Author Topic: What's the point of vaccines if you can still get infected  (Read 5755 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What's the point of vaccines if you can still get infected
« on: January 18, 2022, 12:34:31 PM »

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: What's the point of vaccines if you can still get infected
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 12:39:58 PM »
the smallpox vaccine was invented in 1786, it took until the 1950s before it was perfected

I call your small pox and raise you a Thalidomide..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 12:43:32 PM »
the smallpox vaccine was invented in 1786, it took until the 1950s before it was perfected

I call your small pox and raise you a Thalidomide..

Great job missing the point (was that intentional?)

Thalidomide was not a vaccine so not sure why you would bring that up.  You can also mention a hundred other drugs that have adverse side effect
Why didn't you bring up Zantac or talcum powder while you're at it

Also, our vaccine technology is much better today than in was in the 1950's

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 12:56:13 PM »
Great job missing the point (was that intentional?)

Thalidomide was not a vaccine so not sure why you would bring that up.  You can also mention a hundred other drugs that have adverse side effect
Why didn't you bring up Zantac or talcum powder while you're at it

Also, our vaccine technology is much better today than in was in the 1950's

lets wait until the vaccine trials are over mid 2023

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 01:03:07 PM »

can you provide a link to those trials

here is something I found
here is a snip for the short attention span crowd

Finally, it is standard practice for vaccine monitoring to continue after clinical trials. The estimated completion date on clinical trial websites lists Jan. 31, 2023 for Pfizer (bit.ly/3vvVPiz) and Oct. 27, 2022 for Moderna (bit.ly/3aSmb6y), which has led some people to believe that clinical trials are incomplete.

However, authorised COVID-19 vaccines were thoroughly tested (here) and the dates reference continued safety monitoring, which is standard practice in the industry (here).

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-clinical-trial/fact-check-it-is-normal-for-safety-monitoring-to-continue-after-clinical-trials-idUSL1N2PI0N6

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 01:03:25 PM »

I would say at least 2028

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 01:13:58 PM »
At this point, I think it comes down to a personal decision. If you want the vaccine, go and get yourself vaccinated. If you don't want it, then don't get vaccinated.

Getting vaccinated WILL NOT stop you from getting or spreading COVID. Getting vaccinated will not stop you from drying from COVID if you suffer from comorbidities and are generally a sick individual. The vaccine is supposed to mitigate the effects of COVID once infected, but I know enough people now that have gotten fully vaccinated and ended up getting and dying from COVID. What's the excuse for them dying? I'm sure the answer is: "No vaccine is perfect, but it's the best that we've got". Well, this vaccine isn't great. I have family that as a result of the vaccine ended up with myocarditis and have had to get on heart meds, when prior to the vaccine needed no medications. What's the excuse for them? Again, it comes down to personal comfort in assuming the inherent risks of this vaccine.

Personally, I am not very impressed with the vaccine. I am fully vaccinated and lo and behold still got COVID (Omicron) variant and had the worst 2 weeks of my life and have yet to fully recover. I asked doctors at NY City's top IVY league medical institution (NY Presbyterian Hospital) why the fact that I am fully vaccinated didn't make a damn difference in fighting off this damn COVID and they did not have any answers. They simply said, "it works differently for everyone and some people just have better results". That's not good enough. I have no comorbidities and take no medications. I keep great weight year round, have a strict diet and get check ups every 6 months and have never had any health issues.

Again, decide for yourself. I've read the countless articles in the NIH and nothing points to this being a great vaccine. If anything, the yardstick keeps moving down from post to post. Now, based on new studies from Israel, they're flirting with adding a 4th shot (2 original shots with 2 booster shots).

Sorry, but this is becoming a fucking joke.

"1"

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 01:14:12 PM »
Covid. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!

A bad haircut. A mild sunburn. Meaningless shit.
a

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
At this point, I think it comes down to a personal decision. If you want the vaccine, go and get yourself vaccinated. If you don't want it, then don't get vaccinated.

Getting vaccinated WILL NOT stop you from getting or spreading COVID. Getting vaccinated will not stop you from drying from COVID if you suffer from comorbidities and are generally a sick individual. The vaccine is supposed to mitigate the effects of COVID once infected, but I know enough people now that have gotten fully vaccinated and ended up getting and dying from COVID. What's the excuse for them dying? I'm sure the answer is: "No vaccine is perfect, but it's the best that we've got". Well, this vaccine isn't great. I have family that as a result of the vaccine ended up with myocarditis and have had to get on heart meds, when prior to the vaccine needed no medications. What's the excuse for them? Again, it comes down to personal comfort in assuming the inherent risks of this vaccine.

Personally, I am not very impressed with the vaccine. I am fully vaccinated and lo and behold still got COVID (Omicron) variant and had the worst 2 weeks of my life and have yet to fully recover. I asked doctors at NY City's top IVY league medical institution (NY Presbyterian Hospital) why the fact that I am fully vaccinated didn't make a damn difference in fighting off this damn COVID and they did not have any answers. They simply said, "it works differently for everyone and some people just have better results". That's not good enough. I have no comorbidities and take no medications. I keep great weight year round, have a strict diet and get check ups every 6 months and have never had any health issues.

Again, decide for yourself. I've read the countless articles in the NIH and nothing points to this being a great vaccine. If anything, the yardstick keeps moving down from post to post. Now, based on new studies from Israel, they're flirting with adding a 4th shot (2 original shots with 2 booster shots).

"1"

this is perfect and really just sums it all up nicely ^
sorry you got hit hard with it

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 01:16:21 PM »
Vaxxed and vapers are the worst people I meet in my daily life. They want everybody to be like them but in fact theye're just stupid people who jump on novelty and they believe the marketing BS. Vegans are like that too. Just do your thing and leave the others do theirs

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »
Don't think vaccines "work"....check out these stats.

Mind Blowing.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1256999/number-covid-hospitalizations-canada-by-vaccination-status/

😎

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 01:20:36 PM »
this is perfect and really just sums it all up nicely ^
sorry you got hit hard with it

It sucks for me. But I played ball and got both shots to comply with the vaccine requirements. I was never convinced and based on every study I read, it never seemed like they had a good grip on this vaccine, but hey, "trust the science".

I trusted the science and I'm personally not impressed. Now, after getting COVID and having a TERRIBLE experience, it's not like I can go back and not get vaccinated. But if anyone asks me whether it's worth it, my answer (without hesitation) is that you must make that decision for yourself. None of the bullshit meme posts and little YouTube clips will make a difference in justifying what you go through once you do get vaccinated and STILL get COVID.

Ultimately, it's a personal decision. But if I were younger than 40 years of age and with no comorbidities, I would suggest that you instead work on getting natural immunity. Get the virus and fight it off like your damn immune system was intended to do.

"1"

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »
Why do you care if others are vaccinated?are you scared even whilst being vaccinated? If we aren’t scared not being vaccinated and don’t care you shouldn’t either. Also I’m not anti vax I’m just anti rushed to market vax.

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 01:25:29 PM »

"1"

Great post.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 01:30:07 PM »
Fourth COVID vaccine still doesn’t stop Omicron, new Israeli study shows

https://nypost.com/2022/01/18/fourth-covid-vaccine-still-doesnt-stop-omicron-israeli-study/

Sheba Hospital last month tested a fourth shot given to more than 270 medical workers, with 154 getting the Pfizer jab and 120 receiving Moderna.

The researchers revealed Monday that both groups showed a “slightly higher” increase in antibodies than after the third shot — but still not enough to prevent Omicron, the latest variant responsible for the vast majority of infections around the world.

“Despite increased antibody levels, the fourth vaccine only offers a partial defense against the virus,” said Dr. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the hospital’s infection disease unit leading the study.

The study saw “many infected with Omicron who received the fourth dose,” she said. “Granted, a bit less than in the control group, but still a lot of infections.”

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »
Why do you care if others are vaccinated?are you scared even whilst being vaccinated? If we aren’t scared not being vaccinated and don’t care you shouldn’t either. Also I’m not anti vax I’m just anti rushed to market vax.

The unvaccinated are 200 TIMES more likely to spread the virus....that's why.

::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 01:32:13 PM »

"1"
Trust the science!
Glad you're feeling better
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 01:32:51 PM »
LoL

Straw going down with the ship. The boys at JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs don’t think the vaccines are so great:

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 01:35:47 PM »

dexitrim

• Getbig II
  • Pacific Northwest till I rest--GO HAWKS!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 01:36:32 PM »

"1"

If you keep posting stuff like this, I'm never getting jabbed. Ever.

That reminds me, tonight is my TPP/NPP/Tren Ace jab.  ;D

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »

Exactly. The "Trumptards" are those on the left that obsess over Trump but crave Trump inside their bodies in the form of the "vaccine" that Trump promoted heavily and took full credit for.

Those on the right are against the Trump-pump and Biden-booster being mandatory.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »
If you keep posting stuff like this, I'm never getting jabbed. Ever.

That reminds me, tonight is my TPP/NPP/Tren Ace jab.  ;D

Ultimately, it is your decision.

Read the research. Go through all the pros and cons. Do a personal health inventory and decide whether you fall into the category of people that would be better suited if vaccinated (immunocompromised, many comorbidities, elderly etc) versus not getting vaccinated. Look up the VAERS report (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html) to see how many reported deaths have occurred from people getting the COVID vaccine in just 1 year's time (VAERS received 11,225 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine). Ask people you know who have received the vaccine what their experience has been and whether they still got COVID regardless of being vaccinated.

In other words, be an informed consumer of what goes into your body. You only live one life and have one body to live within. Every other month the details, of what full vaccination consists of, are changing. Tomorrow, they'll probably make a COVID shot part of your yearly vaccinations (much like the flu shot). You have to decide how much are you willing to allow this government, the CDC and Dr. Fauci to push onto you.

If after doing your research, you feel informed and decide to get or not get the vaccine, then the final blame falls on you regarding whatever aftermath you experience (GOOD or BAD). What I am tired of seeing is people being guilt tripped into getting or not getting the vaccine. People need to realize that this is becoming a very twisted social experiment that is clearly causing a divide amongst our society. People are turning on each other based on a bullshit narrative that is being dictated by the powers that be and being served to the common masses by the mainstream media.

"1"

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »

But if we the unvaccinated aren’t worried why are you so worried? If it scares you so much, maybe you shouldn’t leave your house?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 03:46:59 PM »

simply not true

If vaccines work then vaccinated people would spread more virus as they dont get symptoms
an unvaccinated person would get symptoms and as such no go out spreading the virus

you cant have it both ways, do vaccines work or not?

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
simply not true

If vaccines work then vaccinated people would spread more virus as they dont get symptoms
an unvaccinated person would get symptoms and as such no go out spreading the virus

you cant have it both ways, do vaccines work or not?

I have NO idea what you're trying to say here.

Are you drunk again.

:(