Author Topic: PBW Radio Presents "Magazine Wars" 09-11-06 --> Reply is now available...  (Read 35527 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Subject:  PBW Presents "Magazine Wars" (Monday)

Bodybuilding talk radio returns on Monday as Team MuscleTech presents Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  The one-hour broadcast will feature a closer look at the war of words currently taking place on newsstands between rival magazines.  Dan & Bob will also check in with Shawn Ray as PBW looks ahead toward Olympia Weekend.  The voice of pro bodybuilding broadcasts LIVE on Monday, September 11th at 8pm EST (5pm pst) for a worldwide audience.  Broadcasting at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

"Big Ron" Up Next!  PBW will celebrate its 50th broadcast with 8-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman on Monday, September 18th…just days before he attempts to shatter Haney’s record! 

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
Re: PBW Radio Presents "Magazine Wars" 09-11-06
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:04:30 PM »
Magazine wars? I mean it's a big issue but who wants to hear pro-Weider guy Chick blast MD for an hour.  Dont get Shawn Ray on there or we'll never hear an opinion.  If Romano shows up someone is going to have a meltdown.
Truly STOP WHINING

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »
Subject:  PBW Presents "Magazine Wars" (Monday)

Bodybuilding talk radio returns on Monday as Team MuscleTech presents Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  The one-hour broadcast will feature a closer look at the war of words currently taking place on newsstands between rival magazines.  Dan & Bob will also check in with Shawn Ray as PBW looks ahead toward Olympia Weekend.  The voice of pro bodybuilding broadcasts LIVE on Monday, September 11th at 8pm EST (5pm pst) for a worldwide audience.  Broadcasting at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

"Big Ron" Up Next!  PBW will celebrate its 50th broadcast with 8-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman on Monday, September 18th…just days before he attempts to shatter Haney’s record! 

Dan should "accidentally" hang up on Shawn when he starts rambling.

God, that man loves to talk!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:13:16 PM »
No one really cares as i doubt many people on here read the damn things. By the time they report the Montreal we'll all be discussing the Olympia and Mr Getbig.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
I don't see whats wrong with Shawn's responses they are lengthy but do answer the question throughly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »
This should be an interesting way for us in the peanut gallery to learn more about the writers.  I'd suggest a few things:

1) Dan is awesome at this, but Bob is not - I would ask that the hosts remain very very neutral this week during the debate.  Do not offer opinions on the mag wars.  Otherwise it'll quickly become a 2 on 1, as Bob and Team FLEX take on MD. (See: Lee priest radio piece)   If Bob can - even just this week - step back and just ask awesome questions, and each side receives equal time to respond, it'd be awesome, and it'd be true journalism! 

2) Now, for Bob himself, I'd like to ask him to tell us this:
Please tell us the difference between 2 Bbing mags and 2 Bbing federations.  Please tell us why it's A-okay for the sport to have two magazines, but two federations is very bad for the sport.  Why is it cool to divide up the BBing audience into segments for marketing publications, but dividing up the federations (mass=ifbb and aesthetics=pdi) is a terrible idea you've argued so vehemently against?

3) Finally, at the end, I would design a structure and earmark 3 minutes so that each guest can hae 20 seconds to make ONE statement which summarizes his points and positions.  Tell them ahead of time so they can write it down.  The radio show is awesome but closure is sometimes a little awkward.  i'd like to hear each person have EXACTLY 20 seconds to share his composed thoughts with the listeners so that we walk away with the impression of a series of thinking points, not 6 guys yelling over each other as we run out of time.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »
Magazine wars? I mean it's a big issue but who wants to hear pro-Weider guy Chick blast MD for an hour.  Dont get Shawn Ray on there or we'll never hear an opinion.  If Romano shows up someone is going to have a meltdown.

Just have a cage match between the Weider athlethes and MD's.

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:13:31 PM »
2) Now, for Bob himself, I'd like to ask him to tell us this:
Please tell us the difference between 2 Bbing mags and 2 Bbing federations.  Please tell us why it's A-okay for the sport to have two magazines, but two federations is very bad for the sport.  Why is it cool to divide up the BBing audience into segments for marketing publications, but dividing up the federations (mass=ifbb and aesthetics=pdi) is a terrible idea you've argued so vehemently against?

I doubt that the other mags would like to know that you think they don't exist...
MMI, Ironman etc

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
I doubt that the other mags would like to know that you think they don't exist...
MMI, Ironman etc

C

don't rush him. 
We are starting him off slowly.  Today a couple of mags, maybe next month a book.
It will be an Archie Book, but it is still a book.

I am starting a collection to buy him a speak and spell, so cut the guy some slack.
 ;D ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 03:28:10 PM »
MMI, Ironman etc

You also have the NABBA, the WABBA, and lot of other fun groups.  But as with all fields, there are always two names that are known.  Coke & Pepsi.  Nike & Reebok.  Hertz & Avis. XBOX & PS2.  Dems and Repubs.  FLEX & MD. Come on man, this is mktg 1, the Law of Duality.  In the long run, every market becomes a 2-horse race.   Scribbles, call me up.  You teach me to talk to fitness girls, I'll school you on the laws of mktg :)

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »
hope this aint another "round table" episode  ::)... Why not have Johnnie Jackson in the hotseat???? ;)

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 03:34:37 PM »
hope this aint another "round table" episode  ::)... Why not have Johnnie Jackson in the hotseat???? ;)

When you say "hotseat", JoJ might just have his mind elsewhere ;)
Chadwick Mower in 2008

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »
When you say "hotseat", JoJ might just have his mind elsewhere ;)

;D

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »
Anyone who thinks this show will be fair and balanced look no further then who their sponsor is one thie website...FLEX MAGAZINE...you're all idiots if you think this show will side with Blechman and crew in any manner.
Enjoy your dish...

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
Poor taste in the title of your show...on the five year anniversary of 9/11 to say this is a "war" is a mockery of a very real war that was launched on america.  >:(
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
Anyone who thinks this show will be fair and balanced look no further then who their sponsor is one thie website...FLEX MAGAZINE...you're all idiots if you think this show will side with Blechman and crew in any manner.

I have faith that Bob can show restraint and that the questions can be 50/50 and the time can be 50/50.  I think that since they know there is a potential conflict of interest, they'll go out of their way to avoid this in order to maintain journalistic integrity.

If they do, people here and everywhere will give them props, and IMO they'll take a step forward.  If Bob grandstands and speaks his potentially biased piece each time, the split may be a 66/33 split.  

I'll say it again - if this is billed as Magazine wars, the job of the media is to observe and not influence.  Let's see a 50/50 split!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »
Poor taste in the title of your show...on the five year anniversary of 9/11 to say this is a "war" is a mockery of a very real war that was launched on america.  >:(

Be careful there boss.  There's a lot of evidence which says the "war on terror" involves a lot of white guys in ties that are eating steak on your dime right about now. 

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 04:30:38 PM »
Be careful there boss.  There's a lot of evidence which says the "war on terror" involves a lot of white guys in ties that are eating steak on your dime right about now. 
we're not talking about your hardon for the "war on terror". Talking simple terms comparing two guys talking smack in a subculture industry vs planes being flown into our tallest buildings on the same day 5 years ago is much different. two very different "wars". show some respect for the real war people are fighting because of the events on 9/11, not some pissing parade between inflated egomaniacs.

"potential" conflict of interest? when you have FLEX magazine's logo as one of your sponsors there is clearly more then a "potential" conflict there boss.

why isn't steve coming on the show to discuss?

Enjoy your dish...

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »
I'll say it again - if this is billed as Magazine wars, the job of the media is to observe and not influence.  Let's see a 50/50 split!
How do you figure it's the job of the media to observe and not influence?

PS - let me know if you need some tips on talking to fitness women, I'll be down in West Palm Beach the week after the Olympia if you want to sign up for a couple classes. ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »
How do you figure it's the job of the media to observe and not influence?

I live media and politics man.

Despite the fact that each show will be tailored to its target demo, there has to be a modicum of neutrality or the show hosts lose their ability to call themselves journalists and they become entertainers.

Lou Dobbs is a journalist.  O'Reilly is not.  Now, let's not kill this topic with politics.  Which fitness girls you meeting?  You do know that's arvilla's stomping grounds.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 04:55:17 PM »
"potential" conflict of interest? when you have FLEX magazine's logo as one of your sponsors there is clearly more then a "potential" conflict there boss.

There will only be a conflict if the hosts let there be a conflict. 

They can deliver a solid gold debate in which each side is asked 5 adversarial questions specific to their position, and each side has equal time to respond.  I think they will, and I am looking fwd to it. 

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 06:58:02 PM »
Cmon man it'sa easy. Peter calls Dan, Dan listens to Peter or else the sponsorship check will not be mailed.
The BBinsider

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 07:02:49 PM »
let's not kill this topic with politics.
ami/weider pulled their own politics

that is the topic

Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 07:04:16 PM »
ami/weider pulled their own politics
that is the topic

No saints in this graveyard my friend.  Both sides taking public shots.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 07:07:37 PM »
the real question is will shawn be appearing as himself or goatboy to plug his new goat protein

???
Enjoy your dish...