Getbig Main Boards > General Topics

Electric cars to get more expensive as battery costs soar

<< < (2/4) > >>

Irongrip400:
I rode in my buddies Tesla the other week and was very surprised at how quick it accelerated. Once they get the road tractor set up, I’ll look into buying one.

ThisisOverload:

--- Quote from: Irongrip400 on November 15, 2021, 07:13:35 PM ---I rode in my buddies Tesla the other week and was very surprised at how quick it accelerated. Once they get the road tractor set up, I’ll look into buying one.

--- End quote ---

Instant torque from an electric motor.

I admit they are fun to drive.

IroNat:
Electric cars lack this...

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: IroNat on November 08, 2021, 04:35:12 AM ---https://news.yahoo.com/electric-cars-more-expensive-battery-172545999.html

"The cost of lithium battery cells is rising for the first time after years of decline, with strained lithium supplies adding to rising prices of other cell materials.

Chinese battery producers are said to be writing to customers looking to renegotiate contracts, including moving away from fixed pricing structures.

The high upfront costs of electric cars is considered a key factor preventing consumers from making the switch from petrol or diesel. They are cheaper to run, but it can take years to recover upfront costs."

--- End quote ---

This is my take on electric cars. They are too expensive for not enough savings down the road. Easy for me to say. I have a going on 6 year old car with less than 30,000 miles. And yes, it is my only vehicle. It has a 10 gal tank which I maybe fill once a month...occasionally twice. It gets between 28 and 32 mpg. 

IroNat:
A Toyota Prius does not make financial sense against comparative gas fueled cars.

Tesla cars make even less sense financially.  People buy them for emotional reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version