Author Topic: Training only works when your overeating putting on weight HARDCORE TRUTH  (Read 4046 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
For natural training

I’if I try to put on 10to15 pounds of bodyweight I will gain strength without training my ass off

Or I can train my ass off and keep my calories to where I don’t gain weight and I also won’t get any strength gains
A

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
For natural training

I’if I try to put on 10to15 pounds of bodyweight I will gain strength without training my ass off

Or I can train my ass off and keep my calories to where I don’t gain weight and I also won’t get any strength gains

You're just now discovering this?

You won't gain any strength or size if you train to the point where you beat yourself up beyond your body's ability to recover in a timely fashion.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
You're just now discovering this?

You won't gain any strength or size if you train to the point where you beat yourself up beyond your body's ability to recover in a timely fashion.
even if you train low volume or perfect volume you won’t gain shit unless that bodyweight increases. Don’t be under the fantasy of a perfect rep volume schematic!

Calories Trump everything
A

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
even if you train low volume or perfect volume you won’t gain shit unless that bodyweight increases. Don’t be under the fantasy of a perfect rep volume schematic!

Again, you're just now discovering this?

You still don't grow if you don't recover; calories are part of that recovery process.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
For natural training

Did you just watch Blaha's newest video?

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
And thats why the Worlds Strongest Man doesnt weigh 200 lbs Marty.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

Why bring Trump into it?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Again, you're just now discovering this?

You still don't grow if you don't recover; calories are part of that recovery process.
yes
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
Getting big and strong...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

F

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
I think this applies to everyone. I have the exact same issue. I keep overtraining instead of resting and eating. You don't grow training you grow eating. Training conditions your size but size comes from food not the gym.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why bring Trump into it?
                            oh no he didn't, nobody knows more about diet than trump. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
I remember Baldwin melting down hard on IronAge when someone said he took steroids.
Comical...

All chicken and rice for ole Baldy  ::)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I remember Baldwin melting down hard on IronAge when someone said he took steroids.
Comical...

All chicken and rice for ole Baldy  ::)
  ironage was a haven for old steroid users, you would be banned if you mentioned how they got their legendary physiques. ;D ;D ;D
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
  ironage was a haven for old steroid users, you would be banned if you mentioned how they got their legendary physiques. ;D ;D ;D
Yup.......IA refused to believe that their old heroes used gear.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
For natural training

Why in the world would you want to gain weight?

IroNat

• Getbig V

A strange place of denial.

Baldwin's meltdown was epic.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
This is so valid. I took yesterday off from lifting and my morning weight went up significantly today. I have been having some tendonitis as well going to take another day to eat and rest and recover see if it happens again.

IroNat

• Getbig V
This is so valid. I took yesterday off from lifting and my morning weight went up significantly today. I have been having some tendonitis as well going to take another day to eat and rest and recover see if it happens again.

That's the way a Mensa member thinks, bro.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I liked Wes's Ultimate Orange board better.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
                            oh no he didn't, nobody knows more about diet than trump. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Trump's fast food diet has him living longer than most athletes and especially bodybuilders.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III

Sigh...yeah.  There were so many nice, good guys there, but the mere mention of drugs or insinuation of perversion, and BAM:  the moderators would cut the conversation faster than Bhank can post a new weigh-in video.

For example, I was curious about just how crazy the Mentzers could be.  I knew Mike and talked to him here and there over the years ('96-'99ish?).  I had started as his phone client, but he liked me enough to forego charging me; he'd offer free training advice*, then we'd just shoot the shit.  I in turn really liked him, too.  He was obviously obsessed with Rand and Jones, but he was a funny fucker and didn't pull punches.

*Some of that advice was quite good.  When it was shaky, it at least got me thinking along a more productive track; and when it was bad, well...it was bad.  He went nuts with the reduction in volume and frequency shit.  Two hard sets a week or less?  Ground Control to Major Mentzer!  (His earlier routines, while imperfect, were far better.)

I digress.  I wanted to read stories about my old pal, and not just the "hurhur he drank urine" crap Duchaine put out.  But IA would have none of it :/

I can't say I blame them.  Shawn Perine was probably restricted as a Weider employee in the amount of gossip his bosses deemed appropriate, particularly given how Joe and Ben had many a rumor about them.  Anyone familiar with how they allegedly wanted Padilla to dress up like a schoolboy or somesuch?  LOL.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sigh...yeah.  There were so many nice, good guys there, but the mere mention of drugs or insinuation of perversion, and BAM:  the moderators would cut the conversation faster than Bhank can post a new weigh-in video.

For example, I was curious about just how crazy the Mentzers could be.  I knew Mike and talked to him here and there over the years ('96-'99ish?).  I had started as his phone client, but he liked me enough to forego charging me; he'd offer free training advice*, then we'd just shoot the shit.  I in turn really liked him, too.  He was obviously obsessed with Rand and Jones, but he was a funny fucker and didn't pull punches.

*Some of that advice was quite good.  When it was shaky, it at least got me thinking along a more productive track; and when it was bad, well...it was bad.  He went nuts with the reduction in volume and frequency shit.  Two hard sets a week or less?  Ground Control to Major Mentzer!  (His earlier routines, while imperfect, were far better.)

I digress.  I wanted to read stories about my old pal, and not just the "hurhur he drank urine" crap Duchaine put out.  But IA would have none of it :/

I can't say I blame them.  Shawn Perine was probably restricted as a Weider employee in the amount of gossip his bosses deemed appropriate, particularly given how Joe and Ben had many a rumor about them.  Anyone familiar with how they allegedly wanted Padilla to dress up like a schoolboy or somesuch?  LOL.
Yup,I was a moderator there for quite a while but got sick of the censorship and petty BS after a while so I stopped going there completely.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
Why in the world would you want to gain weight?

Simply sniffing paint thinner and eating grass clippings aren't yielding muscle growth fast enough, I reckon.  The only logical alternative is to gorge and force the body to comply.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Simply sniffing paint thinner and eating grass clippings aren't yielding muscle growth fast enough, I reckon.  The only logical alternative is to gorge and force the body to comply.
LOL  ;D