Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Ribonucleic - Answer For Your US/Iraq Arms Deceit

(1/7) > >>

BRUCE:
Recently, Ribonucleic has made posts on this board alleging that the US was partly responsible for the mass murder of Kurds in Northern Iraq, orchestrated by Saddam Hussein’s evil regime.  His reasoning behind this was that The United States sold Iraq chemical weapons during this period, with full knowledge they would be used as such – the purpose of this post is to prove that this is, in fact false.  RN’s posts are as follows (others, including 240, have also made such accusations):

--- Quote from: ribonucleic on February 03, 2007, 09:31:23 PM ---
You seem to have conveniently forgot (or perhaps are too ignorant to have learned in the first place) that the Kurds were gassed with chemical weapons we sold Saddam Hussein back when he was our pal. See Rumsfeld shaking hands with him?

Seems to me a simpler way of defending the Kurds would have been not to sell Saddam Hussein the chemical weapons he used to kill them. Hmm?

--- End quote ---

Interesting accusations.  Unfortunately for our poor-researched cohort, he is badly mistaken, please read on.

Below is an article written by Australian journalist Andrew Bolt in response to similar claims made on his website - Andrew has happily emailed me this information this morning, and I thank him for it:

The living, too. One "expert" then says, without contradiction, that "George Bush (the father), when he was vice-president . . . actually set up Saddam Hussein, actually backed him, actually put him in power".
More lies. Bush wasn't elected vice-president until 1981, two years after Saddam, long Iraq's true boss, made himself president.

Then we're told Bush Sr "armed and financed Saddam", sending biological materials for weapons to "Saddam's military laboratories", while Bechtel built "the factories that would enable Saddam to produce WMDs" -- biological and chemical weapons.

The truth to this popular lie? As a US Senate inquiry found, America's Centers for Disease Control and the non-profit American Type Culture Collection did send Iraq biological materials in the 1980s, thinking they would be used there as they were in other countries - to develop treatments for animal and human diseases.

These were sent not to "military laboratories", but mostly to universities and health officials, who secretly passed on some to scientists working on Iraq's WMD. You know, on the weapons this same film also claims "never" existed.

United Nations weapons inspectors have said the US officials responsible were simply "naive", and no evidence suggests any worse.

As for Bechtel, it won a bid to build two legitimate petro-chemical plants in Iraq that could have made by-products used in mustard or nerve gas. But Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait cut short Bechtel's work.
Nor did the US "arm" Saddam. The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute found more than 80 per cent of the weapons Iraq imported from 1973 to 2002 came from the three nations which tried hardest to save Saddam -- Russia, France and China. Germany was also the biggest supplier to Iraq's chemical weapons program, say UN records.

US "arms sales" to Iraq amounted to just four helicopters two decades ago -- all sold to private buyers, but seized by Iraq's military.

Also, see this link:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:QYCDY4KeWy0J:blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/what_weapons_of_mass_destruction/asc/P0+%22andrew+bolt%22+sipri&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3

Please feel free to conduct some further research into this, RN.  Particularly note the influence of the UN, The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute and a US Senate Inquiry in the above evidence.  You will find they all support the facts given above, not your abhorrent lies concerning the actions of the US during this period.  Do you agree that these three bodies have acted honestly and presented the facts for our consideration?  Look and see.

The question we other board members need to ask ourselves is this: for what reason would a person actually be willing to believe such outright deceit and falsity?

And herein lays the answer:

--- Quote from: ribonucleic on February 03, 2007, 10:03:11 PM ---
And you're absolutely right on the central point: I want us to lose.  Did you think I would deny it - or be embarrassed by the accusation? Far from it.

You're god-damned right I want us to lose.

--- End quote ---

You have ulterior motives here, my friend.  You hate the US and everything it stands for, so you will believe the utmost worst, no matter what the evidence suggests.  Beware – board - people that will deliberately buy into such fantasies.  Be able to notice the difference between members that are interested in seeking the truth, and those that stake their reputation in the growing fantasies, deceptions and outright lies.

--- Quote from: ribonucleic on February 03, 2007, 10:03:11 PM ---
We both condemn terrorism. The only difference between us is that I think people with brown skin count and you don't.

--- End quote ---

Do you, then why is it these 'brown skin' people, as you so simplistically address them, not deserve you to speak the truth of their demise?  The reality is you have let your bias against the US cloud your better judgement, and condemned yourself to just another left-wing ideologue.

Ribonucleic, you have a lot to answer for.  I await your response.

240 is Back:
"The truth to this popular lie? As a US Senate inquiry found, America's Centers for Disease Control and the non-profit American Type Culture Collection did send Iraq biological materials in the 1980s, thinking they would be used there as they were in other countries - to develop treatments for animal and human diseases. "

What disease cure would they be looking for with mustard gas?

BRUCE:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on February 04, 2007, 06:27:49 PM ---"The truth to this popular lie? As a US Senate inquiry found, America's Centers for Disease Control and the non-profit American Type Culture Collection did send Iraq biological materials in the 1980s, thinking they would be used there as they were in other countries - to develop treatments for animal and human diseases. "

What disease cure would they be looking for with mustard gas?

--- End quote ---

Good try, 240 - please read these in depth reports and tell me where mustard gas was sent by the US to Iraq.  Or, no doubt, you will apologise for this falsity, and others you have told regarding this issue.

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: BRUCE on February 04, 2007, 06:43:38 PM ---Good try, 240 - please read these in depth reports and tell me where mustard gas was sent by the US to Iraq.  Or, no doubt, you will apologise for this falsity, and others you have told regarding this issue.

--- End quote ---

Can you list these falsities?

BRUCE:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on February 04, 2007, 06:56:47 PM ---Can you list these falsities?

--- End quote ---

Excuse me?  You want me to prove something that hasn't happened? You're a fool.

Care to address my above post regarding your allegations that the US provided Saddam with chemical and biological weapons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version