Author Topic: The Fink passed away.  (Read 8397 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: The Fink passed away.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 09:45:07 AM »
Yes indeed...RIP Howard Finkle..

Veteran ring announcer Howard Finkel has passed away at the age of 69, a statement from the WWE has confirmed.

Finkel, known as ‘The Fink’, made his ring announcing debut in 1977 at Madison Square Garden for the WWWF, before the organisation came to be known as the WWE.

He continued in that role for over two decades before moving into a part-time announcing position and primarily working for the WWE in a behind-the-scenes capacity.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 06:05:10 AM »
Lots of "the voice of my childhood" comments & memes floating around, which is what I first thought when I read the news this week.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I've been working longer hours because of the pandemic, and by the time I got to sit down in front of my home computer (I don't post here from my phone), the damn site was down!

I almost had to stop to think if this was the Arnold or Olympia weekend...LOL
Seriously, these days & weeks are like a black hole for many of us right now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 06:44:03 AM »
Lots of "the voice of my childhood" comments & memes floating around, which is what I first thought when I read the news this week.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I've been working longer hours because of the pandemic, and by the time I got to sit down in front of my home computer (I don't post here from my phone), the damn site was down!

I almost had to stop to think if this was the Arnold or Olympia weekend...LOL
Seriously, these days & weeks are like a black hole for many of us right now.
Mine too. Listening to him announce a new champion back in the eighties when titles actually meant something and didn't change often was somewhat spectacular. Miss the Fink.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »
Mine too. Listening to him announce a new champion back in the eighties when titles actually meant something and didn't change often was somewhat spectacular. Miss the Fink.

x2, my Friend.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »

Indeed. Since 1991, the WWF title started doing the hot potato. Ultimate Warrior, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, and finally the belt was vacated.

Granted, Slaughter and Taker were transitional champions. But, still......

For the PPVs, Saturday Night's Main Event, even WWF superstars, Finkel's voice made the matches mean something. Even when he introduced the jobbers (or human-punching-bags, as I call them when I was a kid), Finkel made them sound like a million bucks, even if they were worth 50 cent.