Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 500267 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:49 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71739

Joss Whedon Discusses The Return Of Agent Coulson In MARVEL'S S.H.I.E.L.D

It's fair to say that Joss Whedon has something of a reputation for killing off beloved characters. It was inevitable then that SOMEONE would have to meet their maker in The Avengers, and it ended up being fan favourite, 'Agent Coulson' (played by Clark Gregg). However, it may comes as something of a surprise to you then that it was in fact not Whedon's decision to end his life in the superhero ensemble. "Coulson’s death was mandated in the first meeting by Kevin Feige. I can’t say that enough times. Apparently I have some kind of reputation that we won’t discuss right now, but I do love to kill people." So, if Marvel Studios want him dead, why bring him back in the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series? Well, the writer and director of that pilot was coy with his answer when asked at a recent Q&A event. "Clark himself said when we were shooting that it was obvious that it had to happen, otherwise all of this becomes irresponsible. There’s no toll or actual downside to this very bad idea of bringing all of these people together. As a film it’s just irresponsible. That’s why we’re bringing him back for a S.H.I.E.L.D. series." It's a little difficult to understand what he means from that last sentence (it could be down to the transcription as it may have been taken out of context), but Whedon clearly has bigger plans for the character and doesn't have an issue with bringing him back, regardless of whether it contradicts the significance of his death in the movie.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:40 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71821

Seth Gabel Discusses Playing 'The Count' In ARROW

Speaking with Collider while promoting his new movie Allegiance, Seth Gabel (Fringe) discusses his role as the villain 'The Count' in an early 2013 episode of The CW's Arrow. Based on the character Count Vertigo, this incarnation of the DC Comics character is very different from the comic version. "I play The Count, who’s based on Count Vertigo of the comic book series. Instead of having superpowers, the powers are manifested in a drug called Vertigo, that I sell on the street. I’m essentially this street thug/drug kingpin, taking over the streets of Starling City. The way I justified being a super-villain, if you will, is that the character cares so much about money and power that he’s willing to do whatever it takes to acquire those things. In being totally consumed by money and power, I can completely ignore any questionable ethics, along that process, and just completely throw myself into doing whatever acts will achieve the acquisition of those things, whether it’s evil, wrong or whatever."

Gabel also had this to say when asked if his experience on Fringe helped him prepare for Arrow. "Yeah. The interest in the Arrow guest spot has been really surprising and incredible. I suppose it is from having such a wonderful audience from Fringe, and I’m so appreciative of that. The fans of Fringe are so loyal and incredible and powerful. They single-handedly kept that show on the air when the numbers showed that it should have canceled. To see the power that an audience like that has is really inspiring to me. I’m so glad that that audience has found Arrow. I was so excited to be a part of it because I’m a fan of the show and a fan of the genre, as well as the sci-fi genre. I love anything that has a big metaphor. It was a really exciting thing to be a part of, and I had so much fun doing it." The actor is also interested in reprising the role of The Count for future appearances after his guest spot. "It’s very possible that I’ll make future appearances, and it’s something that I would absolutely love doing."

"I’m on a diet now and I’m working out more," says Gabel concerning his physical preparation for the role. "People are like, “What prompted this in you?,” and I’m like, “Working with Stephen Amell!” You see the stuff that he’s capable of doing and the discipline that he has on set. Normally, when you see someone that looks like Stephen, you assume, “Okay, that’s their genetics. He’s a lucky bastard. I’ll never be like that.” But then, I got to talk to him and I was like, “What do you eat for lunch?,” and he said, “I just eat chicken and kale, every day.” I was like, “This guy is the real deal! He’s working hard to look like this and to be as physically capable as he is. This isn’t just someone who’s lucky.” It made me realize that you need to work for it. You can’t do these incredible things, unless you work for it. So, I’m taking that attitude into this holiday season and I’ve had the power to say not to about one-third of the cookies that have been thrown at me, which is a good step forward."

Arrow returns on The CW January 16th at 8 PM EST

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71802

James McAvoy Talks X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

As Patrick Stewart is “greatly looking forward” to reprising his respective role as the modern-day Professor Charles Xavier, Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past will overtly also see the First Class period iteration of the character, played by James McAvoy. The Scottish actor recently spoke with Total Film in their latest mag’ issue, where he modestly discussed the 2014 sequel.

“I thought the biggest thing that X-Men: First Class gave the franchise was a real palpable sense of humor that wasn’t just for a couple of moments,” McAvoy admits. “It was running through the thing. And I hope that continues. I don’t know how easy it will be for me to be a part of that as my character’s going to be in a pretty [frick]ed up place. It’s a shame because I like the fact that Charles Xavier was witty and funny and a bit of a lecherous old guy trapped in a 30-year-old’s body.”

Although he played coy about Days of Future Past story details, James McAvoy did confirm that there will be an explanation as to why and how Prof. X will go bald, which the casting of Stewart, alone, affirms will occur. “[screenwriter] Simon Kinberg and I had a chat about it and we came up with a whole bunch of idea about how, why and where he might go bald. It’s got to be linked to the plot though. In the comics, he lost his hair as soon as his powers awakened, and we clearly didn’t follow the source material. It can’t just be that he looks in the mirror at the end of the film and goes ‘Oh [frick], I’m losing my hair’. Although that could be quite funny with all this shit going on... he goes ‘Arge, I’m really stressed...’”

While Fox’s Marvel Property Creative Consultant, Mark Millar, has alluded to X-Men: Days of Future Past finally featuring the giant robotic Sentinels, we’ve yet to receive confirmation; even after Total Film asked James McAvoy. The Wanted actor laughed before saying, “As a fan of the X-Men world and lexicon, I share lots of other fans’ hopes and dreams and I’d like to see Sentinels...”

In addition, Total Film also questioned two of James McAvoy’s X-Men: First Class co-stars, actress Rose Byrne and Banshee actor Caleb Landry Jones, about whether they’ll be reprising their roles in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Both thespians said they have yet to be contacted, but would “absolutely love” to return and show more of who their characters are, if asked. Anyhow, X-Men: Days of Future Past stars Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Nicholas Hoult, Jason Flemyng with Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. And reportedly scheduled to commence principal photography in Spring next year, Bryan Singer directs the anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past time travel adaptation into theaters on July, 18 2014 in 2D and 3D!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=72071

ARROW: New Hi-Res Stills From "Burned" Featuring First Look At Firefly

"Burned", the first Arrow of 2013, sees Oliver Queen go up against Firefly (Andrew Dunbar) - a firefighter who was burned badly on the job and has immense rage because of it. The CW has released the first promo shots for the episode..

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/burned-arrow-2013-return-promotional-photos#slide=57214951

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71969

Tom Hiddleston Teases Alan Taylor's “Amazing” New Direction For THOR: THE DARK WORLD

Now that we’re finally in the year of the Marvel sequel's Fall release date, the first visuals from Thor: The Dark World are sure to come sooner than later. However, without specified dates of a marketing push, we at least have more teasing from ‘Loki’ actor Tom Hiddleston. The English star recently chatted about The Dark World's “amazing,” never-before-seen direction.

“It's fantastic, truly. We are making an amazing film, and we're having a wonderful time. It's so exciting to have established characters and an established setting in the world, and we are working so hard to cook up something new. That is what is exciting to me - taking what we know, taking what we love and deepening it and giving it an extra dimension. I think director Alan Taylor is really shaping up the world of Asgard and the world of these characters”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingLeonidas/news/?a=71934

Frank Grillo tweets his Workouts to prepare for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Grillo follows in the footsteps of Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Eccleston, Tim Roth and Hugo Weaving to play the bad guy in a Marvel Film. Its a great group of actors to join and this role is Grillo's highest profile role to date.

Grillo is understandably stepping up to the plate for a role that is likely to make him a star. To portray Crossbones, the actor has been training rigorously for the past two months, since his casting was confirmed. Grillo is 47 years old and a father of two but has kept in great shape over the years. He will be putting on 20 pounds of muscle for the role and gives a taste of some of the workouts he is doing through his twitter feed. Check them out below.

Above is a picture of Grillo showing his progress.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is scheduled to release on 4th April 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=72188

Nicholas Hoult Talks X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Amid the press junket for his romantic zombie comedy Warm Bodies, Nicholas Hoult was queried about returning as Hank McCoy/Beast from X-Men: First Class in the Days of Future Past sequel. Refraining from divulging story details, via ScreenCrave, the English actor says he is anticipating being reunited with his Jack the Giant Slayer director, Bryan Singer, for the Marvel adaptation.

“We’ve gotten along really well,” Hoult said of director Bryan Singer, who served as a producer on First Class. “He’s fantastic on the X-Men films. He really knows what’s going on. And from what I’ve heard about the script, I think it’s going to be a really cool film. I’m looking forward to it. I like that character as well. I don’t think we start for another few months.”

Given that some actors from the X-Men trilogy are returning, it's worth noting that Kelsey Grammer portrayed the big blue furball in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006). However, there's no word on whether the modern-day iteration of Hank McCoy will take part in Days of Future Past, or if Grammer will return as well.

X-Men: Days of Future Past stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Jason Flemyng with Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. And as aforementioned, more actors from the X-Men trilogy are expected to make an appearance in the upcoming mutant ensemble sequel. Reportedly starting principal photography in Spring, Bryan Singer directs Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past time travel adaptation into theaters on July, 18 2014 in 2D/3D!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2013, 11:48:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingLeonidas/news/?a=71934

Frank Grillo tweets his Workouts to prepare for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Grillo follows in the footsteps of Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Eccleston, Tim Roth and Hugo Weaving to play the bad guy in a Marvel Film. Its a great group of actors to join and this role is Grillo's highest profile role to date.

Grillo is understandably stepping up to the plate for a role that is likely to make him a star. To portray Crossbones, the actor has been training rigorously for the past two months, since his casting was confirmed. Grillo is 47 years old and a father of two but has kept in great shape over the years. He will be putting on 20 pounds of muscle for the role and gives a taste of some of the workouts he is doing through his twitter feed. Check them out below.

Above is a picture of Grillo showing his progress.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is scheduled to release on 4th April 2014.

Ugh... Too teeny to play 'Bones... Damn movies fucking it up again.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=72256

SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL Image Released Uncropped & With An Interesting Description

"A boy discovers he has supernatural powers and he was not born on Earth. Later, he undertakes a journey to understand where it comes from and why he was sent on our planet. But it will be a hero if he wants to save the world from total destruction and embody the hope for all mankind ..."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
MTV recently caught up with Jaimie Alexander while she was doing press rounds for The Last Stand. During the interview she talked about, for the first time, her horrific injury she sustained on the set of Thor: The Dark World, revealing that she is just now getting back close to normal. You can check out the chat in the video below where she also talks, again, about the darker tone that Alan Taylor is setting for Thor's second solo outing.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=72363

Jaimie Alexander Talks In Detail About Her Injury On The Set Of THOR: THE DARK WORLD

On Her Injury:

"I injured my self pretty bad. I actually haven't talked about this on camera yet. I herniated a disk in my Thoracic spine, dislocated my left shoulder, tore my right Rhomboid, and chipped eleven vertebra. I slipped and fell down something very high, I hurt my self pretty badly and it scared me. I knew when I couldn't get off the ground I was in big trouble. Then, I was okay, but in a lot of pain. The next morning I got in a car to go to the hospital, and I sat in the car and compressed my spine a little bit, and went paralyzed in my right leg and my right hand. So I was in the hospital for a week. But, it was a thing where it was just a swelling thing. Once the swelling went down I was good to go. I did physical rehab for a month, then went back and did some more fight sequences."

On The Movie:

It's a different vibe and a different tone. I think it's a bit darker. We explore more of the viking aspect of things. We explore a few different realms. You learn more about what life is like in Asgard. People just looking awesome, tall, kicking butt, stabbing a few people."

We all knew she had taken a pretty nasty spill, but I don't think that anyone knew exactly how bad it was until she talked about it. However, it is good to know that she is doing better. You can see Alexander kicking butt as Sif when Thor: The Dark World opens on November 8th.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/D117/news/?a=72474

New Images From IRON MAN 3, THE WOLVERINE And MAN OF STEEL

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly's Summer preview issue, we have images from 3 of the biggest blockbusters heading our way. The Man Of Steel pic is from the poster, but the others are brand new.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=72662

Sebastian Stan & Scarlett Johansson Amped For CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Beyond having roles in Marvel's cinematic universe, Sebastian Stan and Scarlett Johansson have something else in common: they're both currently performing in classic Broadway shows and are excited to return to film, reprising their Bucky Barnes and Black Widow roles in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. While Stan was promoting the play Picnic, he commented on his expanded role in the Marvel sequel, via Broadway.com. And Johansson was under promotional duties for the play Cat On a Hot Tin Roof when she did the same with CBS Sunday Morning yesterday; vid' below.

“I’m completely excited to venture down that path. This is why January 1, 2013, was a glorious day to wake up to [laughs]. I’m very grateful and very lucky for what’s going on right now. I think you have to allow yourself to be excited about the magnitude of something like [Cap 2].”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=72716

UPDATE: ARROW Showrunners On The Show's Future, Deadshot And China White Team-Up Confirmed

Warning: The article over at Huffington Post covers a lot of ground and has a lot of spoilers so if you don't care to know a thing about the second half of Arrow, click away now!

"We were able to go through the hell of the first seven or eight [episodes] that I think you have to go to, to sort of calibrate how to make a good episode and how to make it on time and on budget and all that stuff, and [we started] to get real, true audience feedback about what people are enjoying most," Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti shared. "So this next run of episodes is the byproduct of a conversation we've had with the audience and then also our own learning curve in terms of how to make better episodes." Interesting! I know for a fact that the show's producers visit CBM so it's possible our weekly poll and discussion series has played a part in the evolution of the show.

Berlanti and fellow producer, Marc Guggenheim go to to share that the show is really about the evolution of Oliver Queen from vigilante to hero, stress the dup. But he's also evolving physically as well. "It's a silly thing to note," but the show's star, who got quite a bit of notice for his killer abs, has "bulked up" his chest and upper body in the past few months. "He was an impressive physical specimen before, but he has found a new gear," Guggenheim added. The discussion also touched on the fact that a lot of the characters that show up in the first season are indeed DC Comics heroes and villains but many are not at the stage in their life where they're ready to don a cape or tights. In many ways, that sentiment hold true for Oliver as well, right now he's a vigilante and what we're seeing is his journey towards becoming a hero.

Below, are some highlights from a podcast discussion with the producers that contain SPOILERS.

-Before the season's end, one other person besides Diggle and Huntress will learn Oliver's secret identity.

-Episode 11 features Ben Browder as Ted Gaynor, a name comic book fans will recognize from the roster of the Blackhawks Squadron (incorrectly stated as episode 12 over at HuffPo).

-Seth Gabl's Count Vertigo arrives in Episode 12. The producers confirm that he will definitely be back in later eps.
-Manu Bennett arrives in Episode 13 as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke. However, producers caution not to assume that info on Bennett's character is 100% correct. Based on that tease, methinks there's someone else underneath Deathstroke's costume?

-David Anders arrives in Episode 14 as Vanch, a brand new villain and original creation of the show.

-James Callis appears as Dodger in Episode 15. The producers are still undecided about whether he'll be a recurring character.

-It was rumored that Colton Haynes would be debuting in Episode 12 along with Count Vertigo but apparently Roy Harper debuts in Episode 15 as well. For a look at set photos featuring Haynes CLICK HERE.

-Deadshot and China White team-up in Episode 16 of Arrow.

-Oliver will begin to uncover the secrets of his mother between episodes 12 and 14.

-The second half of the season closely examines the relationship between Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) and his father (John Barrowman) the Dark Archer.

- After episode 16 which airs February 27th, the show goes on a mini-hiatus before closing out the first season with 2 episodes on March 20th and March 27th respectively.

Update: First look at Seth Gabel as Vertigo, courtesy of TV Guide.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=72962

B-T-S Look At The GREEN ARROW, DEATHSTROKE Fight

The original Green Arrow that is, Yao Fei. Go behind the scenes with Arrow Stunt Coordinator James Bamford to see how the fighting choreography comes together. 'Flying Omolplata' who knew?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72921

Shawn Ashmore On X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST & Working With Kevin Bacon On FIRST CLASS

Speaking with Huffington Post at the premiere of FOX's The Following, actor Shawn Ashmore discusses his interest in returning as Bobby Drake/Iceman in director Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days Of Future Past after playing the character in the first three films. We previously heard him say that he hasn't heard anything from Singer or the studio about potentially reprising the role, and it's still the case here. "Honestly, at this point I have no idea. What's exciting is Bryan Singer's back, which is amazing. He was amazing to work with. I would love to come back and play Bobby again. I played the part three times, I got to grow up playing that part, which is incredible. It's so rare. If it happens, i would love to play that part. The moving is happening, so I have to wait and see how it all comes together." With many actors from the original trilogy expected to reprise their roles (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are set to return as Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto, respectively), it wouldn't be surprising to see Ashmore's Iceman return.

The actor also shares his thoughts on X-Men: First Class, which features his The Following co-star Kevin Bacon as the villainous Sebastian Shaw. He also looks back on comparing notes when they were working on The Following. "I loved 'First Class.' I thought Matthew Vaughn did a great job. I thought Kevin Bacon did a great job. We've had some 'X-Men' conversations. They shot some of 'First Class' down in Atlanta, which is where we shot the pilot, so we just kind of talked about that and the experience of making it," Ashmore said. "They're huge films. It's such an undertaking, so it's amazing to get stories from the movies you're not on. It's all very similar: the scheduling and the craziness and the special effects and 'Oh my god, that scene, it's 10 seconds in the movie, but it took five weeks to shoot.' Stuff like that."

Would you like to see Shawn Ashmore reprise his role as Iceman for a fourth time? Who else would you like to see from the original X-Men trilogy to appear in Days Of Future Past?

X-Men: Days Of Future Past stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult. The film is set to hit theaters July 18th, 2014. Additionally, The Wolverine is scheduled for a July 26th release, while Fantastic Four will arrive March 5th, 2015.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=73048

ARROW Enlists DOCTOR WHO Actress To Portray Dinah Lance

According to Entertainment Weekly, The CW's breakout crime drama, Arrow, has cast Doctor Who and ER actress Alex Kingston to portray "Dinah Lance" on the show.

Kingston will portray Laurel Lance's (Katie Cassidy) mother, who they note "will return to Starling City to make amends with her family that she abandoned years earlier following the tragic death of her daughter." Fans of the show know that Sara Lance was aboard Oliver's yacht, in which she died in a terribly tragic drowning.

In the original DC comics, Kingston's character was the original Black Canary. It's also interesting to note that Kingston will be the second actor from Doctor Who joining the show, as John Barrowman was previously cast as Malcom Merlyn (A.K.A The Dark Archer).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=73301

Manu Bennett Talks Playing Deathstroke On The CW's ARROW

Access Hollywood caught up with New Zealand actor at the premiere for Spartacus: War of the Damned and asked him if they should call him Slade Wilson, as he's just signed on for a guest spot on the CW's Arrow. "You can call me Azog from The Hobbit, there's a few names I'm going by these days, I'm going from one thing to another," said Bennett.

Continuing on with a comparison between Spartacus and Arrow, Bennett stated, "There's a very different style to Arrow than what there was to Spartacus. I had a discussion with the writer, Andrew Kreisberg about what they wanted and they didn't want Crixus, that's for sure. They wanted something original for the show and Arrow is reality-based, it's here in the now. It's very fast moving action, it's a whole new [fighting] technique that I'm learning with them. There's some similarities [between Crixus and Wilson] in that I come onto the show against another strong character."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73275

Iceman, Rogue And Shadowcat Confirmed For X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer has confirmed that Anna Paquin (Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde) and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) will all return in the highly anticipated sequel to Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73231

ANT-MAN And DOCTOR STRANGE To Spearhead Phase 3 For Marvel

Ant-Man and Doctor Stange have been two projects for Marvel, that have longed been rumored, but never confirmed. That all changed for Ant-Man this past July at Comic-Con when Marvel announced the film. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige talked about how he will be a major part of Phase 3."'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three. Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe," he explained to MTV. He also went on to say that director Edgar Wright is the only reason the film is happening. "I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004. He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes," he laughed. While it's not a surprise, the Ant-Man movie will be an origin film, which Feige said is very much from the perspective of both wright and co-writer Joe Cornish. It will be apart of the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before."

Feige went on to say that Phase three will be completely different from the stories they are telling now. Saying, "So much of what we're telling right now is about the core 'Avengers' characters we've now met, and they'll be evolving in big, surprising ways, in Cap's next movie and Thor's next movie and of course in 'Iron Man 3,' as we get them all into the next 'Avengers' film. Beyond that 'Ant-Man' is the only one officially announced." He continued by saying you wont have to look too far as to where they might go as far as other characters they are planning on bringing to the big screen.

With all that in mind, it brings us back to Doctor Strange. Who, acorrding to Feige, WILL be a part of Phase 3. "'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited." No word yet still on the rumored Black Panther project, but it is exciting to see one of the long rumored films confirmed.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=73209

First Look At SPARTACUS Star Manu Bennett As Deathstroke On ARROW

What does Slade Wilson -- the alter-ego of villain Deathstroke -- look like without the costume? These brand-new photos give us a great look at the Arrow villain's alter-ego, portrayed by Spartacus's Manu Bennett!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/arrow-deathstroke-manu-bennett_n_2548605.html#slide=2024709

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73336

Two New Stills From THE WOLVERINE Featuring A "Suited Up" Hugh Jackman

No, not THAT kind of suit unfortunately! Instead, Academy Award nominated actor Hugh Jackman looks rather dapper in a brand new official still from James Mangold's The Wolverine. Another features a behind the scenes shot of Logan looking pretty darn angry...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman_movies/superman_the_man_of_steel/news/?a=73330

New MAN OF STEEL Images

With Zack Snyder's Man of Steel inching closer and closer, Empire Magazine will be the first to debut official photos of the movie with three new stills. Thanks to a fan on IMDB, we get a quick look at the inside of the March 2013 edition of magazine. Check out a preview of Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, Jor-El(Russell Crowe) and Michael Shannon as GENERAL ZOD!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73369

The CW Pushes The AMAZON Pilot Back Until Next Season

A couple weeks back we got some news that Amy Manson was the front runner to land the roll of Diana Prince, AKA Wonder Woman, in the upcoming CW pilot titled Amazon. All indications seem to show that the show was moving full steam a head. Now, according to Deadline, the show is at a stand still. Instead of moving forward with the project for this seasons pilot orders the network has made the choice to wait until next season to shoot the pilot.

Amazon was the first pilot that The CW started working on for this season, even starting the casting process back in November. That was before the script was even ready. It just appears that the show was no where near ready to shoot. Given the success of the television show Arrow, which is based on DC's Green Arrow, the network is wanting to make sure they go about handling Amazon just right. As of right now the show is still very high on the priority list for The CW.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73386

The Fate Of The DC Cinematic Universe Hinges On The Success Of MAN OF STEEL

Green Lantern was a flop. With a budget of over $200 million, the fact that it grossed less than $220 million worldwide was not a good result for Warner Bros. While success was pretty much guaranteed for them with Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise, Green Lantern was the first real risk that the studio took when it comes to their superhero properties. For that reason, it should perhaps comes as no surprise that they are now extremely wary moving forward. While Marvel's The Avengers may have been a $1.5 billion success, they still aren't sure about whether or not they should move ahead with Justice League. Instead, it will be down to how well Man of Steel performs before they make a final decision on the fate of the superhero ensemble.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »