Author Topic: Truth Social Clears SEC Hurdle  (Read 751 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Truth Social Clears SEC Hurdle
« on: February 19, 2024, 10:58:16 AM »
Truth Social, Donald Trump's social media platform, announced late Wednesday it had clear its final regulatory hurdle for merging with a cash-flush acquisition company whose value has soared in recent weeks as the former president won the first three major presidential primary contests.

Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) announced that the Securities and Exchange Commission had "declared effective" the registration statement for its proposed merger with Trump Media and Technology Group, the parent company for Truth Social.

The SEC's action ends nearly a two-year-long saga of delays that some conservatives feared were driven by political influences at the Biden administration. It also gives tens of thousands of everyday investors who made a bet on the merger a chance to own a piece of the Trump-owned firm heading into the 2024 election

DWAC said it plans to announce by week's end the date of a special meeting where stockholders can vote to approve the merger.

Devin Nunes, the former California congressman who serves as Truth Social's CEO, hailed the development as a chance for the social platform to gain capital and grow as a free speech alternative to Big Tech companies that have stirred controversy by engaging in various forms of censorship.

"Truth Social was created to serve as a safe harbor for free expression and to give people their voices back," Nunes said. "Moving forward, we aim to accelerate our work to build a free speech highway outside the stifling stranglehold of Big Tech

"I'd like to thank everyone who has believed in our mission and helped bring us to this moment: DWAC and its CEO Eric Swider, DWAC shareholders, the TMTG Board of Directors, the entire TMTG staff, and the whole community of Truth Social users," he added.

DWAC has seen the value of its stock rise in recent weeks from around $15 a share to $43.50 late Wednesday, fueled in part by Trump's commanding early success in the GOP primaries.

Devin Nunes, the former California congressman who serves as Truth Social's CEO, hailed the development as a chance for the social platform to gain capital and grow as a free speech alternative to Big Tech companies that have stirred controversy by engaging in various forms of censorship.

"Truth Social was created to serve as a safe harbor for free expression and to give people their voices back," Nunes said. "Moving forward, we aim to accelerate our work to build a free speech highway outside the stifling stranglehold of Big Tech

"I'd like to thank everyone who has believed in our mission and helped bring us to this moment: DWAC and its CEO Eric Swider, DWAC shareholders, the TMTG Board of Directors, the entire TMTG staff, and the whole community of Truth Social users," he added.

- Just the News

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Truth Social Clears SEC Hurdle
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 02:32:37 PM »
What’s your take on this news?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 04:14:28 PM »
Coach, are you a user on Truth Social? In July of 2023 Truth Social had an estimated 607,000 monthly users. As of 2023, there were approximately 556 million active monthly users on X. Facebook currently has 3.07 billion monthly active users. YouTube has 2.2 billion. Instagram has 1.4 billion. TikTok - 1 Billion, Snapchat - 500 Million, and Pinterest - 480 Million.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 06:03:59 PM »
Coach, are you a user on Truth Social? In July of 2023 Truth Social had an estimated 607,000 monthly users. As of 2023, there were approximately 556 million active monthly users on X. Facebook currently has 3.07 billion monthly active users. YouTube has 2.2 billion. Instagram has 1.4 billion. TikTok - 1 Billion, Snapchat - 500 Million, and Pinterest - 480 Million.

Whats your point? You're showing your entrepreneurial ignorance again. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 06:50:38 PM »
I am in the stock for $65 a share. :-[

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 02:37:03 PM »
Whats your point? You're showing your entrepreneurial ignorance again.

Entrepreneurial ignorance? What I posted was current social media user information, I was not making a point. You apparently concluded something on your own. My post had nothing to do with entrepreneurship. Try again.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 02:40:28 PM »
Entrepreneurial ignorance? What I posted was current social media user information, I was not making a point. You apparently concluded something on your own. My post had nothing to do with entrepreneurship. Try again.  ::)

Typical.   :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 03:13:57 PM »
Typical.   :)

It is true that I most often post facts and statistics rather than my personal opinions. Do you have an issue with this?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 04:48:23 PM »
It is true that I most often post facts and statistics rather than my personal opinions. Do you have an issue with this?

Then it makes no sense to post it since you didn’t offer any context. You could’ve just stopped at “Coach are you a TruthSocial user?” And it would’ve been concluded at that. If you weren’t making a point, why post the statistics? ???

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2024, 05:30:25 PM »

Boomer with a Google, AI or bot?  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2024, 05:42:21 PM »

Then it makes no sense to post it since you didn’t offer any context. You could’ve just stopped at “Coach are you a TruthSocial user?” And it would’ve been concluded at that. If you weren’t making a point, why post the statistics? ???

Exactly. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 12:08:37 PM »
Why is another lawsuit not a surprise?  Can't this buffoon do anything without drama?

Doesn't the SEC require him to hold his shares 6 months before selling them?  In 6 months, they could be worth only pennies.  Watch it become another bankruptcy when it hits the open market.

---
Trump Media co-founders sue company, alleging a scheme to dilute shares
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Trump+Media+co-founders+sue+company%2C+alleging+a+scheme+to+dilute+shares

Two cofounders of former President Donald Trump's media company have filed a lawsuit claiming executives at the company schemed to deprive them of shares that could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars ahead of a possible merger.

Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, who met Trump when they were contestants on "The Apprentice," filed the lawsuit through their partnership, United Atlantic Ventures (UAV).

In the suit, seen by The Washington Post, they claimed executives, including Trump, were using "11th hour, pre-merger corporate maneuvering" to dilute their stake in the business.
---

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 09:36:53 AM »
Why is another lawsuit not a surprise?  Can't this buffoon do anything without drama?

Doesn't the SEC require him to hold his shares 6 months before selling them?  In 6 months, they could be worth only pennies.  Watch it become another bankruptcy when it hits the open market.

---
Trump Media co-founders sue company, alleging a scheme to dilute shares
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Trump+Media+co-founders+sue+company%2C+alleging+a+scheme+to+dilute+shares

Two cofounders of former President Donald Trump's media company have filed a lawsuit claiming executives at the company schemed to deprive them of shares that could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars ahead of a possible merger.

Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, who met Trump when they were contestants on "The Apprentice," filed the lawsuit through their partnership, United Atlantic Ventures (UAV).

In the suit, seen by The Washington Post, they claimed executives, including Trump, were using "11th hour, pre-merger corporate maneuvering" to dilute their stake in the business.
---
Being that you are the head  “Buffon” of Getbig why don’t you help him out.
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 12:33:58 PM »
Being that you are the head  “Buffon” of Getbig why don’t you help him out.

Why would I do that?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2024, 10:39:22 AM »
Why would I do that?
Because you’re an expert at buffonary!
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2024, 04:17:07 PM »
Because you’re an expert at buffonary!

Say the expert on dumbassery!

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 02:14:18 PM »
Say the expert on dumbassery!
🖕President Trump is going to deport you along with all the other filth PedoJoe allowed to infiltrate this Country. Get packing LibTurd!
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 05:29:12 PM »
🖕President Trump is going to deport you along with all the other filth PedoJoe allowed to infiltrate this Country. Get packing LibTurd!

Except that I am a citizen.  Dumb ass.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2024, 09:51:16 AM »
Except that I am a citizen.  Dumb ass.
You’re a shitizen, an Anti-American C unt. I’ll make sure President Trump sends you back to where you belong!🖕
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2024, 11:41:22 AM »
You’re a shitizen, an Anti-American C unt. I’ll make sure President Trump sends you back to where you belong!🖕

Sure you will.   ::)

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024, 11:58:28 AM »
T

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 11:15:55 AM »
https://www.guy.html?pvid=8pQL2YwMnwWcocOCOoGJd1x0&ugrp=c&smid=tw-share

Republican Donor Jeff Yass Owned Shares in Trump Media Merger Partner

The billionaire Wall Street financier is also a major investor in ByteDance, the Chinese parent company of TikTok, which faces a possible ban in the United States.
c

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 12:55:49 PM »
Braindead pant-shitter clears porta-potty hurdle, but still blasts liquid shite into his diaper...

i=F45REVfBt7K1O-Wn

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 05:42:21 PM »
I am in the stock for $65 a share. :-[
At least the stock is finally going back up.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2024, 09:34:37 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/27/how-can-donald-trumps-lossmaking-truth-social-be-worth-8bn
Analysis
How can Donald Trump’s loss-making Truth Social be worth $9bn?
c