Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

More Liberal Censorship

<< < (151/163) > >>

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 25, 2023, 08:01:38 PM ---Why?  That isn't a test for being biased in favor of the truth.  A lot of people try and say being "unbiased" means you don't favor one side or the other.  That's BS.  Both "sides" are not created equal.  I hate the Republican Party, and they are full of spineless liars, but by and large they are not psychotic like the Democrat Party has become.  They're not pushing to have kids amputate their twig and berries and boobs and give them puberty blockers.  They don't say men can get pregnant.  They don't engage in massive censorship. 

What I often do is point out the chronic problems, dangers, and hypocrisy I see with liberals/progressives.  I don't need to do the same for conservatives and Republicans, because all you need to do for that is turn on or read almost any news sources.

--- End quote ---

I am a stickler for details so, warning, you will hate me for posting this little annoying fact, but the definition of bias is:
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
"there was evidence of bias against foreign applicants"

In reality, all people are products of their environment and so it is only natural we have some bias... which in practice really just means we have an opinion. It would be a sad world if none of us had an opinion about anything. In that were the case we'd be not much more than amoebae.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 26, 2023, 03:08:22 PM ---I am a stickler for details so, warning, you will hate me for posting this little annoying fact, but the definition of bias is:
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

In reality, all people are products of their environment and so it is only natural we have some bias... which in practice really just means we have an opinion. It would be a sad world if none of us had an opinion about anything. In that were the case we'd be not much more than amoebae.

--- End quote ---

You should be a stickler for the literal definition of words, as well as how people use and misuse those words. 

For example, the definition you posted includes "prejudice" and "unfair," both of which must be present if someone is biased.  But that's not how people often use "bias."  For example, I believe liberals/progressives are dangerously intolerant and censor opposing viewpoints.  That view is not the result of bias and it's not unfair, because it's an absolute fact.  But you folks will call it biased because it is directed at liberals/progressives. 

I agree people are a product of their environments, but it is possible to expose yourself to varying viewpoints and become a more informed, well rounded person.   

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 30, 2023, 01:51:47 PM ---You should be a stickler for the literal definition of words, as well as how people use and misuse those words. 

For example, the definition you posted includes "prejudice" and "unfair," both of which must be present if someone is biased.  But that's not how people often use "bias."  For example, I believe liberals/progressives are dangerously intolerant and censor opposing viewpoints.  That view is not the result of bias and it's not unfair, because it's an absolute fact.  But you folks will call it biased because it is directed at liberals/progressives. 

I agree people are a product of their environments, but it is possible to expose yourself to varying viewpoints and become a more informed, well rounded person.   

--- End quote ---

You posted "But you folks will call it biased... " Who are you folks? Saying this is prejudicial and unfair or at least inaccurate because you included folks who you don't know and you guess at what they and I mean, say and do.

Also, when you say, 'expose yourself', am I to take this as meaning me? You don't know what I expose myself to. Why not instead say oneself?

Dos Equis:
You folks refers to the disproportionate number of you liberals/progressives who are disconnected from reality, don't care about the facts, don't care about the Constitution, etc.

i don't need to be more precise.  i don't care enough.  It's not like I'm on here plagiarizing stuff.   :)

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 26, 2023, 03:08:22 PM ---I am a stickler for details so, warning, you will hate me for posting this little annoying fact, but the definition of bias is:

--- End quote ---

You’re not a stickler for details otherwise you would have at least known who Harmeet Dhillon was….at the least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version