Author Topic: Will Smith and Jada boycott racist Oscars  (Read 54754 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Will Smith and Jada boycott racist Oscars
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
Blacks have already ruined a lot of white characters. The recent black Annie, the black karate kid and the black flash.  Can they just let it rest. Create their own characters?

James Bond next?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »
Blacks have already ruined a lot of white characters. The recent black Annie, the black karate kid and the black flash.  Can they just let it rest. Create their own characters?

I'm waiting for a remake of Straight Out of Compton with an all-white cast.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »

Watch the next Will Smith movie Flop, like the last 3 did.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »
Wild Wild West.  Perhaps the worst movie of all time.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »
Wild Wild West.  Perhaps the worst movie of all time.

He choose this over the Matrix.

He was also offered the lead in Django Unchained but he thought the WHITE dentist was the real star of the movie. QT told him the dentist had to be white and that he wasn't the lead but a complimentary role to Django. Smith thought otherwise...

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »

LMAO!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »

Straight Outta Provo!

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2016, 11:30:17 PM »
Won't attend Oscars over the "issue" with too many white nominees... Or so I've heard

Is he joking or is he, despite all his success, just as self-victimizing as some poor minority sob?

He's successful therefor the film industry isn't racially biased? Explain the thought process there.

Or are you saying as long as he's doing alright he shouldn't have any wider moral opinion? I do t know what minority's you originate from but you've clearly forgotten it.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2016, 02:00:52 AM »

I wonder if will smith would be boycotting if he wasn't sitting on $100M and having his own production company.

He will be running back to to Michael bay for another bad boys movie.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2016, 03:01:45 AM »
He's successful therefor the film industry isn't racially biased? Explain the thought process there.

Or are you saying as long as he's doing alright he shouldn't have any wider moral opinion? I do t know what minority's you originate from but you've clearly forgotten it.

Simple:

-The industry is not particularly racially biased, I would say, probably the other way around, feeling pressure to nominate according to diversity instead of popularity

-minorities have a tendency to whine and blame others for racism instead of taking responsibility and accepting that society is not fair

-will smith can live well and doesn't have to resort to this pathetic victim-mentality and misuse of the tiresome racism-label (because that's what the word diversity comes down to in this context). He could just count hinself to a category called "successful people", not focusing on race.

-yet, he choses to go this route, and my thread is about: is he serious? Or dies he feel mistreated and does he think the industry is racist? (I would argue it's not more than any other business, more like money-driven)

I am unsure, i think he is smart actually so I speculate that Jada is making him do it. She seems bossy.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2016, 03:09:11 AM »
I speculate that Jada is making him do it. She seems bossy.

This is my conclusion as well

His wife backed him into a corner
a

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2016, 03:23:39 AM »
This is my conclusion as well

His wife backed him into a corner

Yes, I don't think Will feels unjustly treated because he has had a great career.

But this stunt is only furthering the racism discussion. There's always injustices in life, so I think it's wrong to cry racism without deeper understanding.

For racism to go away, it's a necessity to view humans as individuals. But when you see youself as "black" and part of that group, there's "racism" everywhere that self-confessed category as a whole fails.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2016, 04:26:57 AM »
Yes, I don't think Will feels unjustly treated because he has had a great career.

But this stunt is only furthering the racism discussion. There's always injustices in life, so I think it's wrong to cry racism without deeper understanding.

For racism to go away, it's a necessity to view humans as individuals. But when you see youself as "black" and part of that group, there's "racism" everywhere that self-confessed category as a whole fails.

Lol at racism to go away. Racism will never go away. And people want to be thought of as a group and as individuals. We are tribal by nature.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2016, 04:35:01 AM »
Lol at racism to go away. Racism will never go away. And people want to be thought of as a group and as individuals. We are tribal by nature.

No it won't because it's repeated by whoever feels discriminated

We are tribal but you can choose to be a tribe of something other than skin color.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2016, 04:38:35 AM »
I never created a 5 page thread.

Is it because of some sensitive subject? Hmmm

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2016, 04:43:32 AM »
No it won't because it's repeated by whoever feels discriminated

We are tribal but you can choose to be a tribe of something other than skin color.

Yes, we can choose to be a tribe of something other than skin color, just as people can choose not to be racist too.

Take a look at this board, people can make choices. But they make choices to make this board only friendly to those who accept its "culture". And the culture is skewed mostly to the very negative.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2016, 04:49:06 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
Yes, we can choose to be a tribe of something other than skin color, just as people can choose not to be racist too.

Take a look at this board, people can make choices. But they make choices to make this board only friendly to those who accept its "culture". And the culture is skewed mostly to the very negative.

Anonymity and the net is a cool equalizer. Here you're whatever you chose, and can get judged purely by posts if you want to.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2016, 11:57:33 AM »
Let's briefly review the amazing performances of black actors in Hollywood in 2015.

First and most importantly, Denzel Washington took the year off. So that explains that.

Morgan Freeman did the voiceover in Ted 2, and starred in the straight to video action films Last Knights and Momentum. Fail.

Will Smith as an African doctor falsely credited (in the movie) with discovering CTS in football players. Will butchered the accent and had the most obvious Oscar-bait soliloquy in film history. Fail.

Michael Jordan played the role of a boxer who doesn't really have to overcome any handicaps or speech impediments in his quest for the title. While blacks are griping that Stallone got a nomination and Jordan didn't, Stallone is receiving a sympathy nomination for his 40 years of playing the same retard that he created for himself. Besides, most Academy members saw the name Michael Jordan and wondered when they made a Space Jam sequel.

Forrest Whitaker kept an eye out for Oscar roles but couldn't find anything this year.

Jamie Foxx was too busy staging rescues to take on a starring role after deciding he didn't want to spend two hours being called a Ni66er in another Tarantino movie.

Samuel Jackson sat in a cabin and got called a Ni66er for two hours while spending the final thirty minutes calling Jennifer Jason Leigh a Bitch. He also overacted as Nick Fury in Avengers. Fail.

Don Cheadle appeared in Avengers, failing to free any Rwandans or otherwise cause an impact. Fail.

Anthony Mackie appeared in Avengers as Falcon and also got beat up by the wimpiest superhero ever Ant-Man for which Paul Rudd was also overlooked as an Oscar nominee.

Finally, all seventeen of the Wayans Bros missed out on their usual Oscar nods by failing to make a horribly unfunny satire the entire Year.

ahahahahahhaha funny shit!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »
Now people talking about a quota.  How can blacks be happy knowing that they were only nominated because they were forced to pick them?
I wouldn't accept an award knowing they were forced to give it to me.  I guess some people just don't have honor.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
I like this guy's style.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »
I like this guy's style.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
There are getbiggers everywhere.
V

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
All this exposure about black actors allegedly not getting a fair share of recognition by the Academy is going to make so that the next black that is nominated or awarded an Oscar, will feel like it was a 'token' nomination or award, due to affirmative action instead of 100% on-screen performance.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:21 PM »
All this exposure about black actors allegedly not getting a fair share of recognition by the Academy is going to make so that the next black that is nominated or awarded an Oscar, will feel like it was a 'token' nomination or award, due to affirmative action instead of 100% on-screen performance.

The next?

Shit, every past black nomination and award was basically a token gift

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2016, 08:57:21 PM »
I'm hardly a Will fan, actually avoid him, I think. Maybe I get him mixed-up with the Chris Tuckers and Kevin Harts and Chris Rocks doing their predictably lame, bug-eyed tagline, buddy slapsticks. (Kidding, Parker, relax.) But I'm watching this Seven Pounds on now, and this is some damn good stuff. How come you didn't tell me about this?

Did like him in Enemy of the State and maybe I Am Legend, but nothing else comes to mind.

Oh, FABULOUS as Ray Charles, too, forgot.