Author Topic: CPap machine  (Read 1969 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: CPap machine
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 06:15:07 PM »
-Only obese people have sleep apnea
-You must sleep on your back if you use CPAP
-CPAP machine is an oxygen tank
So you are saying these statements are true?

I've already provided information in an earlier post regarding my use of a CPap

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 07:42:17 PM »
My friend just told me there is a class action lawsuit in regards to one one these right now.

I think it was causing some type of toxicity.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
It makes me sad to think that some people need to use these to sleep.  Very sad.  Losing weight isn't easy, but there's gotta be something you can do besides hooking up to a machine like this every night.  I truly feel for someone who has to do this.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 07:07:28 AM »
You took issue with my saying 90% of what has been said in this thread is bullshit. Which of those statements do you feel aren't bullshit and why?

Already told you. The only bullshit in this thread are your posts

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 07:10:21 AM »
When my bodyweight goes up above a certain point I snore a lot.

Has something to do with neck size methinks.

Could be even if you're lean but your neck is big you can have problems.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2022, 12:13:13 AM »
strange because my sleep apnea is at its worst when i'm only weeks out from a competition

Where are your blue stars?  Or were you talking about dick sucking competitions?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 06:39:54 AM »
strange because my sleep apnea is at its worst when i'm only weeks out from a competition

Lay off the tren.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2022, 07:02:28 AM »
Where are your blue stars?  Or were you talking about dick sucking competitions?

can't bother because apparently ron prefers giving out blue stars to basile and goodrum  :'(
T

longtimereader

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »
I had a sleep study done and had very minor apnea, I forgot how many per hour but the doc said I don't really need a cpap but could try if I wanted to.

I bough a top of the line ResMed cpap machine - first night with cpap I couldn't sleep, second night I slept. After the 3rd night I had the worst ear ache I've ever had. Started looking at side effects of cpap and ear problems will happen as air is getting blown in your ear. Stopped using the cpap due to the ear pain and got a wedge pillow. The wedge pillow reduced my apnea episodes significantly.

Get an at home sleep study done but I think it is better to treat the cause of apnea, like losing weight than using a machine to hide the symptoms

https://www.singularsleep.com/pages/at-home-sleep-study

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »
I had a sleep study done and had very minor apnea, I forgot how many per hour but the doc said I don't really need a cpap but could try if I wanted to.

I bough a top of the line ResMed cpap machine - first night with cpap I couldn't sleep, second night I slept. After the 3rd night I had the worst ear ache I've ever had. Started looking at side effects of cpap and ear problems will happen as air is getting blown in your ear. Stopped using the cpap due to the ear pain and got a wedge pillow. The wedge pillow reduced my apnea episodes significantly.

Get an at home sleep study done but I think it is better to treat the cause of apnea, like losing weight than using a machine to hide the symptoms

Sounds like the first logical step would be to spend $40 on a wedge pillow and skip the other very expensive and time consuming stuff if it works

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2022, 09:31:28 AM »

What kind of mask were you using? The one I would be getting is just a nose attachment.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2022, 11:23:22 AM »
Whatever you say moron.

Low effort troll. Up your stamina son.

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »
I do this for a living...

First step is to have a comprehensive in lab sleep study done.  The doctor can look at the results
and the prescribe an appropriate machine for you.

Masks are really a matter of personal preference.  I do prefer full face masks that cover nose and mouth.  If you are a mouth breather then i recommend using a full face mask.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2022, 07:51:05 PM »
Certain Philips Respironics Ventilators, BiPAP, and CPAP Machines Recalled Due to Potential Health Risks: FDA Safety Communication

These issues can result in serious injury, which can be life-threatening, cause permanent impairment, and require medical intervention to prevent permanent damage.

To date, Philips Respironics has received several complaints about the presence of black debris/particles within the device’s air pathway. Philips Respironics also has received reports of headache, upper airway irritation, cough, chest pressure, and sinus infection, which may be related to this issue, though the cause of the symptoms cannot be definitively linked.

The potential risks of particulate exposure include irritation to the skin, eye, and respiratory tract, inflammatory response, headache, asthma, and toxic or carcinogenic effects to organs, such as kidneys and liver.

The potential risks of exposure to chemicals released into the device’s air pathway from the PE-PUR foam include headache; dizziness; irritation in the eyes, nose, respiratory tract, and skin; hypersensitivity; nausea/vomiting; and toxic and carcinogenic effects.

The foam degradation may be exacerbated by high heat and high humidity environments, and by use of unapproved cleaning methods, such as ozone.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/certain-philips-respironics-ventilators-bipap-and-cpap-machines-recalled-due-potential-health-risks

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2022, 07:22:54 AM »
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) without Obesity Is Common and Difficult to Treat

A substantial proportion of patients with OSA are not obese.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5181619/

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2022, 07:27:31 AM »
I have been the proud owner of a cpap machine for 5 years..it hasn’t done anything for me!! Mainly because it has never left the bag it came in at the top of my closet..

Bench

longtimereader

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 07:32:58 AM »
What kind of mask were you using? The one I would be getting is just a nose attachment.

I tried 2 masks one was mouth/nose and the other just nose pillows. both hurt my ears and after doing research ear problems seem to be very common

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
Ended up buying the Dreamstation cpap, found it on Craigslist with only 50 hours use, negotiated it down from $250 to $170, so we'll see how it goes.

rollin

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2022, 12:53:04 PM »
I used to wake up gasping for air and that was super scary. So I had a sleep study and got put on cpap. I hated it.
Everytime you turn in your sleep the hose got in the way. I lost some weight and was able to get off of it.
I hope I never have to use one again. Piece of mind its by the bed if I need it but it was far from fun.
I guess it did help from me gasping for air and now I don't need it. Good luck with. Also a sleep study sucks especially if you need to
get up in the middle of the night to piss and your attached to a ton of wires.