Getbig Main Boards > General Topics

Documentaries - Discussion - Which should I watch?

<< < (2/117) > >>

Jack T. Cross:
Tristan da Cunha is the most remote inhabited island in the world. It is in the lower Atlantic, between Africa and South America, and has maintained a population of about 300 people for the past few hundred years.

The inhabitants are extremely cautious of being looked at too carefully (as least while being documented), and the host may have fucked-off any future chance of another docu being made by himself or by anyone else, thanks to his attitude. From what I know, it is the only documentary of its kind, and it is from 1989:

FitnessFrenzy:

Jack T. Cross:
(I added a bit of description on some of those I posted earlier, in case someone can't see the YouTube titles.)

FitnessFrenzy - That looks interesting. Will definitely check it out. Here's a description I found:

"THE YES MEN FIX THE WORLD is a screwball true story about two gonzo political activists who, posing as top executives of giant corporations, lie their way into big business conferences and pull off the world's most outrageous pranks.

From New Orleans to India to New York City, armed with little more than cheap thrift-store suits, the Yes Men squeeze raucous comedy out of all the ways that corporate greed is destroying the planet.

Brüno meets Michael Moore in this gut-busting wake-up call that proves a little imagination can go a long way towards vanquishing the Cult of Greed.

Who knew fixing the world could be so much fun?"

FitnessFrenzy:

Garbage Man:
Best I've ever seen is "The Fog of War".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version