Author Topic: LeafyBug Training Clips 300lbs shoulder press!  (Read 10799 times)

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
Re: LeafyBug Training Clips 300lbs shoulder press!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »

not a single
legit 315
presser in this
whole group

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »

My hands got sweaty and the straps kept slipping so i just dropped it.

Lower the weight. You notice how your shrugging way higher on your left side then you are on the right.

Good way to get yourself hurt pal.

Lower the weight and do it right.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: LeafyBug Training Clips
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 11:41:26 PM »
Nahh im still a twink. Im staying leaner this year though.

Brutal... if you add all those "reps" up together, the bar might have actually moved an inch or two! And I won't even comment on your ludicrous form in the shrugs video you posted, except to say if you haven't injured yourself yet you are very, very, very lucky.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 02:16:57 AM »
Reps looked easy on the presses. No idea if these inch movements are really useful.
Once saw an interesting training video on the MD website - dude was a powerlifter and said that he did rack pulls with really big weights and that although they wouldn't build strength they were awesome muscle/thickness adders.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 03:52:28 AM »
My thoughts on low reps with heavy weights and partial reps, are that they will add power so that on your lighter sets,you can use more weight after a time,also they`ll help strengthen tendons and ligaments.

Personally, I do a full range of motion on everything all the time................ I do half reps on certain movements at the end of a set when full reps are no longer possible,in an effort to extend the set and get a "burn" in the muscle I`m training.

This is not a knock on Dans training, because whatever he`s doing,it`s working as he looks fucking great.

I`d go lighter with a full range of motion myself,but I don`t look anywhere near as good as Dan (Leafy).

If it works,great...........but be careful.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 04:00:31 AM »
LIFT AS HEAVY AS YOU CAN IN A RANGE OF MOTION THAT ACTUALLY WORKS YOUR MUSCLE....YOU MAY HAVE SHORT BELLIES, LONG BELLIES. JUST WORK IN THAT RANGE OF MOTION, HEAVY THOUGH. YOU GOTTA BE BREATHING HARD AFTER THE GODDAMN SET AND SWEATING SOON.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 05:56:17 AM »
that's one big bug.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 06:14:50 AM »
here's something for you to watch before you do shoulders again. You can't watch this massive natural bodybuilder doing a set of shoulder presses with 315lbs for reps and not be impressed.

The only thing I am impressed by is them being creative, the one guy was doing shoulder press while the other guy was doing curls with the same bar, at the same time, wow 8)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 08:38:08 AM »
Leaf has unreal genetics and there is strong suspesion that he is the long lost son of Steve Reeves.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »
The only thing I am impressed by is them being creative, the one guy was doing shoulder press while the other guy was doing curls with the same bar, at the same time, wow 8)
Ridiculous training...........all ego!!  :(

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »
Full reps are easier sometimes. When i do squats i never do full reps until im doing a heavy heavy set. I short stroke all my bench press movements too.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
Full reps are easier sometimes. When i do squats i never do full reps until im doing a heavy heavy set. I short stroke all my bench press movements too.
if its working fine,,,depending on arm length and normal rom for one's body ,locking out may not be possible,,your building muscle with tension and load.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
if its working fine,,,depending on arm length and normal rom for one's body ,locking out may not be possible,,your building muscle with tension and load.
Agreed. I think locking out is dangerous for joints as well. I am a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter. As long as i'm moving the weight under control that is all that matters. You don't want to lock out with heavy weight. See Jason Huh training videos. These guys flaming me are the same guys doing bench presses to the neck to "build upper pecs" and blowing their shoulders out from lock out movements on bench, etc. I have yet to have a joint related injury. I have hurt my muscles/ tendons before but nothing major.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
Lower the weight. You notice how your shrugging way higher on your left side then you are on the right.

Good way to get yourself hurt pal.

Lower the weight and do it right.
I have a muscular imbalance i am working on. I am well aware of this. I have tried to get massage to loosen up the tighter side. You can see it in my back double bicep earlier on in the year when i was dieting down.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
Agreed. I think locking out is dangerous for joints as well. I am a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter. As long as i'm moving the weight under control that is all that matters. You don't want to lock out with heavy weight. See Jason Huh training videos. These guys flaming me are the same guys doing bench presses to the neck to "build upper pecs" and blowing their shoulders out from lock out movements on bench, etc. I have yet to have a joint related injury. I have hurt my muscles/ tendons before but nothing major.
actually smith machine flat bench to neck pretty good ,,but u have to be careful doing them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:08 PM »
Leafy lookin sw0lez.

Nice job Bug.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
I can do this for about 6-8 reps as my top set. Not a press as I jerk it a bit but 2 and a half plates anyway

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Made it look easy Goudy.....nice lifting bud.  :)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
brutal 1/8 inch of range of motion

:D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
I can do this for about 6-8 reps as my top set. Not a press as I jerk it a bit but 2 and a half plates anyway

wow, youve gotten a lot bigger and stronger you threw that shit aroung like nothing, very impressive.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »

def one of the stronger shoulder pressers here
choice is an illusion

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
My thoughts on low reps with heavy weights and partial reps, are that they will add power so that on your lighter sets,you can use more weight after a time,also they`ll help strengthen tendons and ligaments.

Personally, I do a full range of motion on everything all the time................ I do half reps on certain movements at the end of a set when full reps are no longer possible,in an effort to extend the set and get a "burn" in the muscle I`m training.

This is not a knock on Dans training, because whatever he`s doing,it`s working as he looks fucking great.

I`d go lighter with a full range of motion myself,but I don`t look anywhere near as good as Dan (Leafy).

If it works,great...........but be careful.

i agree with most but disagree with the notion implied here that you need a full range of motion for certain exercises to cause growth. for example, most people do bench for their pecs and some people don'tt go to top the 1/4th of the lift, the lockout, which is perfectly fine as it mostly targets the tris.

though, i feel for some muscles a stretch is necessary for them to grow, like biceps. i can't get them to grow very well unless i'm getting a full stretch and a strong contraction at the top of the lift.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
here's something for you to watch before you do shoulders again. You can't watch this massive natural bodybuilder doing a set of shoulder presses with 315lbs for reps and not be impressed.

N0T IMPRESSED

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Someone needs to warn him of his low back...

Oh wait...

I just did.

Wait til you get to be an old man like me. I used perfect form and very heavy weights and it still took its toll on me. It's inevitable...

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2011, 03:08:56 AM »

Very impressive!  Even with a spot not many people can barbell curl three plates.