Author Topic: Dear Diary: a place for fleeting thoughts and daily ponderings.  (Read 51484 times)

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
Re: Dear Diary: a place for fleeting thoughts and daily ponderings.
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2023, 01:21:33 PM »
Watched The Alpinist. Wow, what an honest, powerful, and inspiring documentary. I've often been critical of excessively dangerous endeavors like free soloing, and I've dismissed those who dare to do it as unthinking fools, blindly following their out-of-control impulses. However, that's not an entirely fair judgement—certainly not from someone who's constantly taken risks, too.

There is much to admire about these minds. They operate on a different level to most of the world, and they view life differently. As I get older, and more cynical, and I find myself despising people, this film was a nice reminder to keep being in love with the world. Love everything worthy of love, intensely hate anyone devoid of it, and give everything 100%. I don't like the idea of going away again soon, and if I get myself killed it's going to eternally piss off any part of my consciousness that can somehow survive death (which it can't, I hope), but life is to be lived to the fullest.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Dear Diary: a place for fleeting thoughts and daily ponderings.
« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2023, 12:50:15 AM »
Watched The Alpinist. Wow, what an honest, powerful, and inspiring documentary. I've often been critical of excessively dangerous endeavors like free soloing, and I've dismissed those who dare to do it as unthinking fools, blindly following their out-of-control impulses. However, that's not an entirely fair judgement—certainly not from someone who's constantly taken risks, too.

There is much to admire about these minds. They operate on a different level to most of the world, and they view life differently. As I get older, and more cynical, and I find myself despising people, this film was a nice reminder to keep being in love with the world. Love everything worthy of love, intensely hate anyone devoid of it, and give everything 100%. I don't like the idea of going away again soon, and if I get myself killed it's going to eternally piss off any part of my consciousness that can somehow survive death (which it can't, I hope), but life is to be lived to the fullest.
I also despise most people.