Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829983 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
CIGAR HELP QUICK!
« Reply #2075 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
Should I buy a box of Naturals Dirt or Naturals Jucy Lucy Cigars (both are made by Drew Estate - the guy(s) who make Acid cigars). I need help deciding - I'll be buying it in two hours.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: CIGAR HELP QUICK!
« Reply #2076 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »
Should I buy a box of Naturals Dirt or Naturals Jucy Lucy Cigars (both are made by Drew Estate - the guy(s) who make Acid cigars). I need help deciding - I'll be buying it in two hours.

I don't know much about cigars, but Jucy Lucy just sounds better!

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2078 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »
The first single from the New Metallica album is out. if you had any doubts about the quality of the album this time or if they could still produce good metal, doubts should be gone after hearing this.

I'm sorry, if you don't like this, you have no ear for metal.

Very much a ballad type at the beginning but gets very Metallicaish at the later part of the single...very good mix...reminiscent of Fade to Black, Creeping Death and The Thing That Should Not Be.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2079 on: August 22, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Since we're talking about music. Just got Weezer tickets today.

4thAD

« Reply #2080 on: August 24, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2081 on: August 25, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »
The first single from the New Metallica album is out. if you had any doubts about the quality of the album this time or if they could still produce good metal, doubts should be gone after hearing this.

I'm sorry, if you don't like this, you have no ear for metal.

Very much a ballad type at the beginning but gets very Metallicaish at the later part of the single...very good mix...reminiscent of Fade to Black, Creeping Death and The Thing That Should Not Be.

I am TRYING!!!! TRYING SO HARD to like this new album... :-\

but, it is just like LOAD and RELOAD in my eyes...same exact delivery.

Good, but not great.

Bring back "the four horsemen", "fight fire with fire", "Orion", "leper messiah"....etc.

They did "better" this time, but they will never be what they were...never.

8)

4thAD

« Reply #2082 on: August 25, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »

Good, but not great.

Bring back "the four horsemen", "fight fire with fire", "Orion", "leper messiah"....etc.

8)

Kinda have too agree here. Lars drums sound kinda like a drum machine, and kirks guitar sounds kind of generic. None of that soulful guru guitar sound that made him. Ive been a Metallica fan since they were playing in garages and real small clubs, and this has not done it for me yet.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2083 on: August 25, 2008, 08:11:31 AM »
Kinda have too agree here. Lars drums sound kinda like a drum machine, and kirks guitar sounds kind of generic. None of that soulful guru guitar sound that made him. Ive been a Metallica fan since they were playing in garages and real small clubs, and this has not done it for me yet.

I agree.

When i listen to their first 4 albums(kill'em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, and justice for all), there is just this perfect harmony of all the instruments working perfectly together.

This new album is not even close, but at least they are still trying...

I still listen to them all the time, they were one of the best bands ever IMO...only the 80's albums count. The black album killed them, but many like it for some reason. as soon as enter sandman became a hit, i knew they were done with...

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2084 on: August 25, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »

SlipKnot always has good stuff.

Good, but not great.

8)

Here's how I see it. The first 5 albums were great, "Kill'em All" is good simply because it's the first, but it's the next 3 that defined Metallica, "Ride the Lightning" "Master of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All." After that, the "Black Album" IMO is still one of the best....although different then the first 4 albums, it is still one of the best metal albums ever...better production quality then the first 4 and for whatever reason some people see that as not cool...I don't understand that.

Now the Load albums....good albums although not as good as the first 5. Even so, IMO, if any other metal/rock band had recorded those load albums, they wold have been huge hits. With Metallica it's like when an actor gets type cast, i.e. an actor becomes a huge action actor and he can do nothing else simply because people associate him with that only. IMO, some of the Load and Re-Load songs, "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" those songs are as Metallica as any other they ever did.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2085 on: August 25, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
Sorry to change subjects, but I gotta vent....I was doing weighted dips for chest tonight and on my second set I went down on the 9th rep and heard a tearing sound in my rear shoulder just under my rear delt. I'm in excruciating pain right now and it's swollen up a bit. No hemorrhaging as of yet (not sure if it will). This area has been a pain in the ass for me as it's constantly giving me trouble, always have to be very careful and I guess this time it just gave out. I'm not sure if it actually tore (I'm assuming it did) but it may have just pulled. I'm just fucking pissed right now because I'm in week 5 of a new cycle, which is when I usually start seeing my best gains and this is going to set me back....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2086 on: August 26, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »
Sorry to change subjects, but I gotta vent....I was doing weighted dips for chest tonight and on my second set I went down on the 9th rep and heard a tearing sound in my rear shoulder just under my rear delt. I'm in excruciating pain right now and it's swollen up a bit. No hemorrhaging as of yet (not sure if it will). This area has been a pain in the ass for me as it's constantly giving me trouble, always have to be very careful and I guess this time it just gave out. I'm not sure if it actually tore (I'm assuming it did) but it may have just pulled. I'm just fucking pissed right now because I'm in week 5 of a new cycle, which is when I usually start seeing my best gains and this is going to set me back....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, if it bruises, see an ortho quickly.

I have never felt comfortable while doing heavy dips, very easy exercise to get injured on.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2087 on: August 26, 2008, 07:20:15 AM »
SlipKnot always has good stuff.

Here's how I see it. The first 5 albums were great, "Kill'em All" is good simply because it's the first, but it's the next 3 that defined Metallica, "Ride the Lightning" "Master of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All." After that, the "Black Album" IMO is still one of the best....although different then the first 4 albums, it is still one of the best metal albums ever...better production quality then the first 4 and for whatever reason some people see that as not cool...I don't understand that.

Now the Load albums....good albums although not as good as the first 5. Even so, IMO, if any other metal/rock band had recorded those load albums, they wold have been huge hits. With Metallica it's like when an actor gets type cast, i.e. an actor becomes a huge action actor and he can do nothing else simply because people associate him with that only. IMO, some of the Load and Re-Load songs, "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" those songs are as Metallica as any other they ever did.

I agree with most of that.

The black album was completely different in every single way than the other albums. while i did like unforgiven and the god that failed, the rest were too mainstream for my taste. i judged the album a failure, but everyone else thought it was their best ever.

They went soft IMO.

Load/Reload have a few hits, but not my style of metal.

NOTHING will ever touch Kill'em All or Ride the Lightning...and that is the way it should be.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2088 on: August 26, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

Sorry to here that. Take care of yourself.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2089 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »

Brutal bro...Hope it is not torn...

Ultrasound helped my minor hammy tear heal up fast. Was skeptical but worked well. Good luck E!

4thAD

« Reply #2090 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »

Ahhh damn E. I hope your alright bro. Get it looked at bro, don't waste any time. Take care of yourself and keep us informed.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2091 on: August 26, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I iced it down last night and shot 10ius of GH into the area.  The swelling is way down this morning, no bruising or anything so hopefully it was just a bad pull.  I need to call my Ortho today to see if he can get me in to take a look at it.  Mobility is slightly better, but still very painful.

On a another note, some of you may have recalled I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a while back.  I went through 2 sleep studies and will finally be getting a CPAP machine, hopefully this week.  So some kind of good news along with the bad :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2092 on: August 26, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that Emmortal, nothing sucks like an injury. Like Overload mentioned, those heavy dips can be a disaster in waiting for a lot of guys...of course that doesn't help you much right now.

As hard as it might be, rest bro...in the end you'll probably come out even better.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2093 on: August 26, 2008, 01:35:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that Emmortal, nothing sucks like an injury. Like Overload mentioned, those heavy dips can be a disaster in waiting for a lot of guys...of course that doesn't help you much right now.

As hard as it might be, rest bro...in the end you'll probably come out even better.

Thanks bro.  I'm really tempted to go in and do legs today, but I can't even load plates lol.  I'm just going to rest the rest of the week and recoup.  And I won't be doing heavy dips anymore lol.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2094 on: August 26, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
Thanks bro.  I'm really tempted to go in and do legs today, but I can't even load plates lol.  I'm just going to rest the rest of the week and recoup.  And I won't be doing heavy dips anymore lol.
I know the feeling...but whatever you do, don't be like I used to be. Several times when I was younger and dumber, I would have an injury that was serious enough where I should have rested altogether but didn't. Long story short, it always made things worse.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2095 on: August 26, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
I know the feeling...but whatever you do, don't be like I used to be. Several times when I was younger and dumber, I would have an injury that was serious enough where I should have rested altogether but didn't. Long story short, it always made things worse.

Oh I know man, trust me.  Its hard fighting off the urge to train, but I definitely know better.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2096 on: August 26, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
Oh I know man, trust me.  Its hard fighting off the urge to train, but I definitely know better.

You are getting wise young man!

I have had a chronic elbow tendinitis (sp?) since my show. Taken the last two weeks off. Feel real small but once I am able to stay in a pushup stance without pain, will go back. Was affecting all lifts.

A lot of time out of the gym sucks but it is the only way to mend my friend  :'(

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2097 on: August 26, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Next New Metallica single...much harder, much faster.
&feature=related

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2098 on: August 26, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »

That's how I felt after my first cast was removed.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2099 on: August 27, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I iced it down last night and shot 10ius of GH into the area.  The swelling is way down this morning, no bruising or anything so hopefully it was just a bad pull.  I need to call my Ortho today to see if he can get me in to take a look at it.  Mobility is slightly better, but still very painful.

On a another note, some of you may have recalled I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a while back.  I went through 2 sleep studies and will finally be getting a CPAP machine, hopefully this week.  So some kind of good news along with the bad :)

Does spot injecting GH really work?