Author Topic: CM Punk?  (Read 19363 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: CM Punk?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE has completely sold out of all merchandise for CM Punk. No word as of right now on if any further merchandise may be available in the near future or not.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
wrestlezone.com

Several readers have sent in word that after Raw went off the air tonight, in the dark match main event of the night, John Cena defeated CM Punk for the WWE Title in a Street Fight.

Cena's father got involved in the match when CM Punk pushed him on the outside of the ring. Cena's father fired back by punching Punk in the face, and then Cena hit him with the AA for the win.

We also received word that there was a massive "CM Punk" chant before Raw went on the air, when the ring announcer announced that the show would be going live in 60 seconds.

We were also told that The Miz was very over with the live crowd tonight as about 90% of the crowd was popping big for him during his time on the mic tonight.

........................ ........................ ........................ .........
a buddy of mine who went said Punk was blowing kisses to Cena's wife,Rick Rude style.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »
Cena was great in the first segment but his second promo was lackluster.

Definitely, he didn't look comfortable in the closing segment.

Punk's in a great position right now, but it remains to be seen if he wants to stay and capitalise on it.  He's on the cusp of something huge, a decent feud with Vince could see him become the No.1 guy in the company, a la Stone Cold.  Or he could go somewhere else and be the No.1 guy in that company instead! 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
I am very entertained by this but not excited at all. All this Mr. Nice guy stuff Cena plays is a load. There's no way he'll allow Punk to take his top spot. Not that he could in the first place. As long as John Cena is around. No one is gonna get ahead of him. The Miz should still be the Heavyweight Champion to this day. Punk is just getting attention for Cena to beat him and get put over again. Then the Rocks gonna do it at Mania. Cena's kinda like early Hulkster that no one can beat him$$$. Punks getting his five minutes of fame and it's gonna fade real fast. I loved it when he was paired with that bald chick. But reality is that Cenation isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I doubt Cena will lose his spot.
Rather, I think that Punk will primarily appeal to some of the fans who truly have "Cen-a-nuff."

What will make it interesting is to see how many of Cena's fans Punk acquires.
If he gets enough, it could turn the tide in Punk's favor; but that won't happen overnight.
IMO, the Fed is setting the stage towards gradually moving away from the PG stuff.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
I would guess he re signed a while ago. They have a real shot here to pump much needed life back in the product. I don't think the problem is PG. You can still have a good show with that rating as the past few weeks have shown. The problem is bland and predictable booking and storylines. I've said this before, if they allow Cena to let loose and semi break away from his character, he can hang with anyone on the mic.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
CM Punk is not the Rock. Cena went straight back into the rapper when confronted by the Rock. Because thats all he has. If the Rock was in Canas face and really put the pedal to the metal. Cena would be sitting there like a deer in the head lights.
Cena, Punk, and Rock all pander...they just do it to different demographics..except
to ;D me. I think I'm the only Cena fan above the age of 12. ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
pwtorch

WWE wrestler C.M. Punk was interviewed at-length by GQ Magazine earlier this week and ahead of Sunday's Money in the Bank PPV in his hometown of Chicago. The tone of the GQ article is from the standpoint of wanting to re-capture the Attitude Era and not following the business closely over the last ten years to see it's still a healthy operation (despite the micro issues that plague wrestling week-to-week). There's also a lack of examination of whether Punk's stylistically-excellent TV program with John Cena and Vince McMahon will turn into dollars. The tone settles on "Punk's work is awesome, revolutionary, and draws a reaction a la something from the Attitude Era" without taking the next step of examining whether it will translate into making money.

Punk briefly touches on his belief he's made money for WWE with the program, then the interview immediately switches back to Punk "getting a reaction" within and outside the business. Punk's comment on what Vince McMahon cares about:

"I went out there and seemingly turned the place on its ear, and I have yet to hear one negative thing about any of it. I don't really think Vince McMahon cares. The bottom line is making money. I'd like to think that that's what I did," Punk said. "Whether it's real or not is almost irrelevant, but I think people can see through it and realize that yeah, this guy's pissed off, this guy's fed up. They can relate to that."

Punk's lengthy interview includes comments on several aspects of the current program, his departure from WWE, being positioned to walk away from pro wrestling if he wanted to, and other topics.
Punk said he wants a "summer vacation" after running hard for the last year rehabbing two injuries and traveling full-time, including his time as a commentator while battling a cracked hip.

"I have no plans. (Colt) Cabana was fired on a Friday and wrestling on a Saturday. That is not going to be me," Punk said, before noting he hasn't been contacted by other promotions about working for them after leaving WWE.
I've been doing this for a long time with no break. Especially over the last year, I had an elbow surgery and narrowly avoided hip surgery, so all my downtime's been used up by rehabbing so I can get back in the ring. And I never missed a beat; I was doing commentary with my cracked-up hip. That wears on you after a while. I'm looking forward to not setting an alarm, not flying anywhere, not having a schedule. I think everyone's dream is to do nothing. I want to have time off and not be injured. I want it to be summer vacation, where I don't have anything to do for three months. I can do anything."

Punk added that he's saved his money, doesn't spend much money, doesn't have debt, doesn't have addictions or an expensive lifestyle to maintain, and believes he's "set" financially. Based on the tone of Punk's comments, what would bring him back to WWE (or another promotion) is creative fulfillment. As for now, Punk said, "I'm reaching a point where I can step away and where I need to step away for a while."

-- Despite leaving WWE, Punk said he views himself as a potential locker room leader, especially being able to voice a lot of frustrations other wrestlers have during the current TV program with McMahon and Cena.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 02:31:48 PM »
Everybody wants to say what I said. There's a lot of unrest. There are a lot of people who are unhappy. I don't want to say I'm their hero, but a lot of people have said that," Punk said. "It's not like we work for a tyrant. It's like this in every job, I think. There's certain people who are afforded privileges and maybe, maybe don't deserve them."

Punk said the other aspect is him being a veteran, by default, because of how much locker room turnover there has been to the point where Kelly Kelly is the #2 babyface in the Raw locker room based on tenure.
If they have something to say, I would like to think that somebody's going to listen. I'd imagine I fall somewhere in between hardass godfather type and the who-the-fuck-does-this-kid-think-he-is guy," Punk said. "There's a lot of times when I'm throwing a fit because everyone has completely destroyed the locker room...I would think that is the genesis of adapting a leadership role in the WWE."

-- Regarding his relationship with Vince McMahon both behind-the-scenes and on-camera during their promo exchange on Monday's Raw, Punk said he believes he's reached a point where he commands McMahon's attention.

"He intimidates a lot of people. I'm certainly not intimidated, but he does have a very strong presence," Punk said. "Only a few people can really command his attention, and I certainly couldn't do that when I first got here. I can definitely do that now."

Regarding the promo exchange on Monday, one wrestler watching the promo noted that Punk seemed shaky at first standing in the ring with McMahon, which McMahon is looking for, but then Punk gathered himself and cut a main-eventer promo. Punk acknowledged in the interview there was a bit of a "feeling out process" with McMahon.

"I've always wanted to be in the ring to do stuff with Vince; I don't think there's anything bigger than that. But, I've never been given that opportunity. So I'm not slowing down. Last night (Monday on Raw) was that situation. I was going to go out there and do nothing but hit a grand slam," Punk said, talking as if there's more to this program than just Punk-leaves-after-MITB.

-- Punk also discussed his time in Ring of Honor and becoming "bored" with the independent scene, which led him to WWE to achieve higher goals.
I needed something new. I set the bar high: Working with the WWE. I figured out that if I went to work there then, they'd say I'm not big enough, so I kicked my own ass and got into mega-shape. I ordered my own gear. They contacted me, and I said, 'Give me three months to get into shape, so when I go there, you can't say no.' That's what I did," Punk said.  "I didn't have an easy go of it; they hired me and sent me into their developmental system. But I've always worked my ass off. I'm never satisfied. It's like that now; that's what keeps driving me. And I think that's how I worked here, because I don't take no for an answer."

At the beginning of the interview, Punk was asked about his comment on Raw about WWE not receiving mainstream media attention, except in the case of a wrestler dying. Punk showed he's still a diplomat not examining the root cause of the issues and mainstream avoiding an industry with a self-created poor reputation. He also suggested Randy Savage died of "natural causes" despite having an enlarged heart, which has been part of numerous early wrestler deaths.

"There's a negative connotation to that (wrestlers dying erly), but Randy Savage just passed away of natural causes. The poor guy was driving his car, and he had a heart attack. I think that was the last time we got any mainstream attention," Punk said.

-- The entire four-page interview is worth reading with many more topics covered in-depth at GQ.com.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
Gerweck.net

Dave Meltzer is reporting that CM Punk is not advertised for any WWE events between now and the end of the year. The general feeling internally is that it is a given he’ll be back by early next year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
During an appearance along with Ring of Honor star Colt Cabana on Siriux/XM promoting tonight’s Money in the Bank PPV, CM Punk claimed he was offered a new five year deal with WWE and turned it down. He also added that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson didn’t deserve to be in the main event of Wrestlemania 28 next year in Miami.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
- As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn’t exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk’s name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday’s RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk’s name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk’s name – which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »
Quote:
CM Punk crashed WWE's panel discussion this afternoon at the San Diego Comic-Con, featuring Triple H, Rey Mysterio and WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with WWE Championship in tow, took to the designated question-asking microphone and began to speak. The Straight Edge Superstar took exception to WWE attempting to crown a new champion on Raw and then challenged Mysterio, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to face him.

Punk then also asked Triple H and WWE writer Brian Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn't on television. Triple H, in what appeared to be a kayfabe response, told Punk that things had changed on Raw and there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Question is, what is going to be the culimination to this?. This runs it's course then what?

Evan Bourne flipping HHH the bird?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
Question is, what is going to be the culimination to this?. This runs it's course then what?

Evan Bourne flipping HHH the bird?
HHH v CM @ WrestleMania, career v career
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 03:17:19 AM »
WWE has dropped the ball once again. This should have been dragged out for months but instead 2 weeks, Punk is back on Raw, signed his deal. Faces Cena at SS, win or lose this is done.

Nexus thrown to the weeds....

Sad really...

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
WWE has dropped the ball once again. This should have been dragged out for months but instead 2 weeks, Punk is back on Raw, signed his deal. Faces Cena at SS, win or lose this is done.

Nexus thrown to the weeds....

Sad really...

Do you get it?  People don't have that much of an attention span.  It's all about instant stimulation. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
I still maintain that there are fans who want to cheer someone, but just can't bring themselves to back the Cena character.

Remember when Bret was playing the face as WWF champion, and fans began cheering the bad guys like Austin over him?
Bret was the classic, clean-cut babyface who should have been cheered, but the fans went bat-shit crazy when Austin attacked him.

I see the possibility of something similar happening between Cena & Punk.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
They should have kept Punk away for at least a couple of months.  Keep the online/social network hype going, keep him making random appearances here and there. 

Then he suddenly appears on Raw, and HHH announces that he's come to an agreement with Punk.  It'll be HHH vs Punk, if Hunter wins, the title comes back to WWE, if Punk wins, he gets the most lucrative contract in WWE history.  Come the match, Cena has to interfere to stop Punk cheating, HHH hits the pedigree on Punk, and gets the win.  He picks up the WWE Championship, goes to hand it to Cena, then stops, stares at the belt for a second... then Pedigree's Cena.   ;D ;D

Or not.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2011, 02:40:13 AM »
They should have kept Punk away for at least a couple of months.  Keep the online/social network hype going, keep him making random appearances here and there. 

Then he suddenly appears on Raw, and HHH announces that he's come to an agreement with Punk.  It'll be HHH vs Punk, if Hunter wins, the title comes back to WWE, if Punk wins, he gets the most lucrative contract in WWE history.  Come the match, Cena has to interfere to stop Punk cheating, HHH hits the pedigree on Punk, and gets the win.  He picks up the WWE Championship, goes to hand it to Cena, then stops, stares at the belt for a second... then Pedigree's Cena.   ;D ;D

Or not.

Even WCW could do better than this.
They got Sting over for a year with him wrestling not one match...he said not one word...and he spent most of his time in rafters with a turkey vulcher.

I agree that the old man (or whoever is making the decisions these days) really dropped the ball on something that had more potential than about any angle they've done in years.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »

This.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2011, 05:19:02 AM »
Miz has the "it" factor.Punk is a Superstar. But he's not glamorous. He's good. But he's not nor will ever be one of the great ones. Miz could have been.

Miz surprised the hell out of me.
I hope that they'll do something of substance with him down the line, and I suspect they will.

I agree about the "it factor," but remember that Austin wasn't glamorous and look where he went.

Punk's got skills.
If used right, he will become an even bigger player.
But...THEY NEED TO UTILIZE HIM CORRECTLY!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 09:01:07 AM »
Punk in a "Raven type" gimmick from ECW days would be entertaining. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »
The Cena shit is so fucking played out..its been what, 5 years of the same old shit?  Get the shit kicked out of him for 20 minutes, do the 5 moves of doom to win...PPV after PPV, wrestling show after wrestling show.  Only little kids and women cheer for this guy.  I remember when he had the rap gimmick, dude was refreshing and entertaining to watch...now seeing his GH forehead is just  :-\