Author Topic: REAL backstage brawls/fights that have been heard down the grapevine...  (Read 92819 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Tonga Fifita aka Haku aka Meng toughest man in wrestling....
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:25 AM »
Yeah, Kurt is/was an accomplished wrestler. I just don't see a guy who beat up on drunks at bars handling Brock.

haha, I don't either...Kurt was probably the only one who could handle Brock without throwing a punch....not saying others couldn't if they caught him, but from what I understand Kurt tied him in a knot.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
there is a rumor that Kurt Angle handled Brock backstage....no homo.

And Chris Jericho did likewise on a plane.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »
And Chris Jericho did likewise on a plane.
And that is why Jericho got a ton of respect from the rest of the guys. he took on Brock and didn't back down at all.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »
Y2J also sorted out Goldberg back in WCW.
Cinched him in a simple front facelock, and poor Bill didn't know what to do.

Of course, Bret proudly bragged wrote about the incident in his Calgary Sun column, implying that it was "Dungeon training" that enabled Chris to conquer the real life Goliath.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
I remember seeing a WWF promo where Haku was eating a live lobster...crazy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
Wahoo McDaniel was said to have drank a quart of motor oil on a bet in college.
He said the only side-effect he experienced was that for about a week, anytime he sweat, he smelt like a truck.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 04:30:51 AM »
He said the only side-effect he experienced was that for about a week, anytime he sweat, he smelt like a truck.

That is crazy!  :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 06:01:12 AM »

haha, Wahoo was legendary at Oklahoma.  Read a story where he was living on 2nd or 3rd floor of the athletic dorm and a coke machine took his money....he dragged it down the hall and shoved it out a window....and if anybody remember the old coke machines weighed a boatload.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 09:03:02 AM »
haha, Wahoo was legendary at Oklahoma.  Read a story where he was living on 2nd or 3rd floor of the athletic dorm and a coke machine took his money....he dragged it down the hall and shoved it out a window....and if anybody remember the old coke machines weighed a boatload.
Ric Flair said on his dvd that Wahoo had the craziest chop he ever took. He said he felt black and blue all over after wrestling him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 09:06:49 AM »
Wahoo did pretty well for himself.
Unfortunately, that chop was about the extent of what he could do in the ring.

They once put him in a mask (because the angle was that he was supposed to have been banished from the territory).
His opponents handcuffed him to the ropes inside the ring.
To fight back, he started doing those trademark chops of his because he didn’t know how else to work.

Everybody knew who he was.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
I have quite a few Wahoo stories, since he was in the old Mid-Atlantic when I was a kid.  I once saw him and Flair wrestling on the Cherokee reservation.....you want to talk about heat!  Before the match started someone threw a piece of brick at Flair, it missed and hit the poor ref in the mouth.  Thought there was going to be a riot when of course Flair did something shady for the victory.  And as Flair is walking back to the dressing room the fans are right on top of him, cussing, yelling, threatening, etc....    can't beat the old territory days.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »
I have quite a few Wahoo stories, since he was in the old Mid-Atlantic when I was a kid.  I once saw him and Flair wrestling on the Cherokee reservation.....you want to talk about heat!  Before the match started someone threw a piece of brick at Flair, it missed and hit the poor ref in the mouth.  Thought there was going to be a riot when of course Flair did something shady for the victory.  And as Flair is walking back to the dressing room the fans are right on top of him, cussing, yelling, threatening, etc....    can't beat the old territory days.
Thats pretty crazy s**t. I remember on the horseman dvd when Arn Anderson said that after Flair's match with Ivan Koloff in a steel cage when Dusty Rhodes came in to help Flair so to speak and Arn & Ole Anderson with Flair all jumped Dusty breaking his ankle (kayfabe). They said that after that fiasco, it took them almost an hour to leave the ring because about 5 thousand fans where ready to riot so they couldn't.

Any other interesting Wahoo stories? I know he was very well respected by old school wrestlers.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
Thats pretty crazy s**t. I remember on the horseman dvd when Arn Anderson said that after Flair's match with Ivan Koloff in a steel cage when Dusty Rhodes came in to help Flair so to speak and Arn & Ole Anderson with Flair all jumped Dusty breaking his ankle (kayfabe). They said that after that fiasco, it took them almost an hour to leave the ring because about 5 thousand fans where ready to riot so they couldn't.

Any other interesting Wahoo stories? I know he was very well respected by old school wrestlers.

This isn't first hand from me, but from interviews i heard/read with Flair and Steamboat, but they talked about how Wahoo was the Crockett's enforcer.  if somebody was getting out of line, they would put them in a program with Wahoo and let him chop them back in line....haha....they said if it was really bad, they would put them in a strap match with him....haha, evidently Wahoo didn't consider his style stiff as he could take exactly as much as he handed out.

Just one tough SOB.  Like Monty said, not a lot of scientific action, but he was so believable and had classic fueds.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »
This isn't first hand from me, but from interviews i heard/read with Flair and Steamboat, but they talked about how Wahoo was the Crockett's enforcer.  if somebody was getting out of line, they would put them in a program with Wahoo and let him chop them back in line....haha....they said if it was really bad, they would put them in a strap match with him....haha, evidently Wahoo didn't consider his style stiff as he could take exactly as much as he handed out.

Just one tough SOB.  Like Monty said, not a lot of scientific action, but he was so believable and had classic fueds.
Wahoo was a legitimate tough guy in real life. Those chops were fierce.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
Wahoo was a legitimate tough guy in real life. Those chops were fierce.

He lived in Shelby, NC after he retired.  A friend of mine married a girl from there and she said it was sad when his health was deteriorating, you would see him walking to his mailbox and it was painful to watch......but he stayed pretty rowdy....liked to fish and drink!  Man, it would have been cool to just sit on a lake and listen to him tell stories.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 12:06:50 PM »

He lived in Shelby, NC after he retired.  A friend of mine married a girl from there and she said it was sad when his health was deteriorating, you would see him walking to his mailbox and it was painful to watch......but he stayed pretty rowdy....liked to fish and drink!  Man, it would have been cool to just sit on a lake and listen to him tell stories.....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Let's hear all the crazy party/backstage stories you guys know/heard!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »
I'm just 1/4 way through Flair's book 'To be the man' having had read Austin's, Foley's , Hogan's, and a shitload of other's, let's hear all the good stories from the 80's and 90's (ie. Janetty leaving Sheik with a girl only to come back to a police/ambulance scene and sheik freaking out) all those good juicy stories! maybe we can make this a stickie

:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
One night after a house show, the boys went to a peeler in NYC and Vince tagged along with them. The boys and Vince McMahon got so drunk that other wrestlers started giving Vince their finishing moves on the stage. RR Animal hoisted Vince up and they gave him the Dooms Day Device when Hawk dove off a table with a clothesline. They then dared anyone else to do that to their boss. The Harts then stepped up and gave Vince the "Heart Attack" and Vince went splat on the stage. All in good fun, they were all kicked out of the peeler and Vinny Mack woke up with a serious hangover the next day.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I'm surprised no one's posted some EPIC Sheik stories yet, the guy is a walking 'youtube' moment literally everywhere he goes, but I guess that's what happens when you smoke crack on a regular basis, lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
I'm surprised no one's posted some EPIC Sheik stories yet, the guy is a walking 'youtube' moment literally everywhere he goes, but I guess that's what happens when you smoke crack on a regular basis, lol

\Lol...did you ever see the youtube clip where Sheik and Warrior were at the same autograph signing? Warrior said that he didn't want to be around any other wrestler as he felt he wa above them and when Sheik caught wind of this he blew up on Warrior saying "I'm gonna put you in a real camel clutch and break your back and then fuck you up the ass!" Funny shit. It took about 5 security guards to calm him down.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
\Lol...did you ever see the youtube clip where Sheik and Warrior were at the same autograph signing? Warrior said that he didn't want to be around any other wrestler as he felt he wa above them and when Sheik caught wind of this he blew up on Warrior saying "I'm gonna put you in a real camel clutch and break your back and then fuck you up the ass!" Funny shit. It took about 5 security guards to calm him down.

Of course , that's a youtube classic!

here's some other gold to get the thread started..

fucking goldmine!

Playboy

• Getbig V
Of course , that's a youtube classic!

here's some other gold to get the thread started..

fucking goldmine!

This one was gold. Short arm clotheslines some drunk broad and knocks her out. Wow...lol...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
It's the way Janetty tells it tho, his Sheik impersonations are dead on, I would pay to watch that guy talk about the old days for hours!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I just found some more Youtube GOLD about the WWE plane ride from hell, with all the wrestlers fucked up on all sorts of drugs and other shit!

Playboy

• Getbig V
Didn't Brock Lesner and Curt Henning get into a scrap on the plane over who was the better wrestler on that same flight?