuan ($12), and seemed to have struck the right chord with Chinese microbloggers.

By noon the next day tens of thousands had weighed in on the lunch, many admiring the careful choreography to show how wisely Americans spend their money. Lend away, China.

After a good meal, it was back to business at the Great Hall, where he met with the Chairman of China's National People's Congress, Wu Bangguo.

Biden apologized to members of the Chinese delegation who had to listen to him speak "again and again and again."

He did not, however, apologize to the media.

Wu reminisced about the two leaders' last meeting in D.C.

"I remember I said to you back then that your office was exquisite, but not very big," Wu said.

"Very diplomatic," Biden quipped.

More diplomatic, anyway, than the Georgetown Hoyas and China's Bayi Military Rockets basketball teams, who ended a "friendly" match that night across town, not with Biden-esque jokes off the cuff, but with fisticuffs.

Best to leave the diplomacy to the professionals, who know the value of a little self-deprecating office humor.

"I used to have an important job when I was chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee," Biden told Wu. "I had a big office, large staff. Then I became vice president."

Members of the press pool speculated that joke, at least, may have been lost in translation.

(Reporting by Michael Martina, editing Miral Fahmy)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
Joe Biden Says He Has Been Able 'to Literally Meet Every Major World Leader in the Last 38 Years'
The Telegraph ^ | August 21st, 2011 | Toby Harnden
Posted on August 21, 2011 10:59:17 PM EDT by nickcarraway

Vice President Joe Biden may have managed to cure his own stammer but he still appears to be pathologically incapable of speaking of his own accomplishments without exaggerating. In an address he made today to students at Sichuan University in China today (full text, as emailed out by the White House, here), he stated that he has had “an opportunity to literally meet every major world leader in the last 38 years”.

The statement came in response to a questioner who praised him as an “accomplished public speaker” and asked him about the role public speaking had played in his life. First, Biden compared himself to King George VI, apart from ”the royal blood and the money”:

I don’t know whether you’ve had an opportunity to see a movie that has gotten worldwide circulation called “The King’s Speech”. Well, but for the royal blood and the money, that could have been me. I was a serious stutterer when I was in school as a child, as a high school student, and even into college. And I practiced very, very hard by myself, standing in front of a mirror, trying to annunciate without contorting my face.

Having promised to “order my thoughts here to make this as brief as I can”, Biden went on a rambling meditation about how ”the most important thing to look to in a leader’s speech is not the elegance or the rhetorical flourish of his or her comments, but the judgment of whether or not you believe they are sincere in what they’re saying”. Which could sound to some like a veiled shot at Obama.

Next, Biden provoked laughter by imitating a stammerer and then says that it is offensive to laugh. Then he professed himself to be embarrassed that he cannot speak Chinese:

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.telegraph.co.uk ...