Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829987 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1625 on: April 15, 2008, 09:31:25 AM »
Thank LUV. Tennis elbow can be a bitch. I've got a little bit in mine but when they flare up I just either change my routine or take a coulple days off of upper body. In September I was injured at work - I've learned since that I've got some nerve damage in my left elbow. Which causes pain, welling, & a shitload of numbness. The only thing I've really changed is my routine. I find it difficult to train chest with any pressing movements. It's also difficult to do deadlifts anymore - because I lost about helf my grip strength (it's slowly coming back). 

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1626 on: April 15, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »
Please tell me this is your own personal picture you took one night.  Us married guys have to live vicariously through the single guys.

Unfortunately, I can not take credit for this shot.  :'(

But if we are pretending, sure, it was us one night a couple bottles of wine  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1627 on: April 16, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »
It's official!

This Friday will be the 1 year anniversary of my ACL reconstruction.

so, since i was cleared to do "what ever i want" by my surgeon last week i decided to "test" my knee last night... ;)

Front squats

135x10
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x10
275x10

Then the "widow maker"...

Back squat

135x68...damn near fell over and was breathing like a locomotive!

Arnold, i remember you doing something like this a while back and i must say my legs are so damn sore i can barely walk up and down stairs this morning. last night after dinner i went to get up off the couch and couldn't stand up without using my hands to help push off.

It's amazing how fast i have recovered but my strength is still shit compared to what it was before i tore my ACL...well, at least my legs are growing like crazy.

This Saturday i will test my knee on high rep deadlifts... :)

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1628 on: April 16, 2008, 07:59:11 AM »
Yeah details were sketchy.  Just some terrible injury, I think he refered to it as "tennis elbow" and that it prevented him from doing skull crushers and subsequently having to pull out of his first show before he even started prep.  I think he did some acupuncture and took some special medicine AJ had and it helped some but not enough.  Thats all I have, he was very vague with the details.

Actually this injury is very common with bodybuilders who train arms too often or go too heavy.

i haven't trained arms in almost a year and my arms are better than ever with no elbow pain at all.

i remember in some of my Kinesiology classes in college, my professor used to tell us that direct arm training should be kept VERY light and high rep. this professor was a 4 time powerlifting champion...

In school we referred to skull crushers as "elbow destroyers", they put your elbows in a bind so injuries associated with SC are very likely. I've never been able to do SC my entire life without pain.

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1629 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »
First off all BusyB, best pic ever...
My vote goes for the last on the right.

It's official!

This Friday will be the 1 year anniversary of my ACL reconstruction.

Time sure goes by fast!

I've been training since i was a kid (literally) and used really heavy weights from day one and haven't had any injuries. Well, except some shoulder pain and small aches and such, but it all goes with the territory. I guess i've been lucky.  Of course sometimes you have to use a little lighter weights and really go for the pump to avoid those injuries and to grow some more.

The only "real" injury i ever had was non-bb related, i tore both of my calves in the army and got some "great" health care, but thankfully they don't bother me either (anymore)...

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1630 on: April 16, 2008, 09:22:13 AM »
I had knee surgery about nine months ago and have been afraid to squat - even though the doc cleared me.  I'm going to give it a go soon. My legs just won't get back to the same size otherwise.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1631 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
Extensions on a decline seems to take a lot of pressure off my elbows.

Feel the tri working much better on a decline bench and reps @ about 10-12.  ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1632 on: April 16, 2008, 11:03:52 AM »
I had knee surgery about nine months ago and have been afraid to squat - even though the doc cleared me.  I'm going to give it a go soon. My legs just won't get back to the same size otherwise.

What type of surgery did you have?

i had a full ACL reconstruction where they took a part of my hamstring and used it for the new ACL. my right leg is still smaller than my left but it is catching up quickly due to lots of lunges.

i was doing squats and lunges in physical therapy 6 weeks after surgery.

Depending on the surgery, you should have done an extensive physical therapy protocol to get everything back to normal and squats should have been part of it.

1 year after surgery and i'm running sprints with cleats on, running stair drills, jumping up and down off platforms, side to side agility drills, squats, deadlifts...etc.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1633 on: April 16, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »

Then the "widow maker"...

Back squat

135x68...damn near fell over and was breathing like a locomotive!

Arnold, i remember you doing something like this a while back and i must say my legs are so damn sore i can barely walk up and down stairs this morning. last night after dinner i went to get up off the couch and couldn't stand up without using my hands to help push off.

8)

LOL, you remember that! Yeah that was torture beyond anything I can ever remember in the gym....110 reps at 150lbs...it took me every bit of 2 wks to feel right after that.

Extensions on a decline seems to take a lot of pressure off my elbows.

Feel the tri working much better on a decline bench and reps @ about 10-12.  ;)
Never tried that but I do like these on an incline bench....it's much easier on the elbows too.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1634 on: April 16, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »
LOL, you remember that! Yeah that was torture beyond anything I can ever remember in the gym....110 reps at 150lbs...it took me every bit of 2 wks to feel right after that.

I have an exceptional memory!!!  ;)

Honestly, after i did my last set of front squats i was pondering to myself "how can i REALLY test this knee"? well, your post from long ago came to mind so i slapped 135 on there, turned the Tiesto up full blast and went to fucking town! the first 40 were actually very easy reps and then i would do 5-6 reps, breathe, 5-6 reps, breathe....and so on. i almost fell over on number 68 and my training partner helped me stabilize and rack the bar. i had to sit down for about 3 minutes before i did hamstrings...i must say Arnold, you are a bad mofo to crank out 110 reps with 150 pounds. Props to you and your drive to put yourself through this kind of torture...i think walking will be tough for at least 5 days.  ;D

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1635 on: April 16, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
Man, always loved Melissa Coates  ;)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1636 on: April 16, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »
I have an exceptional memory!!!  ;)

Honestly, after i did my last set of front squats i was pondering to myself "how can i REALLY test this knee"? well, your post from long ago came to mind so i slapped 135 on there, turned the Tiesto up full blast and went to fucking town! the first 40 were actually very easy reps and then i would do 5-6 reps, breathe, 5-6 reps, breathe....and so on. i almost fell over on number 68 and my training partner helped me stabilize and rack the bar. i had to sit down for about 3 minutes before i did hamstrings...i must say Arnold, you are a bad mofo to crank out 110 reps with 150 pounds. Props to you and your drive to put yourself through this kind of torture...i think walking will be tough for at least 5 days.  ;D

8)

Bro, I'm not going to lie, I had a special motivating factor in play that day or else I would not have been able to do that. Even so, if you remember, the actual goal was 200 reps, so in essence I fell short.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #1637 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
Bro, I'm not going to lie, I had a special motivating factor in play that day or else I would not have been able to do that. Even so, if you remember, the actual goal was 200 reps, so in essence I fell short.
care to expand on this statement?? 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1638 on: April 16, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
care to expand on this statement?? 
In this case, no, I'm keeping this to myself...sorry.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1639 on: April 18, 2008, 05:56:07 AM »
Just had to share this: While driving to work this morning I heard Bobby Brown's "Humpin' Around". Brought back memories.  :'(

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1640 on: April 18, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
Just had to share this: While driving to work this morning I heard Bobby Brown's "Humpin' Around". Brought back memories.  :'(

Hahahahahahahaha...

Yesterday i heard "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. i almost wrecked my car laughing so hard. Sadly, i used to like that song when it came out...  :-\

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1641 on: April 18, 2008, 06:53:43 AM »

Hahahahahahahaha...

Yesterday i heard "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. i almost wrecked my car laughing so hard. Sadly, i used to like that song when it came out...  :-\

8)

I got XM Radio in my car & I hear Ice Ice baby  about twice a week.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1642 on: April 18, 2008, 07:25:26 AM »
I got XM Radio in my car & I hear Ice Ice baby  about twice a week.

Yup, that's where i heard it. i have XM in my Mustang and i listen to the streaming audio feature on my PC at work.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1643 on: April 18, 2008, 07:34:33 AM »
I love the XM Radio. I like talk radio when I drive so you can almost always find something.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1644 on: April 18, 2008, 01:29:39 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha...

8)

Yeah. yeah thats cause V. Ice was rolling in a 5.0   8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1645 on: April 18, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »
 8)

I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in OVERLOADS 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1646 on: April 18, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
8)

I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in OVERLOADS 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine

Hahah made me chuckle  :)  Thats what I was thinking

Must bring you back home Busy.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1647 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
Hahah made me chuckle  :)  Thats what I was thinking

Must bring you back home Busy.

Yeah, but I was rollin' in a 88 Honda Civic with 2 x 12" Cerwin Vegas pounding!

We used to go drink beer out in the middle of no-where and have stero wars, fucking classic times!!!  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1648 on: April 18, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »
Yeah, but I was rollin' in a 88 Honda Civic with 2 x 12" Cerwin Vegas pounding!

We used to go drink beer out in the middle of no-where and have stero wars, fucking classic times!!!  ;D

Yeah good times.

I just realized Vanilla was east coast and those were Miami referances and not cali.  LOL what a trip. Dude was born in Texas, maybe thats why Over liked him too  ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1649 on: April 18, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
Yeah good times.

I just realized Vanilla was east coast and those were Miami referances and not cali.  LOL what a trip. Dude was born in Texas, maybe thats why Over liked him too  ;D

LOL, Cali was reserved for the gansta rappers.

NWA BITCHES!!!  8)

That is about when Vanilla and Hammer died. RIP  :'(