Getbig Alternative Boards > Y Board - The Player's Club

Moving is a bitch!

<< < (17/31) > >>

CalvinH:
Rookie mistake,

...getting a snow storm and forgot to bring in firewood last night >:(

CalvinH:
We saw a bobcat in a neighbors yard over the weekend.

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on February 14, 2022, 07:45:44 AM ---We saw a bobcat in a neighbors yard over the weekend.

--- End quote ---

Neighbors probably just doing some landscaping.

Notomorrow:
     Hope you're doing it yourself. ALL moving companies will rob you blind. Whatever lower cost they give on one thing, they'll make up it on another.
     When I was in college I was broke and worked in sales for a moving company in Los Angeles for a while. It was the most corrupt shit I ever saw.
     You want to do long distance rate? We'll do it by weight but the scale is in a transportation station where we have guys and your items will always come in over what the moving company estimated. Or just do hourly or a local rate. We'll fuck you on gas charges, traffic, weather, long distance carries, stair charges. Assembly/reassembly charges for unscrewing a lampshade.

So triple the fucking estimate. Better yet, get a U-Haul. 

CalvinH:

--- Quote from: Notomorrow on February 15, 2022, 09:05:18 PM ---     Hope you're doing it yourself. ALL moving companies will rob you blind. Whatever lower cost they give on one thing, they'll make up it on another.
     When I was in college I was broke and worked in sales for a moving company in Los Angeles for a while. It was the most corrupt shit I ever saw.
     You want to do long distance rate? We'll do it by weight but the scale is in a transportation station where we have guys and your items will always come in over what the moving company estimated. Or just do hourly or a local rate. We'll fuck you on gas charges, traffic, weather, long distance carries, stair charges. Assembly/reassembly charges for unscrewing a lampshade.

So triple the fucking estimate. Better yet, get a U-Haul.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice!

….you’re only over a year late…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version