Author Topic: German Body Composition Training:  (Read 2321 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
German Body Composition Training:
« on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
Has anyone read and tried any of the programs in Charles Poliquin's book "German Body Comp Program?"

I remember reading some years ago that German (re)composition training consisted of compound movements done with higher reps and shorter rest intervals to stimulate lactic acid buildup in the body.
There is clinical research demonstrating that the lactic acid pathway is more effective than the aerobic pathway for burning fat and, obviously, building muscle size and strength.

Blood lactate levels also have the added benefit of stimulating growth hormone secretion from the stubborn hypothalamus.

I'm just curious if anyone's tried any of the programs outlined in Charles's book, and what kind of results they saw. I'd also like to know if/how much "special" equipment is involved, and how many stations are required for the super-sets.
This seems like something I'd need to/should do in the gym during off-peak times.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: German Body Composition Training:
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »
I remember the gist of it and not being the type of training I would ever do. Why change your training style when cutting anyway's? I keep everything exactly the way it always is.
?

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: German Body Composition Training:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:19:49 AM »
Adding some Barbell complexes at the end of your workout would do the same job.