Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?

<< < (164/274) > >>

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on January 27, 2023, 12:48:44 AM ---Yep, I do. More proof he did than he didn’t.

--- End quote ---

You need help and I hope you get it.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on January 26, 2023, 11:01:55 PM ---You tell me..

--- End quote ---

There are radical people no matter what side of any issue you look at. This is equal to the 'pizzagate' fiasco. Maybe when folks come back down to earth a semblance of sanity will resume.

Crazy me, I thought you attending the RNC meeting would help center you. It doesn't seem like that happened. Sad, very very sad! 

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on January 27, 2023, 12:48:44 AM ---Yep, I do. More proof he did than he didn’t.

--- End quote ---

Again, it seems as if you are not aligned with the general thinking of much of the Republican Party but remain cemented to demented Trump. He is losing ground fast among Republicans. Don't get left out in the cold.

Dos Equis:
Biden's new adviser is a climate alarmist who claimed to have suffered an 'acute mental health crisis' as a result of Trump's 2016 victory
JOSEPH MACKINNON
February 02, 2023
https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-taps-climate-alarmist-kim-cobb-for-intelligence-advisory-board

Dos Equis:
These people are crazy.

And Then They Came For “The”: Associated Press Warns Use of the Article Can Be “Dehumanizing”
January 27, 2023

The Associated Press has announced that the article “the” should be avoided in many circumstances because it is “dehumanizing.” It warns writers to avoid saying offensive things like “the French”. It does not seem that we can even just add an x like Latinx. It is not a gender thing so “thx” will not suffice. It is now an article of faith to stop using the article “the” in referencing groups.  It is reminiscent of Winston Churchill who was chastised for ending a sentence with a preposition. He responded by showing the artificiality of avoiding an ending preposition: “This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.”

The AP declared that:

“We recommend avoiding general and often dehumanizing ‘the’ labels such as the poor, the mentally ill, the French, the disabled, the college-educated. Instead, use wording such as people with mental illnesses. And use these descriptions only when clearly relevant.”

Even the French Embassy responded with “Le” scorn.

By the way, if you are thinking of objecting to “the grammar police,” think again. It will just establish that you are a dehumanizing monster.

What concerns me most is that this dehumanizing article has lingered in the English language for so long without being noticed until now. Even The editors of The Associated Press are shadowed with this vile, dehumanizing word. It is literally lurking on every computer and in every  dictionary.

The only option is decisive action. AP must take its ox cart through the streets and call on people to bring out their “thes” for proper disposal. As for any French people encountered along the way, simply refer to them as “people associated with the nation of France.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/01/27/and-then-they-came-for-the-associated-press-warns-use-of-the-article-can-be-dehumanizing/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version