Author Topic: 'Batman' Sequel Is The First Feature To Shoot In 'Imax' Format  (Read 2636 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Upcoming Batman sequel The Dark Night will be the first feature film to contain footage shot in the IMAX format. Director Christopher Nolan will film four scenes, including the introduction of villain The Joker, played by Heath Ledger, in the follow-up to his own Batman Begins for IMAX cinemas. There are only 280 IMAX cinemas, which have screens up to eight stories high, worldwide - less than 100 of these screen feature films.

However Nolan believes the format is the future for action cinema. He says, "There's simply nothing like seeing a movie that way. It's more immersive for the audience. I wish I could shoot the entire thing this way. You can't do this on any home theatre. Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted The Joker to have the grandest entrance possible."

"I figure if you could take an IMAX camera to Mount Everest or outer space, you could use it in a feature movie."

Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: 'Batman' Sequel Is The First Feature To Shoot In 'Imax' Format
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:08:58 PM »
Yeah, it was on the front page of the entertainment section of The USA Today today. Unless you see it in Imax, the difference in quality won't be too noticeable.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:10:48 PM »
Yeah, it was on the front page of the entertainment section of The USA Today today. Unless you see it in Imax, the difference in quality won't be too noticeable.

im gonna get imax for my house
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:12:25 PM »
im gonna get imax for my house

We can't have 8 story houses where I live or I would too!
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
i hate restrictions like that

limits our freedom
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
i hate restrictions like that

limits our freedom

There is an airport about 5 miles away. I think thats why. No buildings over 2 stories near me till you get into the bigger cities. I hate it too, I would just add another story every time I got bored till it was high enough to have an elevator.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
There is an airport about 5 miles away. I think thats why. No buildings over 2 stories near me till you get into the bigger cities. I hate it too, I would just add another story every time I got bored till it was high enough to have an elevator.

it's just another type of bodybuilding
Z

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:47 AM »
Here is a pic of the Joker. I like the design. More realistic, not as cartoonish, mor sadistic.

Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:19:26 AM »
yes im all for bringing more reality to the movie and characters i think theyre going in the right direction for sure
Z