Author Topic: How To Manage Diabetes While on Growth Hormone?  (Read 20373 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
How To Manage Diabetes While on Growth Hormone?
« on: March 25, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
I started using GH recently and I also have diabetes, and have noticed that about 2-4 hours post GH injection, I am almost completely insulin resistant, when I take my insulin with my meals, it basically doesn't work, or it works at about only 50% effectiveness and my blood sugars skyrocket to 300+ 2 hours post meal consumption, so basically HGH is making my blood sugars hard to manage about 2-4 hours post injection which messes with my eating schedule. Do you think injecting HGH before bed would be the best strategy because I won't be eating or taking any insulin at that time?

For example:

10am - HGH shot
11am - Lunch
1 pm (2 hours post meal) My blood sugar is 350 (should be back down to below 150ish because of my insulin)

Insulin is ineffective or half as effective in some unknown time interval (I estimate 2-4 hours) post HGH injection

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
Re: How To Manage Diabetes While on Growth Hormone?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
First... because you are already diabetic (I presume Type 1) you really should not be messing with HGH, even if you are taking it in a fasted state.

You make no mention of what you fasted blood glucose levels are and you make no mention of any other insulins you may be taking in addition to your meal time insulin.

Increased endogenous glucose production, decreased muscle glucose uptake and rising blood glucose levels are definitely problems you will see right out of the gates! These signs are NOT GOOD for any diabetic. HGH causes insulin resistance, and since your pancreas is already dead or close to it, HGH will only and certainly make your reading very high... just like you state.

What I find interesting is how HGH increases IGF-1 output. IGF-1 is insulin-mimetic in its structure and perhaps there is an issue there that is messing with things as well, not to mention that your insulin resistance being enhanced by HGH is totally killing the GLUT1 and GLUT4 benefits and the cascading effects they have that promote muscle growth.

If I was you, I would avoid HGH.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:47:53 AM »
I started using GH recently and I also have diabetes, and have noticed that about 2-4 hours post GH injection, I am almost completely insulin resistant, when I take my insulin with my meals, it basically doesn't work, or it works at about only 50% effectiveness and my blood sugars skyrocket to 300+ 2 hours post meal consumption, so basically HGH is making my blood sugars hard to manage about 2-4 hours post injection which messes with my eating schedule. Do you think injecting HGH before bed would be the best strategy because I won't be eating or taking any insulin at that time?

For example:

10am - HGH shot
11am - Lunch
1 pm (2 hours post meal) My blood sugar is 350 (should be back down to below 150ish because of my insulin)

Insulin is ineffective or half as effective in some unknown time interval (I estimate 2-4 hours) post HGH injection

How much HGH are you taking?

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 05:49:52 PM »
First... because you are already diabetic (I presume Type 1) you really should not be messing with HGH, even if you are taking it in a fasted state.

You make no mention of what you fasted blood glucose levels are and you make no mention of any other insulins you may be taking in addition to your meal time insulin.

Increased endogenous glucose production, decreased muscle glucose uptake and rising blood glucose levels are definitely problems you will see right out of the gates! These signs are NOT GOOD for any diabetic. HGH causes insulin resistance, and since your pancreas is already dead or close to it, HGH will only and certainly make your reading very high... just like you state.

What I find interesting is how HGH increases IGF-1 output. IGF-1 is insulin-mimetic in its structure and perhaps there is an issue there that is messing with things as well, not to mention that your insulin resistance being enhanced by HGH is totally killing the GLUT1 and GLUT4 benefits and the cascading effects they have that promote muscle growth.

If I was you, I would avoid HGH.

Great advice thank you very much man! I will stop HGH use, I had only been using it for about 3 weeks, just sucks to throw out the rest of it with it being so expensive, I had bought enough for 3 months at 4IU a day

Baras

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 11:19:49 PM »
A growth hormone gene that had an unintended effect on insulin production in mice has been hailed as a key variable in diabetes research.
Researchers at KU Leve, Belgium, expected the DNA of a human growth hormone, inserted alongside other modified DNA, to remain encapsulated tightly in the modified DNA of a mouse.
However, the mice began producing their own growth hormone, with pregnancy-like symptoms observed despite the mice not being pregnant to sleep better with https://afinil.com/modafinil-with-alcohol/ while you are going with alco .
These symptoms were due to the human growth hormone, according to KU Leven professor Professor Frans Schuit, which had the same effect as hormones that are produced in pregnant mice by the placenta. These findings have further reaching consequences for diabetes.
Unexpected turn
“Just as in pregnancy, the cells in the pancreas that are responsible for the production of insulin change. They increase in number and begin to produce more insulin. And that happens to be exactly what we study in diabetes research,” explained Schuit.
The researchers now believe the results of around 250 published studies on genetically modified mice need to be reinterpreted to assess the effect of the human growth hormone, and how it influences insulin production.
“We have to continue verifying our methods with a critical eye with, even if it means that research advances at a slower pace,” Schuit added. “For diabetes research, this unexpected turn is an important step forward. Now that the haze around the artificial growth hormone has been cleared, scientists can plan future research with a clear vision.”

antonio8t

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 07:17:31 AM »
A growth hormone gene that had an unintended effect on insulin production in mice has been hailed as a key variable in diabetes research.
Researchers at KU Leve, Belgium, expected the DNA of a human growth hormone, inserted alongside other modified DNA, to remain encapsulated tightly in the modified DNA of a mouse.
However, the mice began producing their own growth hormone, with pregnancy-like symptoms observed despite the mice not being pregnant.
These symptoms were due to the human growth hormone, according to KU Leven professor Professor Frans Schuit, which had the same effect as hormones that are produced in pregnant mice by the placenta. These findings have further reaching consequences for diabetes.

It's actually a valid point.

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »
I have never heard of this. What about taking your hgh before breakfast, doing some cardio, and monitoring your glucose? This way you you won’t have eaten anything and will not need insulin *in theory*. This is definitely and advanced question I would not depend on this crappy board for an answer. This board has gone way down hill

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
The OP question was about taking HGH while being diabetic - diabetics need insulin as the pancreas wont produce it. HGH causes insulin resistance and diabetics do not need more of that.
For "normal" people insulin is low in a fasted state. In this state opposing hormones like glucagon and growth hormone are already high.. its how the body works for normal people. In this state is where the body uses stored fat and burns it for energy!

your proposal of taking HGH prior to fasted state cardio is useless and unnecessary, as growth hormone is already elevated naturally when you are in a fasted sate... why add exogenous HGH when all you will be doing is telling your body it doesnt have to do this anymore and you end up fucking up what you body already does naturally.

This would not be a proper use-case for HGH in my opinion.

ryantaylor1996

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »

For example:

10am - HGH shot
11am - Lunch

I'm type 1 Diabetic too and have never tried HGH but will in the future so would be interested in any info you get on managing this, clenbutertol does the same with most type 1's but I've found a fairly successful ratio of adding 15% to your long acting insulin for the day for every 40mcg used so was expecting HGH to be a similar game of a percent increase based on the dose when I get round to it

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 02:48:05 AM »
The OP question was about taking HGH while being diabetic - diabetics need insulin as the pancreas wont produce it. HGH causes insulin resistance and diabetics do not need more of that.
For "normal" people insulin is low in a fasted state. In this state opposing hormones like glucagon and growth hormone are already high.. its how the body works for normal people. In this state is where the body uses stored fat and burns it for energy!

your proposal of taking HGH prior to fasted state cardio is useless and unnecessary, as growth hormone is already elevated naturally when you are in a fasted sate... why add exogenous HGH when all you will be doing is telling your body it doesnt have to do this anymore and you end up fucking up what you body already does naturally.

This would not be a proper use-case for HGH in my opinion.

Elevated sure. But nowhere near supraphysiological doses. Unless you have some numbers comparing fasted growth hormone levels to supraphysiological BB dose, not 1iu used In studies. Which you don’t

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »
You make my case... BB doses would make things worse for a diabetic, not better.

If you think taking HGH prior to fasted cardio is in any way beneficial, then by all means follow your assumptions.

The point I made is 100% correct - why bother taking growth hormone when in a fasted state HGH levels are already high and you are already in a fat burning mode? If you think jamming yourself with 15u of Chinese growth prior to cardio is beneficial, like I said, have at it.

"Elevated" is all you need to efficiently burn fat in a fasted state.... save the growth hormone for administration throughout remainder of the day. Correct, there are no studies such as this regarding BBing... why would there ever be? However, read the links below and then Google some more and perhaps your midset will change a bit.... just a suggestion.

Forgot to add some refernce:
From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
"Accordingly, the 24-h pulsatile pattern of GH secretion obtained from repetitive venous sampling in six normal adult male subjects was examined during a control fed day and during the first and fifth days of a 5-d fast. The GH data were analyzed using two distinct methods: a discrete pulse detection algorithm (Cluster analysis) and Fourier expansion time-series, which allows fixed periodicities of secretory activity to be resolved. The 5-d fast resulted in a significant increase in discrete GH pulse frequency (5.8 +/- 0.7 vs. 9.9 +/- 0.7 pulses/24 h, P = 0.028), 24 h integrated GH concentration (2.82 +/- 0.50 vs. 8.75 +/- 0.82 micrograms.min/ml; P = 0.0002), and maximal pulse amplitude (5.9 +/- 1.1 vs. 12.3 +/- 1.6 ng/ml, P less than 0.005)."

"Our data show that myocellular GH signaling is stimulated after exercise and fasting in terms of increased STAT5 phosphorylation and/or IGF-I gene expression. This suggests that exercise with brief, well-defined GH peaks leads to distinct STAT5 phosphorylation and subsequent IGF-I gene expression, whereas fasting induces more sporadic GH bursts and less distinct but more persistent activation of the GH signal."

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 12:32:08 AM »
All you responded with was “take GH throughout the day”..... not responding at all to OP’s diabetes issue

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
Did you read my other posts at the beginning of this thread?

I did indeed respond to the OP... just take the time to actually read what I wrote in the previous threads for this post....

My advice to OP was dont even bother with HGH as a diabetic.

My response to you was based on your inputs, which BTW had nothing to do with OP as well.

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:02 PM »
Wow so you offered no solution for him. Absolutely none, just some references, no real world experience. Have you used GH?

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 06:55:07 AM »
Wrong again... my solution was... if you actually read my first post on this thread, as to NOT take HGH as a diabetic!
Man, you are brilliant buddy!

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 03:17:47 AM »
Another keyboard warrior giving applicable real world advice !

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 03:34:27 PM »
no need fo insults now that Ive proved you wrong... search my previous posts and educate yourself buddy!

Gainsi

• Getbig III
  • Trensform
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
5 on 2 off. Keep your dosage in a normal range 2-4 units pharma or 5 units generic. 6 months 6 off

Baras

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »
The abnormal concentration of certain hormones which are insulin antagonist such as growth hormones can lead to diabetes. Excessive secretion of growth hormone will have an effect on the functioning of the pancreas.

Hypersecretion of growth hormone will lead to Acromegaly and Gigantism which will lead to insulin resistance and nearly half of the patients with hypersecretion of growth hormone with https://www.thediabeteself.net/supplements/sugar-balance-mind-blowing-progress-inside/ have impaired glucose tolerance & 10 % have significant chances of having Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.