Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

Just lost our rescue Yorkie

(1/2) > >>

Agnostic007:
Wife had to have another dog to keep our 7 year old Yorkie company. I compromised and allowed her to adopt 7 year old.  The foster mother embellished her attributes, quirks and downplayed her problems. So we ended up with what was really a 5 year old Yorkie that had grew up in a cage and had no social skills, no potty training. 7 years later she still didn't care for other dogs, or many people but was totally devoted to my wife and I. we had to put her down yesterday due to so many issues and her struggling to breath. I know I'm not alone it feeling the pain of losing a small member of the family. The house feels so empty at the moment.

knny187:
For many people the relationship with out pets become very close.   Pets have an unconditional relationship with their owners. 

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on September 08, 2019, 06:47:40 PM ---Wife had to have another dog to keep our 7 year old Yorkie company. I compromised and allowed her to adopt 7 year old.  The foster mother embellished her attributes, quirks and downplayed her problems. So we ended up with what was really a 5 year old Yorkie that had grew up in a cage and had no social skills, no potty training. 7 years later she still didn't care for other dogs, or many people but was totally devoted to my wife and I. we had to put her down yesterday due to so many issues and her struggling to breath. I know I'm not alone it feeling the pain of losing a small member of the family. The house feels so empty at the moment.

--- End quote ---

Sorry for your loss pal. Don't know how I missed this post two months ago. Hope you are feeling better.

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on November 17, 2019, 08:11:16 AM ---Sorry for your loss pal. Don't know how I missed this post two months ago. Hope you are feeling better.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.. I'm good. Wife is baby sitting our neighbors dog while they are on vacation so it is helping her.

illuminati:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on September 08, 2019, 06:47:40 PM ---Wife had to have another dog to keep our 7 year old Yorkie company. I compromised and allowed her to adopt 7 year old.  The foster mother embellished her attributes, quirks and downplayed her problems. So we ended up with what was really a 5 year old Yorkie that had grew up in a cage and had no social skills, no potty training. 7 years later she still didn't care for other dogs, or many people but was totally devoted to my wife and I. we had to put her down yesterday due to so many issues and her struggling to breath. I know I'm not alone it feeling the pain of losing a small member of the family. The house feels so empty at the moment.

--- End quote ---

That’s very tough - They Leave such a big emptiness in our lives
As this is a late reply - how are you both now, Has the heartache eased ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version