Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Biden chief of staff Ron Klain to resign amid classified documents scandal

<< < (3/3)

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 25, 2023, 04:34:07 PM ---I admit it, I am biased about some things and not so much about others. For example, I have made a point of posting my belief that no-one (none of the three culprits thus far) should have classified government documents stored or kept in their private homes and offices. If I were biased on this issue, I would likely think it was okay for Biden to have classified documents, but not Trump or Pence. 

If I truly wanted to "live in a bubble" I would not read posts (including yours) in the Politics and Political issues board on Getbig. Even more so, I would not waste my time discussing posts that do not conform to my supposed "bias".

I recently decided to discontinue discussions regarding COVID vaccines and other COVID related issues, mainly because I believe how someone feels and what they do or donít do COVID related is their choice.
 
Coach frequently posts headlines from the Epoch Times. I am interested in reading the articles not sensationalized headlines. Unfortunately, to do this I'd have to subscribe which I won't do. I don't see this as a refusal to read his links.  I read links he posts that are available without subscription and commented on information in the article not just the headline like he so often does.

I don't recall which media source this was in one of Coach's posts, but I had to provide my email address to read the article. This resulted in a literal flood of propaganda from this source in my email inbox, which was difficult to block as they would  send me garbage using a different - new address. It also resulted in several daily donation request from Trump's campaign organizers. 

The last time I checked Huffington Post did not require a subscription. I also do not read the liberal leaning Washington Post because one needs a subscription to do this.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties go overboard with annoying requests for donations. I unbiasedly block both. Political issues are interesting, but they are not an essential part of my life. I have multiple interests which are not topics of discussion on Getbig. Gardening is my primary hobby. Not much discussion going on here about this. Interior design and architecture are some other of my main interests. -Haven't notice much discussion here on either of these topics.     

--- End quote ---

I refuse to subscribe or pay or any news sources either.  Way too easy to find info for free.  The internet is a sewer, but like I just told someone today, it's the greatest invention of my lifetime.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 25, 2023, 07:45:20 PM ---I refuse to subscribe or pay or any news sources either.  Way too easy to find info for free.  The internet is a sewer, but like I just told someone today, it's the greatest invention of my lifetime.

--- End quote ---

The internet has the potential to almost immediately inform multitudes of folks about current events who otherwise would not be. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to lead people astray from what is real and honest and what is bogus by affirming whatever their foregone conclusions are. It might be both the greatest and the most dangerous invention of our lifetime because no matter how crazy someone's ideas are they can find others who support them.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 28, 2023, 12:04:54 AM ---The internet has the potential to almost immediately inform multitudes of folks about current events who otherwise would not be. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to lead people astray from what is real and honest and what is bogus by affirming whatever their foregone conclusions are. It might be both the greatest and the most dangerous invention of our lifetime because no matter how crazy someone's ideas are they can find others who support them.

--- End quote ---

I don't consider the internet dangerous from that standpoint.  This notion that a rational, sane person reads some random comments on the internet and then goes on a homicidal rampage is pretty silly. 

Other than that, I agree with you.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 30, 2023, 01:46:17 PM ---I don't consider the internet dangerous from that standpoint.  This notion that a rational, sane person reads some random comments on the internet and then goes on a homicidal rampage is pretty silly. 

Other than that, I agree with you.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for agreeing with me, in part. I also agree with you in that most rational and sane people are unlikely to go on rampages, homicidal or otherwise. However, occasionally sane and rationale people do get crazy ideas, which when affirmed by several other folks, wrongly manifest as seeming rationale and sane. This is an example of groupthink which may lead to a lack critical reasoning or a reasonable evaluation of the consequences of or alternatives for their choices and actions.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version