Author Topic: Coronavirus - Could be exterminated if lockdown is lifted  (Read 5612 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Coronavirus - Could be exterminated if lockdown is lifted
« on: April 07, 2020, 11:05:49 PM »
Interesting point.... discuss

Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be 'exterminated' if lockdowns lifted. 'What people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don't really know why'

The unprecedented policy of mass quarantine to "flatten the curve" is only prolonging the coronavirus pandemic, contends a veteran scholar of epidemiology. The virus could be "exterminated" within weeks if people were allowed to lead normal lives and the vulnerable were sheltered until the virus passes, said Knut Wittkowski, Ph.D., the former head of the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design at the Rockefeller University in New York City.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/epidemiologist-coronavirus-exterminated-lockdowns-lifted

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - Could be enterminated if lockdown is lifted
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 11:11:43 PM »
Only lift the quarantine when all small businesses collapse and Amazon fills the gap.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:22:56 PM »
I'm sick of this coronavirus lockdown shit, can only go to work and shopping, literally 95% are over 80 years old and already have underlying health issues, so because of them  everyone else has to suffer, how about they quarantine for 2 weeks and let us all get covid

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 11:45:50 PM »

Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be 'exterminated' if lockdowns lifted. 'What people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don't really know why'

The unprecedented policy of mass quarantine to "flatten the curve" is only prolonging the coronavirus pandemic, contends a veteran scholar of epidemiology. The virus could be "exterminated" within weeks if people were allowed to lead normal lives and the vulnerable were sheltered until the virus passes, said Knut Wittkowski, Ph.D., the former head of the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design at the Rockefeller University in New York City.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/epidemiologist-coronavirus-exterminated-lockdowns-lifted

I was thinking about this very same thing today as I was at the store, wearing a mask and protective gloves. How will we build up a resistance to COVID-19 if our exposure is greatly limited. Won't this virus just keep revisiting us. When its season returns, possibly in a year, will the world's economy shut down again? Like it or not the survivors will survive because it is the process of natural selection. The weak succumb and and the strong survive to pass on resistance to it.

As we learn more about the natural antivirus some people develop who have contracted COVID-19 became ill and survived or those who already had a resistance and got it without symptoms, we may see how the pandemic was more of a panic reaction than anything else.

I am among those who are considered more vulnerable to having a severe if not deadly reaction to COVID-19, so I don't think I am being cavalier when I suggest that it could be best in the long run to just let the virus take it's course in hopes that we come up with an antivirus for future outbreaks.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:50:18 PM »
Who cares? Poor Little Ronnie is only 5’6”!😢

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:06:00 AM »
I was thinking about this very same thing today as I was at the store, wearing a mask and protective gloves. How will we build up a resistance to COVID-19 if our exposure is greatly limited. Won't this virus just keep revisiting us. When its season returns, possibly in a year, will the world's economy shut down again? Like it or not the survivors will survive because it is the process of natural selection. The weak succumb and and the strong survive to pass on resistance to it.

As we learn more about the natural antivirus some people develop who have contracted COVID-19 became ill and survived or those who already had a resistance and got it without symptoms, we may see how the pandemic was more of a panic reaction than anything else.

I am among those who are considered more vulnerable to having a severe if not deadly reaction to COVID-19, so I don't think I am being cavalier when I suggest that it could be best in the long run to just let the virus take it's course in hopes that we come up with an antivirus for future outbreaks.

I went into the grocery store yesterday and immediately felt conspicuous as one of the 3 people out of maybe 100(early morning) without a mask. The masked people were a one out six minority in the same store just one week earlier. I've yet to wear a mask and feel great, so far  :P.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »
If COVID19 is one of those diseases that’s around for good, and you’re alive and walking the earth, you will eventually get it, like the regular cold or flu. This lockdown is prolonging the inevitable.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 01:07:44 AM »
Wittkoeski is gangsta:

“Wittkowski was asked his opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the key medical expert on the White House coronavirus task force who has promoted the mass quarantine strategy.

‘Well, I'm not paid by the government, so I'm entitled to actually do science,’ he replied.”
X

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18:20 AM »
Wittkoeski is gangsta:

“Wittkowski was asked his opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the key medical expert on the White House coronavirus task force who has promoted the mass quarantine strategy.

‘Well, I'm not paid by the government, so I'm entitled to actually do science,’ he replied.”

It’s starting to Morph into an income inequality story.

Apparently, Chinese nationals traveled 7k miles to the US so they could visit the worst neighborhoods where they would be most likely to get robbed and killed:

Looks like we’re gonna have to move the goalposts again to explain this one.

What a fucking scam:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/

A Post analysis of available data and census demographics shows that counties that are majority-black have three times the rate of infections and almost six times the rate of deaths as counties where white residents are in the majority.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:40 AM »
I'm sick of this coronavirus lockdown shit, can only go to work and shopping, literally 95% are over 80 years old and already have underlying health issues, so because of them  everyone else has to suffer, how about they quarantine for 2 weeks and let us all get covid

Lucky you, I'm not allowed to walk in the street outside my property.

Not really a lockdown if people are still going to work and commuting as usual.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:34:10 AM »
Is this non original hebrew drunk? Enterminated?

Anyway this  Knut Wittkowski guy is surprisingly very poorly informed for a scientist. He is talking about herd immunity already existing in Asian countries because cases of covid19 aren't increasing. Cases aren't increasing because of social distancing measures and testing in those countries.

Dr John Ioannidis is the most reasonable voice I've heard in all this. Regardless of what you think about the virus. "It's just flu" or "it a cover up to print money" or "it's a 21st century plague" or "the ensuing depression will be worse than the virus" he breaks it done and it explain all sides of the arguments.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:23:48 AM »
Is this non original hebrew drunk? Enterminated?

Anyway this  Knut Wittkowski guy is surprisingly very poorly informed for a scientist. He is talking about herd immunity already existing in Asian countries because cases of covid19 aren't increasing. Cases aren't increasing because of social distancing measures and testing in those countries.

Dr John Ioannidis is the most reasonable voice I've heard in all this. Regardless of what you think about the virus. "It's just flu" or "it a cover up to print money" or "it's a 21st century plague" or "the ensuing depression will be worse than the virus" he breaks it done and it explain all sides of the arguments.

I wasn’t gonna sit there and watch that guy go on for an hour but I did watch a little bit and the first thing he said was that there were major gaps in the data.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 03:36:26 AM »
I wasn’t gonna sit there and watch that guy go on for an hour but I did watch a little bit and the first thing he said was that there were major gaps in the data.

Watch the whole video. In the long term it will actually save you hours of your time as it will help you identify what's fake news, what's news with an agenda and just generally what nonsense to ignore.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 03:45:45 AM »
Watch the whole video. In the long term it will actually save you hours of your time as it will help you identify what's fake news, what's news with an agenda and just generally what nonsense to ignore.

I’m familiar with Far Rockaway. It’s the Dindu section of Rockaway Beach. It’s a very isolated area yet has way higher infection rate than the much more densely populated upper Eastside of Manhattan that has gyms everywhere in addition to boutique fitness centers on every block as well as yoga studios, CrossFit, martial arts, bars, restaurants etc.

Does the Professor explain this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8178159/New-York-City-map-reveals-poorer-neighborhoods-higher-rates-coronavirus.html

The difference is starkly highlighted in Rockaway, Queens, where 436 people have tested positive among the community that lives in public housing in Far Rockaway but at the far end of the island, residents in their $1million Belle Harbor homes only have 143 cases.

—————-

As a said it’s morphing into an income inequality issue.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 03:53:31 AM »
Those Chinese from Wuhan must really love hanging out in the ‘hood, or could there be something else going on😉

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/coronavirus-race.html

On Tuesday, President Trump acknowledged the growing signs of disparity, and said that federal authorities were working to provide statistics over the next two or three days that might help examine the issue. “Why is it that the African-American community is so much, numerous times more than everybody else?” he said at a daily briefing on the coronavirus

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 04:02:48 AM »
I’m familiar with Far Rockaway. It’s the Dindu section of Rockaway Beach. It’s a very isolated area yet has way higher infection rate than the much more densely populated upper Eastside of Manhattan that has gyms everywhere in addition to boutique fitness centers on every block as well as yoga studios, CrossFit, martial arts, bars, restaurants etc.

Does the Professor explain this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8178159/New-York-City-map-reveals-poorer-neighborhoods-higher-rates-coronavirus.html

The difference is starkly highlighted in Rockaway, Queens, where 436 people have tested positive among the community that lives in public housing in Far Rockaway but at the far end of the island, residents in their $1million Belle Harbor homes only have 143 cases.

—————-

As a said it’s morphing into an income inequality issue.

He thinks the number of healthy people who are infected, but who wouldn't even think they had the virus or wouldn't bother to get tested is a much higher figure than what's generally believed.

I would guess it's infected roughly the same numbers in the city regardless of neighbourhoods. The increase in tested cases in certain neighbourhoods is probably related to drug use. Smoking/inhaling all those toxic drugs like crack cocaine and all those are impurities will fuck up your lungs like a mofo. That would mean more people with moderate/severe symptoms so more people wanting to get tested, hence more cases.

Also the dailymail is a garbage newspaper when it comes to anything science or analytical related.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 04:28:47 AM »

Sweden, which broke international trends and didn't implement a lockdown in its bid to slow the coronavirus, has so far avoided a mass outbreak.

The country moved to protect the most vulnerable while doing little to slow the virus through the rest of the population as most workplaces, restaurants, and bars were still open.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-refused-implement-coronavirus-lockdown-121642208.html

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 04:28:52 AM »
Posted this three days ago. A lot of guys very much behind the actual data on here hence why some are still overly concerned about this.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 04:45:09 AM »
Posted this three days ago. A lot of guys very much behind the actual data on here hence why some are still overly concerned about this.

Every day they have to come up with a new excuse for why a model has failed or why blacks are getting hit at a much higher rate than whites. When you’re always having to move the goalpost it’s because the story is shit.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 05:00:04 AM »
Every day they have to come up with a new excuse for why a model has failed or why blacks are getting hit at a much higher rate than whites. When you’re always having to move the goalpost it’s because the story is shit.

The imperial model was originally giving a worst case scenario for death figures based on the data they had at the time.

But how can anyone say a model failed if the parameters change and the figures from the model change with it? The model is most likely flawed, but saying it's failed just makes you look dense.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 05:10:50 AM »
When are we going to become Italy?  Still waiting for the overloaded ICUs and people being pulled off ventilators to die.  Couple more weeks?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 05:13:11 AM »
I've been saying this for weeks.  From now on don't listen to the media or doctors, ask me first. 8)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 05:18:23 AM »

Not sure if serious.

We have a virus for which there is no functioning vaccine and the pharmacological interventions available are experimental at best without any viable cocktail to effectively treat and/or contain the virus.

Herd immunity would work, if we had a vaccine. Short of that, by sending out Americans (country ranking #12 in highest obesity rates) to conduct business as usual, we take an insurmountable risk. Remember that risk factors include heart disease, pulmonary disease, renal disease, Diabetes, Obesity, an immunocompromised state and advanced age (to name a few). If you look at the actual demographics of professional bodybuilding, the foundation by which this and other bodybuilding websites sit on would be pulled out from underneath given that 98% of professional bodybuilders walk the earth in an obese state with heart disease (high blood pressure/high cholesterol) and likely compromised renal capacity given their propensity to use NSAIDs. If you wanted to thin out the IFBB herd, this idea might be the ticket needed to get new faces on the Olympia stage.

Unfortunately, it's a little too risky to take such an ambitious risk, given that this virus has proven to be astronomically deadly in those with the aforementioned risk factors. What we do know is that children and the young (teenagers etc) are relatively spared, as are adults (<55yrs of age) with no major risk factors. Spared in the sense that while they do get the coronavirus and experience terrible flu-like symptoms with the additional shortness of breath, most recover without developing the full cascade of pneumonia > Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome > Septic shock > Systemic inflammatory response syndrome > Multiple System organ failure.

I think that given a little more time (how much time exactly, I don't know), true infectious disease experts like ID medical doctors (not just an epidemiologist that only studies stats and figures) & the pharmaceutical companies (chemists/scientists) developing new treatments, will hopefully find a viable pharmacological cocktail and/or vaccine, via a lot of empirical treatment + trial and error, that will help us in properly treating this pathogen.

Remember, the conservative percentage of survival vs death we have heard on the news suggest that 98.5% survive the virus, but that 1.5% suffer fatality. If it is true that this virus will likely affect all Americans, are we as a country truly ready to take the risk of having all 331,002,651 Americans infected, knowing that there is a high chance that 4,965,039 of them will die? Are we potentially ready for that death toll? I am not too sure. Most of us would be fine, but a select group would die.

Whereby, the other option is to continue with social distancing, allow those that are sick (but not dying) to slowly recover, develop antibodies to the disease and hopefully no longer be contagious AND then slowly reopen the flood gates to business as usual in society. By doing this, although a slow and incredibly frustrating process, we have a better chance at reducing the overall number of deaths.

Just my $0.02,

"1"

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
These lockdowns were never intended to stop the virus, merely stop it from infecting everyone at the same time.  The benefit of that should be obvious.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.