Author Topic: Wrestlemania card - WEAK!!  (Read 19578 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Wrestlemania card - WEAK!!
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
I think the Edge-Del Rio match will be really good. They need some filler matches. It really was a mistake to get rid of MIITB. I'm interested to see what they do with Mysterio. They have Sin Cara coming in and Cody has great character development. I hope Rey puts him over.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
I think the Edge-Del Rio match will be really good. They need some filler matches. It really was a mistake to get rid of MIITB. I'm interested to see what they do with Mysterio. They have Sin Cara coming in and Cody has great character development. I hope Rey puts him over.

They need to push Cody.

Give him a chance to run with the ball......I always thought he had potential.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »
They need to push Cody.

Give him a chance to run with the ball......I always thought he had potential.
I agree. I thought Dibiase would be the bigger of the two. Granted, they are far from done but Cody looks like a star. I don't know what they are doing with Ted. No matter what he does he can't get out from his dad's shadow.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 01:57:56 AM »
I agree. I thought Dibiase would be the bigger of the two. Granted, they are far from done but Cody looks like a star. I don't know what they are doing with Ted. No matter what he does he can't get out from his dad's shadow.

Well it sucks they tried to have him do the whole million dollar belt gimmick, he'll never get under his dads shadow like that.

I think it helps Cody that he looks or acts nothing like his dad did. The only way you know they are father/son is the name.

But Cody does have a bit of his dads charisma. They just need to let him loose. The narcissistic gimmick is perfect for him and hes a natural at it. He can take that pretty far. I think his lack of a physical intimidation factor hurts him though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »
There has been an update to the two main event matches:

According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

– As of yesterday, creative plans called for Triple H vs. The Undertaker to conclude WrestleMania, with no career ending stipulations.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 12:26:10 PM »
There has been an update to the two main event matches:

According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

– As of yesterday, creative plans called for Triple H vs. The Undertaker to conclude WrestleMania, with no career ending stipulations.

Cena-Miz should close the show. I think HHH is looking for a "signature" WM match. He has been overshadowed by Hogan-Rock and Taker-HBK, on seperate cards.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
Cena-Miz should close the show. I think HHH is looking for a "signature" WM match. He has been overshadowed by Hogan-Rock and Taker-HBK, on seperate cards.
Lets face it though, Mass, I would rather watch an old Taker vs HHH anyday over the other matches on that particular card. The card is lame.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »
As soon as DiBiase came out last night on Raw I thought of this post. Then HHH mopped the floor with him. I don't think his future looks bright..
Nah, he is just paying his dues. HHH had to endure the same bullshit when he did the infomous MSG curtain call incident and look where he is today. Remember, he was already a huge star making a million dollars a year and a two time world champion in 1999-2001 prior to Stephanie.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
Can't wait for the Sheamus-Danielson match. I think it will be great. Good to see a midcard belt be given a serious match at the show.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 04:52:07 AM »
Can't wait for the Sheamus-Danielson match. I think it will be great. Good to see a midcard belt be given a serious match at the show.
Bryan is a pheonmenal ring tech. I could watch him wrestle all day long. His ROH work was amazing. They should be using him more often on cards as well as bringing some prestige back in the US and Intercontinental titles.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 05:30:21 AM »
Bryan is a pheonmenal ring tech. I could watch him wrestle all day long. His ROH work was amazing. They should be using him more often on cards as well as bringing some prestige back in the US and Intercontinental titles.

I would like to see them unify the U.S. and I-C belts.
Together, they seem redundant, and having both diminishes the value of each, IMO.
I feel the same about the world titles.

I'm glad they never carried over WCW's TV title.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 05:35:10 AM »

I would like to see them unify the U.S. and I-C belts.
Together, they seem redundant, and having both diminishes the value of each, IMO.
I feel the same about the world titles.

I'm glad they never carried over WCW's TV title.

I still think to this day they have too many titles. Do you really need to World titles? WWE and the World?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
I still think to this day they have too many titles. Do you really need to World titles? WWE and the World?

Titles don't mean as much when almost everyone on the roster has one.
That's the law of diminishing returns...

Just have 1 brand, 3 titles, and keep the belts on one group/team for at least several months at a time.

A unification tourney would probably help reestablish some credibility to the belts from a story-line perspective.
Remember the final match of WM4, when they had Robin Leach carry out the H-W title on an elegantly framed display case upholstered with red velvet?
Then, Macho came to the ring with his $8K sequinned robe accompanied by Liz in her designer dress and dripping with diamond-encrusted jewelry.
Talk about presentation!

Contrast that with the guys who walk to the ring carrying the belt in their hand, holding it down by their waist with one strap dragging on the ground.
Yeah, it worked for Austin, but for everyone else..."you ain't Austin."
Just wear the fcuking belt!
Jerome Bettis doesn't carry his Super Bowl ring in his pocket when attending events.

You W-E-A-R THE BELT.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 08:07:28 AM »

Titles don't mean as much when almost everyone on the roster has one.
That's the law of diminishing returns...

Just have 1 brand, 3 titles, and keep the belts on one group/team for at least several months at a time.

A unification tourney would probably help reestablish some credibility to the belts from a story-line perspective.
Remember the final match of WM4, when they had Robin Leach carry out the H-W title on an elegantly framed display case upholstered with red velvet?
Then, Macho came to the ring with his $8K sequinned robe accompanied by Liz in her designer dress and dripping with diamond-encrusted jewelry.
Talk about presentation!

Contrast that with the guys who walk to the ring carrying the belt in their hand, holding it down by their waist with one strap dragging on the ground.
Yeah, it worked for Austin, but for everyone else..."you ain't Austin."
Just wear the fcuking belt!
Jerome Bettis doesn't carry his Super Bowl ring in his pocket when attending events.

You W-E-A-R THE BELT.

I couldn't agree more and very good point on the attire and presentation of WM4 and Robin Leech. I always noted the elegance of it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

Well, for nearly 4 years, there were THREE world titles: WWE, WCW/World, and ECW.

Nah, he is just paying his dues. HHH had to endure the same bullshit when he did the infomous MSG curtain call incident and look where he is today. Remember, he was already a huge star making a million dollars a year and a two time world champion in 1999-2001 prior to Stephanie.

If he paid any dues, they were short and cheap, as that incident happened in May and Helmsley ended up Intercontinental champion by October. Of course, Ahmed Johnson's injury threw the whole IC title thing out of whack.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Yeah, Undertaker and HHH have no wrestling skills. HHH is only employed because of Stephanie, otherwise he would have been released in 2002.  Undertaker is too old and has been carried since 1998. Did I miss anything?

No, they don't.

HHH got by simply being a HBK stooge and VKM brown nose dog.  He stuck to the "truth" version of the Hitman incident of being screwed over.  Vince rewarded him.  He hasn't done jack shit in the past year and gets a wrestlemania match?  Based on what?  Another redundant recap match.

Taker ain't done shit all year long either except get in Brocks face and make a little publicity.  At his own expense because despite his little MMA obsession and being a big fish in a fake pond, Brock would ass rape him in the octagon in front of everyone.  Anyone even assuming that Taker would want to legit fight him needs their head checked.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
No, they don't.

HHH got by simply being a HBK stooge and VKM brown nose dog.  He stuck to the "truth" version of the Hitman incident of being screwed over.  Vince rewarded him.  He hasn't done jack shit in the past year and gets a wrestlemania match?  Based on what?  Another redundant recap match.

Taker ain't done shit all year long either except get in Brocks face and make a little publicity.  At his own expense because despite his little MMA obsession and being a big fish in a fake pond, Brock would ass rape him in the octagon in front of everyone.  Anyone even assuming that Taker would want to legit fight him needs their head checked.
Someones pretty serious here.......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2011, 08:30:02 PM »
No, they don't.

'Taker is an MMA fan. He was being interviewed when Lesnar passed by him. He didn't start anything and it's no secret that he and Brock had some sort of beef from the early 2000s.

As for the match with Helmsley, I'm not fond of it either because it's a re-tread, the third time 'Taker has faced someone he's already beaten at WrestleMania. It appears now Shawn Michaels is going to be involved in this. I hope they don't have him interfere and have 'Taker lose, as a result.

I have a feeling, however, that if Michaels interferes, he'll cost HHH the match. Thus, you set up the campaign to get Michaels "reinstated".

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »
No, they don't.

lol I'm not too worried about it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
I thought the HHH-Undertaker segement was good. It made up for the weak buildup over the past few weeks.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2011, 06:07:23 AM »
So Taker had to show up and tell HHH to his face?  Why?  Doesn't HHH own a tv set?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »
Loved it! HHH part about the respect for the Undertaker was all goosebumps! Big time goose bumps! I have been watching this guy half my life. Timmy is the guy on the couch and the drunk guy in the crowd. Have NO idea how hardcore these guys truly are. 20-zip. Not only the streak. Helmsly did a great job tonight. Shawn was the retarded cross eyed kid pushed in the corner. I love this time of year. This match is gonna be great! Lets do it! Wrestlemania!!!

I agree. It seems like they put a months worth of build into one promo. I wasn't excited for this match but now I am. I thought Shawn was awesome. He came out like the old HBK but at the end of it was a beaten down old man. It showed how much the matches with Taker took out of him. The HHH quote about how Shawn got soft was awesome. He'll be involved somehow..like a "Whose side is he on?" thing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2011, 05:58:11 AM »
I have to agree with the premise of the thread.

The problem with Taker - HHH is that neither have been active. So, the match comes off very contrived. Vince needed a big match so he put together two stars.

Miz - Cena is not the match people want see. That would be Rock - Cena. By bringing back Rock, Vince made the WM main event a build-up to another match as opposed to a culmination.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »
I thought the HHH-Undertaker segement was good. It made up for the weak buildup over the past few weeks.
I enjoyed it and thought it was needed to make everyone believe into the storyline. The fact that Michaels came out and the two killer promo's that they each cut leads one to believe that it could really go either way.