Author Topic: Intercontinental History Info & Stats  (Read 3695 times)

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Intercontinental History Info & Stats
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
I like to look back at the history kind of stuff.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/intercontinental/

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Intercontinental History Info & Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
The belt has become kind of a joke IMO. Bret said on his dvd that they routinley put the IC belt on the greatest worker, and that it used to mean something. Look at all the legends that held it Steamboat, Savage, Bret, Hennig, Hall the list goes on. Some of the greatest matches were for that belt; Savage v Steamboat, Ladder match at WM10, Rude v Warrior.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »
The belt has become kind of a joke IMO. Bret said on his dvd that they routinley put the IC belt on the greatest worker, and that it used to mean something. Look at all the legends that held it Steamboat, Savage, Bret, Hennig, Hall the list goes on. Some of the greatest matches were for that belt; Savage v Steamboat, Ladder match at WM10, Rude v Warrior.
all the belts are a joke now,,,,imagine trying to hold fans interest with 2/ 5 yr champ like backlund,flair yr and yrs in a row.but wrestling is marketed way different then 80's era.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 01:49:41 AM »

So true. Back then, you knew that the guy who was getting the IC belt, was on his way to the top. Call it a warm up, for the World title. Now-a-days.... :-\

He's right, it was often held by the best workers.
HAHA, RON.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
So true. Back then, you knew that the guy who was getting the IC belt, was on his way to the top. Call it a warm up, for the World title. Now-a-days.... :-\

He's right, it was often held by the best workers.
every belt is like that now. The tag title are worthless now too. They throw together two random guys give them the belts then break them up a week later. Even the teams that are real tag teams they split up when they run out of ideas for them. Not every team should stay together forever, but i'd like some continuity.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »
every belt is like that now. The tag title are worthless now too. They throw together two random guys give them the belts then break them up a week later. Even the teams that are real tag teams they split up when they run out of ideas for them. Not every team should stay together forever, but i'd like some continuity.
true ,fate is what broke road warriors up,death of hawk,they would have kept going.steiners were together long time,the ulta jacked persona of scott could not have lasted with rick,

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »
true ,fate is what broke road warriors up,death of hawk,they would have kept going.steiners were together long time,the ulta jacked persona of scott could not have lasted with rick,
yup. When the attitude era started the belts started to get passed around like candy. I think in 99 the ic belts changed hands like 13 times, Honky Tonk had it for over a year and a half i think in the lates 80's. I guess with th demographics at the time, with an ADD attention span that wouldn't have gotten ratings.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »
The title does not mean what it used to.  Back in the day the IC Title ment you were no. 2  not now.
There have been so many good IC Champs though.  That was one of the best looking belts also.  The one now is ugly