• Team Myostatin Deficient
+
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »
+

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: Lower Back Routine
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:05 AM »
It will happen again. Best bet is strengthen your back, trunk and abs - your core muscles. Also your upper back if you're weak there. Start off light and with perfect form and slowly move your way up. You don't need to go heavy on deads. Just remember when you're doing deads that your abs support your body. A lot of people hyper extend their back on deads which is a nono and a sign of weak abs. same thing with round your back the other way ... nono.... sign of weak upper back and abs. it's the middle position with abs supporting thats best. stay tight.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »
When i recently retweaked my back I switched from regular squats to front squats to maintain leg strength and size. I managed to go relatively heavy without issue.

I did some real light deads focusing on actually using my lower back muscles rather than avoiding them.

I did some hyperextension.

Some weighted ab work, planks and leg raises.

Some supported t bar rows for the upper back.  

The back issue you'll probably have to live with for life. It will retweak but not as bad. You'll just learn to manage it better. Don't worry tho it's common and weightlifters, wrestlers, etc have dealt with it.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
Also look into a stretching and mobility routine once you feel better.
A