Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Koreans in Iraq

(1/6) > >>

Dos Equis:
A friend of mine who is on R & R from Iraq showed be a DVD of Koreans in Iraq.  I was extremely impressed.  They're training soldiers, building schools, hospitals, parks, etc.  The Iraqis love them.  I have never seen the media highlight this.

What I've seen on the front page of CNN.com the past few days is screaming and wounded Iraqis.  No front page stories of the good taking place in Iraq. 

I hate the media.   

amc1980:
There was video of a Korean in Iraq over on Ogrish.

If I'm being a 100% honest, he didn't look that happy to be there.

Dos Equis:
I don't think there are many soldiers who are "happy" to be in combat, getting shot at, dying, etc. 

ribonucleic:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on February 04, 2007, 10:14:27 AM ---What I've seen on the front page of CNN.com the past few days is screaming and wounded Iraqis. No front page stories of the good taking place in Iraq. 

--- End quote ---

No, what you've seen on CNN is some weeping women and maybe an unconscious body being lifted on to a truck.

This is because your news is censored. [Self-censored, sure. But it amounts to the same thing.] People in other parts of the world get to see how your tax money is actually being put to work...

Go tell their families how much good is taking place in Iraq.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: ribonucleic on February 04, 2007, 12:34:40 PM ---No, what you've seen on CNN is some weeping women and maybe an unconscious body being lifted on to a truck.

This is because your news is censored. [Self-censored, sure. But it amounts to the same thing.] People in other parts of the world get to see how your tax money is actually being put to work...

Go tell their families how much good is taking place in Iraq.

--- End quote ---

Oh brother.   ::)  My initial point was about Korean soldiers, the good they are doing in Iraq, and how the media fails to report the good news.  One of my buddies is in a hospital in Iraq assisting with medical care to Americans and Iraqis, including wounded insurgents.  The media doesn't report this.  Your graphic pictures don't refute that good news.  I have a liberal friend who likes to send me pictures of wounded and dead Iraqis.  The limbless boy is one of her favorites.  Typical M.O.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version